Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 171211 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #735 on: October 08, 2009, 05:01:53 am »

Lucid means clear and easily understood, personally i always liked the pun with Gork and Mork.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: October 08, 2009, 09:08:59 am »

You normally act like a ten year old who got into his parents' coffee, but today you're all reasonable and talking normally.
Shoes...

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: October 08, 2009, 01:37:13 pm »

wouldnt fit into the grimdark.  its followers wouldnt make war, but would instead just sit around in eyeshadow and fishnet sleeves listening to sad music.

the chaos gods wouldnt tolerate that goth shit because, as we all know, in the grim darkness of the far future there is only Bolt Thrower.

Not really. Remember that the Chaos God thrives on emotions, and want to promote them. And remember that Sorrow always love to inflict Sorrow onto other people, so that other people can feel the same pain they feel. So the Sorrow Chaos God would seek to do something no other Chaos God has done: Break incredibly hardened warriors into angsty teens just waiting to be put out of their misery. I could see a plan to cause an entire planet to be exterminated so that the last surviving Space Marine from that planet by that planet would write sad poems.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: October 08, 2009, 01:57:01 pm »

It cold be cool, like some kind of greater daemon with an aura that disheartens enemy units, lowering their stats or whatever.
Shoes...

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: October 08, 2009, 02:38:01 pm »

EXACTLY! ;D The Chaos gods already kill, mutate, enslave, plague and corrupt humans, why not go the full hog and break their pesky fighting spirit while we're at it?
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: October 08, 2009, 02:56:58 pm »

In the 3.5 edition Chaos Marines book, Greater Daemons did exactly that, -2 Leadership in close combat.  For that matter, Raptor Squads did the same thing.  Both of them were thanks to the Daemonic Aura special, but if the few battle reports I read on forums and such were any indication, not a lot of people read the rules closely enough to remember that in action, just assigning a -1 (for the basic level aura), if even that.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: October 08, 2009, 09:36:12 pm »

The problem with a "God of sorrow" is the fact that Chaos gods are two sided. Khorne is is a god of war and bloodshed, but of courage and honor as well. So there might be a god with sorrow in it's portfolio, it would not have that alone. 

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: October 08, 2009, 09:49:07 pm »

sorrow, depression. apathy and sloth.
How's that?
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: October 08, 2009, 09:55:52 pm »

Some of that two-sided stuff is bull. Technically, Nurgle is also the God of all things connected with mortality - all dreams, hopes, etc.

How about the God of Extremes? Extreme sorrow, extreme joy, etc. Whatever moral/leadership bonuses or penalties your units have are doubled in presence of this God's aura.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 09:57:47 pm by deadlycairn »

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: October 08, 2009, 09:58:46 pm »

It's not two sided; the Chaos Gods are twisted represnations of Virtues; Khorne is the God of Honor and Courage in battle, Slaanesh is the God\ess of Pleasure and Plenty, Nurgle is the God of Love and Acceptance and Tzeentch is the God of Change and new ideas (which is a pretty neutral concept to begin with really.)

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: October 08, 2009, 10:13:50 pm »

Okay then, what about the God of Inaction (Twisted tolerance)

This God is a schemer, he infiltrates planet's governments, and whips up resentment and unhappiness among minorities. Soon, the leaders of the planet are crippled by their inability to do anything without angering a minority group, leaving them easy prey for Chaos.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: October 08, 2009, 10:16:50 pm »

Nurgle kind of already has tolerance under his wing since it sort of falls into Acceptance.

Additionally, Tzeentch already has scheming and secret plans, in fact he schemes so much he actually pits his own schemes and plans against each other, deliberately engineering Thirty Xanetos Pile-Ups.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: October 08, 2009, 10:21:52 pm »

Tzeentch is the Master Schemer. This dude is just a Minor God, who schemes only for the purpose of wrapping governments up in so much politically-correct red tape that they can only watch as their citizens turn to chaos.

He avoids planets near or occupied by the Space Marines, for obvious reason (WHAT red tape?)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: October 08, 2009, 10:26:48 pm »

Doesn't really sound like the kind of terrifying ideal that deserves an entire Chaos God all to itself.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: October 08, 2009, 10:37:53 pm »

I know, but I'm trying. Also, apparently (Lexicanum) there are hundreds of minor Gods, that use up their energy when making demons. Some are so weak they effectively turn themselves into a demon, losing their Godhood.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 199