Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 171052 times)

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #495 on: October 02, 2009, 07:32:22 pm »

Humanity would still be screwed.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 02, 2009, 07:36:22 pm »

Yeah, but Da Boyz might get a bit bored afterwards and start having a bit of a scrap.

Before you know it, there's just a clan left.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 02, 2009, 07:37:15 pm »

And then the Emperor returns from his decamilennial slumber, and taking into his hand his righteous sword upon which the flames of Great Heaven burn, he smites the unrighteous and the unholy, and the blasphemers, and the sacriligeous, and the heretics, and the funny-looking.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 02, 2009, 07:39:15 pm »

While I might rag on the "galaxy of writhing flesh" interpretation of Tyranids, I'm pretty sure even a "realistic" hivefleet could just eat the Emprah.  He is one guy after all.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 02, 2009, 07:47:16 pm »

Yes, but he DOES have a good portion of the Universe working for him, If the Tyranids could have eaten him (without the rest of the hivefleet) they would have.

Though, that's speculation.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 02, 2009, 07:56:47 pm »

While I might rag on the "galaxy of writhing flesh" interpretation of Tyranids, I'm pretty sure even a "realistic" hivefleet could just eat the Emprah.  He is one guy after all.

This is hopefully after the Orks or Necrons get up and erase the Tyranids. By then there won't be enough left to stand against the Imperium.

(of course that's assuming the Necrons or Orks haven't wiped out the Imperium  before the Tyranids got here...)
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 02, 2009, 08:05:27 pm »

Basically, everyones screwed, except for the off chance Tau or the Empire win. If the Orks win, they'll kill each other anyway. If the Necrons win, well they're already dead, so I doubt they'll really enjoy it. If Chaos win, they can look forward to endless torture and mutation, and if Eldar win, they can rest happy with the knowledge that their dead brethren's souls have been eaten by a god of Chaos. And if Tyranids win, they'll eventually starve, and they don't really have a mind to appreciate 'winning' either.
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 02, 2009, 08:09:18 pm »

Well, if the nids win I assume they'll just wander off to another galaxy.

Also, I don't think the Tau stand a chance of winning, not in terms of numerical advantage...

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 02, 2009, 08:10:19 pm »

I'm going to come out here and say that Elton John would just write some kickass piano/guitar duet and everything would die.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 02, 2009, 08:11:32 pm »

Chaos actually can't win, because the warp is created by the feeling of the creatures in the material world (i think). They're self defeating. 

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 02, 2009, 08:12:49 pm »

Is it bad that I always assumed that all the races will continue fighting each other in 100K?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 02, 2009, 08:18:16 pm »

Ok, we'll put Chaos and Tau on the list as doubly screwed, seconded by the Dark Eldar, who will run out of things to torture if they win.
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 02, 2009, 08:23:20 pm »

The Eldar are dying off, but very slowly.  Without Warp travel, the Tau will be forever confined to their section of space.  Anything the Orks accomplish will crumbling around them; considering they haven't conquered the galaxy after several million years trying, it ain't gonna happen soon.  Abbadon the Sore Loser will continue to lead the forces of Chaos to Pyrric victory after victory, only to retreat back to the Eye anyway.  The Necrons are implacable, but they're not making any more of themselves.  The Tyranids will eventually stall against the varied immovable objects of Chaos, Orks, and the Imperium.  And the Imperium will keep doing it's indecipherable thing, which is amazing that the entire human race hasn't committed suicide yet.

So yeah, nothing ever changes or ever will.  Just get eternally grimmer and darker.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 02, 2009, 08:26:37 pm »

There's also the Enslavers.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 02, 2009, 08:29:57 pm »

They don't have a Codex.  Clearly they are inconsequential to the fate of the galaxy.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 199