Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 170989 times)

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #375 on: September 28, 2009, 01:23:26 am »

Of course it's Smurfs!

They are the "Iconic" Spesh mreens!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 28, 2009, 01:29:33 am »

Goddamn Ultramarines, why couldn't they do a movie about somone interesting, like Chaos or Tau, or awesome, like the Orks.

Especially since i can't help but feel they're going to have to tone down the GRIMDARK to make the Ultramarines 'good guys' instead of 'bad guys that are marginally less bad than the guys they are fighting'. Which will kind of look stupid, especially since the Tau can be made into good guys and not look stupid.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 28, 2009, 01:39:43 am »

Basically, it's about reasonable marines in blue armour?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 28, 2009, 01:46:14 am »

I hope and think they can keep the Marines as GRIMDARK as ever. We'll see, I guess.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 28, 2009, 02:05:32 am »

Goddamn Ultramarines, why couldn't they do a movie about somone interesting, like Chaos or Tau, or awesome, like the Orks.

Especially since i can't help but feel they're going to have to tone down the GRIMDARK to make the Ultramarines 'good guys' instead of 'bad guys that are marginally less bad than the guys they are fighting'. Which will kind of look stupid, especially since the Tau can be made into good guys and not look stupid.
It's a straight to dvd movie, and the only audience that would give a shit about it would lynch them if it's not inanely-yet-still-awesomely GRIMDARK. That said, they're a corporation, thus have a certain fucking-retarded-move quota to fill, so you never know...
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 28, 2009, 02:19:18 am »

My bold prediction on what the movie will look like.

Take the Dawn of War intro video.  Make the marines blue.  Puff it out to 85 minutes.  Star Brian Blessed.

Action open.  Five man (with one woman for no explicable reason) character introduction.  Villain introduction.  Fight scene.  Character development with de facto main character.  Bigger fight scene.  Power of friendship, and the Emperor, and guns.  Valiant ending fight scene.  Wrap.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 28, 2009, 02:21:21 am »

They could save themselves a lot of rage by just directly ripping off Starship Troopers and saying it's about the IG vs Nids.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 28, 2009, 02:25:38 am »

You know what would be awesome? The Ciaphas Cain novels, in movie form.

Ciaphas Cain! HERO OF THE IMPERIUM!

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 28, 2009, 06:06:16 am »

Metal Militia has cancelled enjoy free day on the internet: RAGE ATTACK! X223

Metal Militia has gone into a frenzy!

Metal Militia has been struck down

RIGHT! I feel tons better!

Also if they put a female in a space mariens chapter that is stupid (political correctness can kiss a dead horses *ss) as EVERY space marine book I've ever read have never had a female marine. In fact not even the serfs or sevetors are female.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 28, 2009, 06:11:47 am »

There's nothing actually preventing female or black Space Marines, but there's nothing supporting them either. Any female or ethnic marines would need to be adequately explained, and there just isn't time for that in a movie.

There's certainly no reason why you can't have female Space Marines, but some work is needed to make it so you can.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 28, 2009, 06:20:09 am »

In the Lexicanum, it mentions that there can't be female space marines because "the zygotes are keyed to male hormones and tissue types".
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 28, 2009, 06:27:07 am »

In the Lexicanum, it mentions that there can't be female space marines because "the zygotes are keyed to male hormones and tissue types".

Ah, ninja'd.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 28, 2009, 06:41:49 am »

So all it will take is a bit of experimentation. The Imperium makes up millions of worlds and has been around for thousands of years. The odds that somone, somewhere, accidentally made a female Space Marine are actually pretty high.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 28, 2009, 06:44:33 am »

And odds are he got visited by the Inquisition for his effort.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 28, 2009, 06:53:31 am »

Remember, the ability to make Space Marines is one guarded extremely jealously, not to mention the effort needed to procure a geenseed, something that you can't do without someone noticing, considering the level of surveillance and constant checks. The creation of a Space Marine Chapter without the Imperiums consent would bring the full weight of the Inquisition, not to mention all the Chapters the geenseed is based on, down on you like a ton of rockcrete bricks.

And hellfire missiles.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 199