Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 170744 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #2880 on: April 23, 2011, 10:27:18 pm »

Codices.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: April 23, 2011, 10:34:31 pm »

Well I stand corrected. Anyways, can anyone throw in a good hard limit point wise for a Kill Team Scenario? I think maybe 150-200 but I'm only familiar with the point cost of IG units and even that info is rather dated.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: April 23, 2011, 10:49:46 pm »

Well, I'm probably off on most of those, but Wraith Guard aren't stealthy, which I know isn't the point of Kill Team, but still. I admit I was wrong with the Tyranids, but I still don't like their Elite choices. I said Tau Elites are expensive, not bad. They'd work perfectly for Kill Team, if it weren't for the high point cost. I said low point cost in that post... damn it, I meant point allotment.

Well, in my experience, points aren't hard limits, just general areas. You can go above them, but you shouldn't have 2250pts in a 2000pt game.
Kill Teams seem to have 200 to 250 points, while the other team is probably between 250 and 500.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: April 23, 2011, 11:08:08 pm »

You also failed to mention that Space Marine elites are also extremely expensive. :P Really, all the elite stuff is generally okay, and Tau choices aren't really all that expensive for what you get. So yeah, you are off on most of those. I must admit SM might have a bit of a lead, but the choices really all depend on who's playing them for effectiveness.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: April 23, 2011, 11:43:18 pm »

Well, it does depend on the player. But the Space Marine Elites, at least as I see them, are the best.
And I hate Space Marines.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: April 24, 2011, 12:25:48 am »

Is there any news yet on what the supposedly last 5th edition book gonna be? Still crossing my fingers for a Tau update.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: April 24, 2011, 01:27:24 am »

FUCK TAU
I heard it was going to be Necrons, unless they're doing a codex after dem robuts.

Kivish Zokun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: April 24, 2011, 06:48:24 am »

Two questions:

What is a vassal game?

I Haven't played 40k for a while.. Can someone some up the changes in the 5th edition??

Also I read that Matt Ward (what a dick) is doing the necrons codex..

cheers,

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: April 24, 2011, 06:50:35 am »

Vassal is an online client, but it does not have any rules if i recall correctly.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: April 24, 2011, 11:24:34 am »

Two questions:

What is a vassal game?

I Haven't played 40k for a while.. Can someone some up the changes in the 5th edition??

Also I read that Matt Ward (what a dick) is doing the necrons codex..

cheers,

5th ed changes:
true line of sight
only infantry type troops score (vehicles can contest objective but not claim them w/o passengers)
No more sweeping advances, now it's a straight initiative test to see if you get run down or get away
CC rules reworked to make combats resolve faster
vehicle ramming came back
no more target priority checks
all infantry can run in the shooting phase (the ones with the 'fleet' rule can now assault afterwards)
infantry can go to ground, improving their cover save at the expense of acting next turn
wound allocation got changed
Guess weapons got renamed barrage weapons. You no longer have to guess a range, instead you just place the template and check range.
no more partial hits. If the marer/temple touches the hull or base it gets hit.
smoke launchers now give a cover save rather than degrading to glancing.
Victory points and table quarters got removed the main scenarios. Replaced with kill points (1 per destroyed unit) and more types of objective games.

I may have missed some changes.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: April 24, 2011, 11:29:19 am »

Also changes to vehicle damage rolls; most notably, it's now impossible to destroy a vehicle on a glancing hit.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: April 24, 2011, 12:24:24 pm »

Also changes to vehicle damage rolls; most notably, it's now impossible to destroy a vehicle on a glancing hit.
You can if the vehicle is open topped, or you hit it with an AP 1 weapon.

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: April 24, 2011, 01:31:10 pm »

You can if the vehicle is open topped, or you hit it with an AP 1 weapon.

Which saved my ass more than once last time I fought a Deldar army.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: April 24, 2011, 01:32:15 pm »

haha they are  the only ones that are more frail than us eldar.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: April 24, 2011, 01:39:45 pm »

Personally I would prefer a Tau army, but the point costs for their units are way to high when your facing an ork horde I would prefer more men, and more guns then extra range.
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 199