Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 170883 times)

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #2670 on: December 28, 2010, 02:12:32 am »

Bump, yeah I know, but I need an answer to my question.

So, I've recently aquired $75, and I want to spend it on some orkz.
I want to buy two sets of boyz, and a warbiker mob, and I have some questions about them.

My first question is what, exactly, does the boyz set contain? I know it has ten boyz in it, with weapon choices, but I want to know f it comes with a nob or not, and any other cool stuff it doesn't say on the website.
My second question is what's the advantage of buying the separate sets, as opposed to the battle force? Does the battle force come with the option for nobz, and can I make all of the boyz be slugga boyz or shoota boys, or am I confined to ten of each?

Also, sorry for my spelling mistakes, I'm using my aunt's laptop, which only has internet explorer, and I promised her I wouldn't download anything.
Also also, I still wont be active again until the new year.
Merry grimdarkmas, dorfmas, and every other type of -mas, even if I am a bit late.
EDIT:
I swear to god, most of my posts start new pages.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 02:14:35 am by NewsMuffin »

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: December 28, 2010, 02:20:34 am »

It has whatever it says it has on the site. If it's too vague (I've never actually looked at the Ork list), the last pictures it has should be of the sprues. Look for nob bitz on them or something.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: December 28, 2010, 02:36:48 am »

The pictures on the site don't actully show the sprue. The first picture is a few boyz, and the second one is the box cover, which has a nob on it, but the description of the set doesn't include him.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: December 28, 2010, 05:05:26 am »

Question: If a squad has a majority of models armed with Rapid Fire weapons, but some have Assault weapons, can the models with Assault weapons assault after the squad fires, or are they held back by the rest? If the opposite is true and the squad has an Assault weapon majority with some Rapid Fire armed models, can the ones with Rapid Fire weapons assault after firing?
I'm pretty sure I know the answers, but I just want to check.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: December 28, 2010, 05:21:18 am »

The unit cannot assault if any part of it fired rapidfire weapons, it may assault if it only fired assault or pistol weapons. There might be a few exceptions to that, but only when explicitly stated.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: December 28, 2010, 11:53:44 am »

You don't have to fire the rapid fires guns however.

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: December 28, 2010, 02:13:59 pm »

The pictures on the site don't actully show the sprue. The first picture is a few boyz, and the second one is the box cover, which has a nob on it, but the description of the set doesn't include him.

The set contains 10 boys and 1 nob leader. With lots of added accessories. I've bought an asstonne of them so trust me on this one.
Also if you want to buy 2 sets of boys and a warbiker mob, it'd be better to invest in an Ork Battleforce, since you'd get a Trukk with it for a tiny bit extra.

The battleforce is no different from buying them seperately. You get the exact same sprues that you get in the seperate boxes.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: December 28, 2010, 02:40:06 pm »

So the battleforce includes the nobs? How many? Two, or just one?
Nevermind, I just looked it up, using non retarded search words.
Thanks, I was really frustrated by the way GW put it.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 02:45:05 pm by NewsMuffin »

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: December 28, 2010, 09:32:16 pm »

The unit cannot assault if any part of it fired rapidfire weapons, it may assault if it only fired assault or pistol weapons. There might be a few exceptions to that, but only when explicitly stated.
OK, thanks.

I've also been wondering: What are the point values of the armies in Assault on Black Reach?
I'm going to be using Imperial Guard, but I might need to have another army as well if I want to actually play against someone.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: December 28, 2010, 09:40:23 pm »

I believe that the Orkz are 390 something points, while the UltraSmurfs are between 450 and 500.

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: December 28, 2010, 10:12:01 pm »

Yes, the Black Reach set is mostly geared toward delivering roughly the same number of models rather than conforming to the point value when deciding the contribution of models. If that were the case, then there'd be something like a 3:1 Ork:Smurf ratio. My favourite part of Black Reach is the warboss and the Dethkoptas, and is pretty much the only reason I bought it.

If you really know what you want, then I recommend buying the Battleforce for the army you are interested in. It is the same price as Black Reach, but contains a whole bunch of models that aren't dumbed down and are more point friendly.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: December 28, 2010, 10:52:24 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion. I know exactly what I want for my 500 point army, and if you hadn't said that I probably wouldn't have discovered that the Cadian Battleforce has all but one of the things I want, only one thing that I don't, and costs $64 less than buying everything in it separately, meaning I'd be getting the Sentinel for free and the HWS at a bit over half price.

Speaking of my army, I've got three 500 point lists, only one of which is a serious attempt. First of the non-serious is my "Losing is Fun!" one. It is intended for use on Vassal so I can get the hang of the basic rules, with no expectations of ever winning. It originally had two infantry squads with a Lascannon each, but I realised that Lascannon are a bad investment unless you expect to be fighting vehicles.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'll wait until I've played a few games with this one before posting the other two. What do you think of it?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 10:56:01 pm by Archangel »
My full sig

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: December 29, 2010, 01:41:09 am »

I'd be glad to play against you on Vassal, Archangel.
I can play any time after the beginning of the new year, I'll just have to write up a 500 point list.
I'll be bringing orks, if you accept.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: December 29, 2010, 02:03:31 am »

I'd be glad to play against you on Vassal, Archangel.
I can play any time after the beginning of the new year, I'll just have to write up a 500 point list.
I'll be bringing orks, if you accept.
I don't mind whatever you use, as long as you don't mind the occasional "Am I doing this right?" about 40K rules, and more frequent "How do you do X in Vassal?"s. Times I'm available quoted and added to my sig because I'm rather tired of typing out variations on the following. My timezone is currently effectively GMT+11 because of Damn Bloody Daylight Savings Time.
Timezone: GMT+10
Times available: Saturdays ~9AM onwards, all other days ~5 or 6PM 'til ~9 or 10.
Times available (converted to GMT -5): most Fridays ~5PM onwards, all other days ~1 or 2AM 'til ~5 or 6. Basically, there's only one day I'm likely to be available at a time reasonable to people closer to Greenwich.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 02:06:04 am by Archangel »
My full sig

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: December 29, 2010, 02:32:04 am »

Sure. I think I'm rather good at using Vassal. Also, I think I should be able to answer most of your questions on the rules, and if I can't I have a rulebook on hand. However, sometimes it's just better to act on instinct concerning some things.
And yeah, pretty much any time is good for me.
I think I can do this Friday, the 31st, if you think you can.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 02:36:25 am by NewsMuffin »
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 199