Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 171123 times)

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #2280 on: June 26, 2010, 05:55:50 am »

Gah, I haven't touched my Sisters in at least two months. I need to fix this tomorrow.
I know what you're talking about, but it's still funny if you don't relate it to 40k.
And aren't Sisters virgin nuns anyway?

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: June 26, 2010, 06:07:08 am »

Gah, I haven't touched my Sisters in at least two months. I need to fix this tomorrow.
I know what you're talking about, but it's still funny if you don't relate it to 40k.

I'm pretty sure thinking impure thoughts about a psychic inquisition is a bad idea.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: June 26, 2010, 06:46:35 am »

Just remember to add "of battle" next time.

You perv.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: June 26, 2010, 06:52:06 am »

You guys are always responsible for my desk being covered in my drinks.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: June 26, 2010, 07:09:02 am »

Canonically, no, they just tend to be too psychotic and self-righteous to get laid.

Of course, the only place I've seen that addressed was in Cain's Last Stand, but Black Library books are canon. Including the parts that contradict other canon (which is also still canon). :3
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: June 26, 2010, 10:04:22 am »

I used to play 40k a lot. Got a decent-ish Eldar army. Pretty much gave up after discovering Necromunda, though. I prefer the rules and campaign play of Necro, and I get much more attached to my gangers than I did to my guardians.

Also do a bit of Dark Heresy right now. That's a lot of fun.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: June 26, 2010, 11:05:55 am »

I'm waiting for the 5e of Tau to come out, anyone know if theres an eta on that?

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: June 27, 2010, 07:20:42 am »

Dunno bout the Tau, planning on passing by a workshop later today though, I'll ask.

But reason I'm posting: do they still stock Necro in your area (I assume USA)?
I haven't seen any for years here. (NL)

Been painting lately, did some longfangs and scouts. :) I should have been working on a paper naturally. :/
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: June 27, 2010, 10:52:07 am »

I've got no idea about the Necro, I think theres only one place nearby that sold the figurines and I don't recall seeing any 40k books there.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: June 27, 2010, 11:18:18 am »

The guys at the shop only knew about some forgeworld stuff and battlesuits rumoured to come...I saw a Tau codex book, but did not think to look at the edition. -doh-
in any case it did not have the word 'codex' on the front like the tyranid e5 does.

It was a strange day at the GW store: excluding staff, there were more women than men. And two of them were painting! how odd. ;)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: June 27, 2010, 02:56:23 pm »

Fighting a Eldar player with my necon army soon... 200 P game, 5 objectives, take and hold.

I am betting on 2x Squads of immortals, a lord with veil of darkness (+orb) [In case they break though my throw-away melee troops to keep them in firing line], a lord with a sync, destroyer body and shock field, a squad of flayed ones, a scarbswarm squad (with the lord, so they get shocked for each wound they inflict, each scarb has 3 wounds, so 10x3 30xstr 3 hits back :P... maybe.) and two squads of Destroyers and of course, 2x10 warriors.

Destroyers get some early shots out with there higher range, taking out there HQ choice or whatever else is the most dangerous, immortals try to get hits on the enemy close range fighters, warriors rapid fire them to hell if they close in and scarbs/flayed ones hold back whatever slips though.

My target is to keep him in the shoting game, since noone but tau can beat necrons in the midrange fire exchange.

Though I was told several times eldar vs necrons = fucked crons, i have high hopes.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: June 27, 2010, 06:54:44 pm »

Misunderstood Necron for Necromunda there. -duh-

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: June 27, 2010, 07:04:35 pm »

Ahh necron. You think they're down and out and then they suddenly get cha.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: June 27, 2010, 10:25:54 pm »

I still don't know why I insisted that my first three games be against Necrons.

Go me, still haven't won a single game yet. Feels good, actually. I feel like I'm working my way towards something awesome.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: June 28, 2010, 06:12:36 am »

I have heard from a reliable source that Plastic Grey knights are here, and they look Totally Rad

Now, i'm going to go get me a Proxy so GW's IP team don't come and find me and rape my shit.

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 199