Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 170818 times)

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #135 on: September 14, 2009, 03:16:58 am »

In Ararat?
Yes. The shop is in Ararat.
And if its a Hobby Town you can get a Hobby Card.
10% first purchase, 5% off others.
It's a Toyworld.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 03:14:12 am by Archangel »
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 15, 2009, 07:53:09 am »

Allright... I'll hunt for that shop when I have time.

For now, I'm satisfied with DoWII (Yeah, I just got it)

Oh, so you do live in Jakarta, too! I may earn AUD soon (four months time, perhaps) and given its appreciation against IDR, I may buy a set of armies from Indonesia. Please let me know if the shop still exists and what price they charge on the starting army sets.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 15, 2009, 10:08:59 am »

Alright, alright.

But I don't think I'll get to Taman Anggrek this month... It's really far from where I live (I'm in the South-East, Tebet)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 15, 2009, 10:54:53 pm »

Alright, alright.

But I don't think I'll get to Taman Anggrek this month... It's really far from where I live (I'm in the South-East, Tebet)

Don't worry, take your time. Do you know who you will play with once you get the models? Or you just want to collect them?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 15, 2009, 11:23:03 pm »

Who in god's name buy WH (either kind) models just for collection? They are too ****ing pricey to not play with them.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2009, 12:33:39 am »

Alright, alright.

Don't worry, take your time. Do you know who you will play with once you get the models? Or you just want to collect them?

IDK. Internet-based play perhaps?

But still, WH models are COOL. VERY, VERY COOL.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 16, 2009, 03:28:12 am »

Who in god's name buy WH (either kind) models just for collection? They are too ****ing pricey to not play with them.

I know some who do, since in our country, we barely have people owning them, let alone playing them. It is exactly the same why Jay Leno collect cars and not drive them.

@IndonesiaWarMinister: Yes, the models are very cool! I suck big time at painting them, though.

I was actually asking would you have anyone to play WH40k tabletop game with, not Dawn of War 2.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2009, 03:39:31 am »

Yeah, internet based play.

Using webcam.

IT SHALL BE GLORIOUS. :P

Kidding aside, there ARE people who have WH40K in Indonesia? Really? :O

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 16, 2009, 05:10:22 am »

LOL.

Yes, I know at least one person who bought WH40k models, painted them and put them on display. I also had a Chimera, if that counts.  :P Considering that GW only has one shop in the whole country, only people live in Jakarta or near it are aware about WH and have access to buying the models. Nonetheless, the price tags alone scare a lot of people.

I'm curious about that shop I mentioned to you because if memory serves me right, the shop switched to selling Pokemon cards and the likes. I think that shop is across the shop selling Gundam model kits.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2009, 05:22:05 am »

Well, if I don't get WH, I'll get Gundam, then? :P

And yeah, most people know WH from /tg/ (There are MANY Indonesians who frequent 4chan. I know 'tis the hard way)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 16, 2009, 11:36:00 pm »

My days with Gundams are over, as I like Zoids' designs better. I could get Zoids directly from Japan (cheaper, I think), but I didn't take the chance because I barely have room for them here.  :(

I learned about WH when I was at elementary school. Taman Anggrek was just opened and GW opened a shop there. I went there and they gave us free catalogue. I was mesmerized when I saw all those beautiful little models on the catalogue. Love at first sight, it was.

Too bad it was too expensive and no one else among my friends seemed to be aware of it, so I couldn't get into it as a hobby.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 17, 2009, 01:26:17 am »

Right. I'm finally making a bit of money and I'm willing to burn it. If I'm playing Crimson Fists (definite  about that now) and I just want a balance Space Marine army, what would you suggest? Obviously I already have a fair few ideas from the codex, but what about from the players?

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2009, 01:30:26 am »

To tac squads, Heavy squad/rhino Terminators.

anything else?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 17, 2009, 01:31:25 am »

WANTS ME A LAND RAIDER.

But apparently they cost a bomb. So I'm thinking one rhino, one terminator squad, two tac squads and a captain.

For starters.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 01:33:36 am by Jackrabbit »

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 17, 2009, 03:41:39 am »

I built up in 500pt chunks, now I have a 2000pt elder army (which cost a lot but most of it is from befor they raised the prices a lot)

Who remembers the £2 blister packs?
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 199