Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 171555 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #1110 on: November 28, 2009, 03:35:02 am »

Except for the Squa- *BANG*

Space Dwarves are slowly sneaking back as merc stuff while nobody is looking...

Also, fun fact; in 40k canon the Squats did exist, but were eaten by a Hive Fleet.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: November 28, 2009, 06:08:23 am »

What?! ALL of them? Anyway that is just a lame excuse to make them dissapear in lieu of less fantasy reminiscent aliens.

1) They inhabited many of the heavygravity worlds near the galactic centre (....heavy because of all the gold in the ground I apparently.)
2) Hive fleets came from outside the galaxy, so not very likely to get at the squats in the centre.

I forget how deep they actually came...they did eat the Ultra's homeworld afterall. But comeon, an entire (technologically superior) subspecies living across many worlds?
Anyhow, aren't we expected to reenact battles fought across time, from the crusades (with a bit of armwaving) through hivefleets, ork waaghs, chaos incursions and generic rebellions to whatever new lines GW dreams up such as necrons and tau?
The Squat existed and so we should be able to field them, especially against Tyranid if the extinction myth is to be believed. Some pretty desperately heroic battles are to be expected leading up to their all being dissolved in nutrient baths!

In conclusion: squat were meta-edited out of history, probably because the molds were getting bad and too few people actualy wanted to play them. Maybe even a lobby for short people protested against them, who knows.
Just as crudely they might reappear again at some stage...probably re-imagined like ewoks. ;) 
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: November 28, 2009, 06:16:33 am »

Oh?

Spess mareenz, they get to be Zapped with Lootaz, and then i do some drive-byes on the terminators.
It means that as long as the squad is not using >3 AP weps, SPace marines still get their saves and do not have to worry.
lol
just last week I witnessed a warping in squad of (very unlucky) chaos terminators get decimated by (very lucky) imperial lasgun fire. The general assumption was that they somehow left their armour in warpspace after losing one of their member to it.
Next firing phase the imp regiment was all but destroyed by a single heavy flamer round, by the way.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: November 28, 2009, 07:29:05 am »

What?! ALL of them? Anyway that is just a lame excuse to make them dissapear in lieu of less fantasy reminiscent aliens.

Hive Fleet Biiiiig.

1) They inhabited many of the heavygravity worlds near the galactic centre (....heavy because of all the gold in the ground I apparently.)
2) Hive fleets came from outside the galaxy, so not very likely to get at the squats in the centre.

At least 2 Hive Fleets have come from way outside the galactic plane, i think Behemoth (or was it Kraken?) actually came in at nearly a right angle to the galactic plane.

Space is 3D remember, you know there's that third dimension called 'height' that lets you do crazy things like get to the middle of a flat disc without going across the edges first?

And considering that the Tyranids want to basically eat planets and biomass, you would have thought they'd go straight to the location with the highest density of planets and biomass, which area has the highest density of planets (and therefore biomass) Areyar? Oh, right, the Galactic Center, of course.

I forget how deep they actually came...they did eat the Ultra's homeworld afterall. But comeon, an entire (technologically superior) subspecies living across many worlds?
Anyhow, aren't we expected to reenact battles fought across time, from the crusades (with a bit of armwaving) through hivefleets, ork waaghs, chaos incursions and generic rebellions to whatever new lines GW dreams up such as necrons and tau?
The Squat existed and so we should be able to field them, especially against Tyranid if the extinction myth is to be believed. Some pretty desperately heroic battles are to be expected leading up to their all being dissolved in nutrient baths!

You can field them if you can find a rulebook for them. But considering the Squats were outnumbered about a billion to one, i don't imagine the fight was really all that impressive. A Tyranid Hive Fleet damn near ate the Ultramarines homeworld; we're talking the Space Marines here, an entire chapter of GW's fanwank material nearly got wiped out by a Hive Fleet, and the Ultramarines suffers irrepairable losses from that attack; the Hive Fleet? It got away. In a century or so it will be right back up to full operational strength again.

The Ultramarines suffers irrepairable damage, to slow the Tyranids down. The Space Marines, The Emprah's finest, the bestest best buddies of GW, only just managed to slow down a single Hive Fleet.

If the Tyranids can assrape the Space Marines (the most favoritist race) a new butthole, what chance did the Squats; a race that no-one in GW really liked and nobody could really decide a theme for, have against them?

Sweet. Fuck. All.

In conclusion: squat were meta-edited out of history, probably because the molds were getting bad and too few people actualy wanted to play them. Maybe even a lobby for short people protested against them, who knows.
Just as crudely they might reappear again at some stage...probably re-imagined like ewoks. ;) 

Actually; they were removed because the guys in GW couldn't decide on a common underlying theme for the Squats, they were entirely incohesive and a bit of a mess; no-one really liked them and they felt alot like a sort of dwarf rip-off of the IG. So they got canned.

I hear space dwarves have started showing up in merc armies and white dwarf material though; so we might be seeing somewhat of a return, although as the name 'Squat' is banned from being uttered within 50 kilometers of any GW staff member i doubt we'll be seeing the name again.

just last week I witnessed a warping in squad of (very unlucky) chaos terminators get decimated by (very lucky) imperial lasgun fire. The general assumption was that they somehow left their armour in warpspace after losing one of their member to it.

This is actually plausible.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: November 28, 2009, 07:50:39 am »

Y'know those shitty pictures of the shittily painted ork things i posted?

I've fixed them, i'll be sending in the first of Da Ladz soon for your approval.

He's slightly converted too.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: November 28, 2009, 09:41:08 am »

I hear space dwarves have started showing up in merc armies and white dwarf material though; so we might be seeing somewhat of a return, although as the name 'Squat' is banned from being uttered within 50 kilometers of any GW staff member i doubt we'll be seeing the name again.

Nah, that won't set anyone off. At least, not as much as the name Illiyan Nastase.
!!&!!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: November 28, 2009, 10:30:42 am »

If Gee Dub wills it...well, you know the rest. Look at the Hrud!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: November 28, 2009, 10:56:13 am »

The Ultramarines suffers irrepairable damage, to slow the Tyranids down. The Space Marines, The Emprah's finest, the bestest best buddies of GW, only just managed to slow down a single Hive Fleet.

If the Tyranids can assrape the Space Marines (the most favoritist race) a new butthole, what chance did the Squats; a race that no-one in GW really liked and nobody could really decide a theme for, have against them?

Sweet. Fuck. All.

To be fair, there's less than a million (loyal) Marines in the whole galaxy, so I think it's a sign of how much GW loves the damn Marines that they didn't get completely devoured in one engagement.  The Squats (and Zoats and other forgotten relics of Rogue Trader) may have been demolished, but they're not the Imperium.  By comparison, the Tau are smack in Leviathan's sights, and the other hivefleet was directed into Ork-held space.  The Tau and the Arch-Arsonist haven't been eaten yet have they?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: November 28, 2009, 11:07:23 am »

The Tau are likely sending in peace feelers and giving tribute to the Tyranids.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: November 28, 2009, 11:25:47 am »

The Tau are likely sending in peace feelers and giving tribute to the Tyranids.

Tau Genestealer cults... I wonder if any of the few cults that actually managed to take over Imperium worlds lived long enough to run into get run into by one of the hive fleets. I can just imagine this long line of hybrids, slowly and solemnly walking into the acid pits...

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: November 28, 2009, 01:44:39 pm »

More news on the front of ridiculous yet awesome armies.
After my friend decided to tone down the emo-aspects of the Lightning cryers. (Don't ask how he did that with that name.) We thought up a new concept that we would appreciate ideas for: Soviet weeaboo space commies Tau. Including stolen imperial gear like red railgun banebaldes covered in hammer-and-sicles.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: November 28, 2009, 02:53:12 pm »

That's totally Cannon. You just need a couple of gue'vesa squads fielded as well to make it legit.
!!&!!

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: November 28, 2009, 03:05:07 pm »

That's totally Cannon. You just need a couple of gue'vesa squads fielded as well to make it legit.
Including painting everything red and adding little yellow hammer-and-sicles to EVERYTHING?
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: November 28, 2009, 04:40:00 pm »

Sounds like my nightbringer cult basilisk, well, kind of nightbringery wreck. The barrel fell off so i painted it black and stuck a monolith crystal in the crater. It still counts as a basilisk because vampiric energy rays totally function the same way as HE shells.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: November 28, 2009, 05:02:45 pm »

Sounds like my nightbringer cult basilisk, well, kind of nightbringery wreck. The barrel fell off so i painted it black and stuck a monolith crystal in the crater. It still counts as a basilisk because vampiric energy rays totally function the same way as HE shells.
That is both heretical and awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 199