Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 171600 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #1035 on: November 10, 2009, 04:34:23 am »

You can only dissipate heat so fast; if you shine enough laser pointers onto a spesh mureehn, eventually it will melt.

You just need a fuckload of laser pointers.

(I feel i should also add that a lasgun will blow the limbs off an unarmoured human, so it's not weak, it's just weak compared to the shit other people are toting.)

Also, Tanks.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 10, 2009, 04:45:37 am »

Yeah, I figured. I guess it's like Chinese water torture, only with lazers that can blow peoples limbs off.

Man, the Chinese were pussies.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: November 10, 2009, 02:45:31 pm »

STABSHTOMPA'Z JERNAL.  TEHDAY:

SQUIG KARKAZZ IN ALLEY DIS MORNIN, WARTRUKK TREDD ON BURSTED STUMAKK!  DESE HUMIES IS AFRAID'A ME CUZ I SEEN DERE TRUE FACE!  DESE STREETZ IS EXTENDAMAKATED GUTTAZ AND DA GUTTAZ IS FULL'A BLUD AND WHEN DA DRAINZ GET ALL SKABBY ALL DA HUMIES'LL GET KRUMPED.  ALL DA FILTH O'DERE DANGLY GUBBINS AND DERE KRUMPIN'LL FOAM UP ALL ABOUTZ DERE WAISTS AND ALL DA GROTZ AND NOBZ'LL LOOK UP AND YELL 'ELP

'N I'LL LUKK DOWN AND WISPA, "WAAAGH!"

DEY HAD A CHOICE, ALL'A'DEM.  DEY KOULDA FOLLOWED GOOD ORKZ LIKE MAH FATHA OR WARBOSS GORGUTZ.  GOOD ORKZ WHO KRUMPED UMIEZ AND GOT TEEF.  BUT INSTEDD DEY FOLLOWED DA DROPPINS'A DARK ELDAR BOYZ AND TAU BOYZ AND DEY DIDN'T REALIZE DA TRAIL LED OFF A CLIFF TIL IT WAS TOO LATE.  DON'T TELL ME DEY DIDN'T HAVEZ A CHOICE.

NOW DA WHOLE PLANET'S ON DA BRINK, STARIN' DOWN AT DA WAAAGH!, ALL DOSE ELDAR AND UMIES AND SMOOV TALKAS 'N ALL DA SUDDEN NOBODY CAN FINK'A ANYTHIN TO SAY.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 02:51:46 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: November 10, 2009, 02:55:51 pm »

STABSHTOMPA'Z JERNAL.  TEHDAY:

SQUIG KARKAZZ IN ALLEY DIS MORNIN, WARTRUKK TREDD ON BURSTED STUMAKK!  DESE HUMIES IS AFRAID'A ME CUZ I SEEN DERE TRUE FACE!  DESE STREETZ IS EXTENDAMAKATED GUTTAZ AND DA GUTTAZ IS FULL'A BLUD AND WHEN DA DRAINZ GET ALL SKABBY ALL DA HUMIES'LL GET KRUMPED.  ALL DA FILTH O'DERE DANGLY GUBBINS AND DERE KRUMPIN'LL FOAM UP ALL ABOUTZ DERE WAISTS AND ALL DA GROTZ AND NOBZ'LL LOOK UP AND YELL 'ELP

'N I'LL LUKK DOWN AND WISPA, "WAAAGH!"

DEY HAD A CHOICE, ALL'A'DEM.  DEY KOULDA FOLLOWED GOOD ORKZ LIKE MAH FATHA OR WARBOSS GORGUTZ.  GOOD ORKZ WHO KRUMPED UMIEZ AND GOT TEEF.  BUT INSTEDD DEY FOLLOWED DA DROPPINS'A DARK ELDAR BOYZ AND TAU BOYZ AND DEY DIDN'T REALIZE DA TRAIL LED OFF A CLIFF TIL IT WAS TOO LATE.  DON'T TELL ME DEY DIDN'T HAVEZ A CHOICE.

NOW DA WHOLE PLANET'S ON DA BRINK, STARIN' DOWN AT DA WAAAGH!, ALL DOSE ELDAR AND UMIES AND SMOOV TALKAS 'N ALL DA SUDDEN NOBODY CAN FINK'A ANYTHIN TO SAY.

That is beautiful. Now add a chaos god in the role of Dr. Manhattan.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: November 10, 2009, 05:45:36 pm »

I applaud to you, good sir.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: November 10, 2009, 05:50:00 pm »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: November 10, 2009, 06:52:06 pm »

Is that what I think it is?

▼♥ Jakkarra.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 07:21:17 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: November 10, 2009, 06:56:43 pm »

Yes, Zchris, Its a Scooby-Doo reference.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: November 23, 2009, 02:27:10 pm »

I am going to revive this topic.
Today, me and a friiend of mine (Who plays actual 40k, Tzeentch Chaos marines.) were discussing his plans for his new custom army. Here's what we ended up on:
The Lightning Cryers (AKA Emo Marines.)
Features:
-Black/silver colour scheme with bits of yellow here and there, little red lines on wrists. Little lightning bolts under eyes.
-A large ring with a symbol of a smiley face crying lightning bolts, to be forcibly joined with the faces of imperials/eldar/pansies/other chaos marines/tanks/etc. (For power fists)
-Liberal application of tentacles on the head to create an emo hairstyle.
-The only reason they don't commit suicide is that they are convinced their enemies have to go first.
-More stuff, this is still a WIP concept.

Thoughts? Suggestions? We're going for something in the direction of hilariously pathetic.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: November 23, 2009, 04:28:59 pm »

Sounds good, it should be golden.

Additionally, My school's wargaming club is now running a Campaign!

We are using revised 2nd edition rules, as sir dislikes the new ones, and the current runners are:

Sir, Blood axes with Human mercenaries.

Phil, Chaos Deamons, his 1000 point list contains but 18 models including two greater Deamons.

Me, With GlitzNaga's Plunduruz, Bad Moons, Dakka orkz.

This Kid, Daniel, with his Cadians. he will get thouroughly Trounced.

Possibly some others.

The story goes that we all got stranded on a planet, due to warp storms, with phil's deamons rising from the earth of this beautiful Steppes planet, along with a hive world close by, that i'm sure we will get to plunder.

Sir is a veteran wargamer, and an amazing conversionist, so i'll get some photos of his in-progress army, which includes a brilliant command land raider for his Imp Guard, complete with a kitchen and Command chair that swivels and raises on a telescopic pole.

Seriously, he is Mad.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: November 23, 2009, 05:35:40 pm »

Sounds good, it should be golden.

Additionally, My school's wargaming club is now running a Campaign!

We are using revised 2nd edition rules, as sir dislikes the new ones, and the current runners are:

Sir, Blood axes with Human mercenaries.

Phil, Chaos Deamons, his 1000 point list contains but 18 models including two greater Deamons.

Me, With GlitzNaga's Plunduruz, Bad Moons, Dakka orkz.

This Kid, Daniel, with his Cadians. he will get thouroughly Trounced.

Possibly some others.

The story goes that we all got stranded on a planet, due to warp storms, with phil's deamons rising from the earth of this beautiful Steppes planet, along with a hive world close by, that i'm sure we will get to plunder.

Sir is a veteran wargamer, and an amazing conversionist, so i'll get some photos of his in-progress army, which includes a brilliant command land raider for his Imp Guard, complete with a kitchen and Command chair that swivels and raises on a telescopic pole.

Seriously, he is Mad.
Well maybe Sir should learn that 5th edition is best IMO

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 23, 2009, 05:44:11 pm »

Nah, second edition is more flexible, and he's re-writing a lot of it to encorporate fifth edition things.

It's going to be fun, everything wargamey with Sir always is. oh, and it's going to be fun killing Phil'd deamons, i found from him that what their tactic is;

They deepstrike next to a unit, and then shred it, but this means they are out in the open, as he mentioned they get chewed out with shooting, and therefore my lovely lootas squads will decimate them.

I might have trouble with the whole, two greater deamons thing, Bloodletter and a changer of ways.

Hmm...

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: November 23, 2009, 05:50:25 pm »

Nah, second edition is more flexible, and he's re-writing a lot of it to encorporate fifth edition things.

It's going to be fun, everything wargamey with Sir always is. oh, and it's going to be fun killing Phil'd deamons, i found from him that what their tactic is;

They deepstrike next to a unit, and then shred it, but this means they are out in the open, as he mentioned they get chewed out with shooting, and therefore my lovely lootas squads will decimate them.

I might have trouble with the whole, two greater deamons thing, Bloodletter and a changer of ways.

Hmm...
Zapp Cannons or Lootas.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: November 23, 2009, 05:54:45 pm »

Lootaz all the way. I'm not an idiot, and i've almost finished my squad of Trukkaz.

:P

Oh, and my trukkz can carry as many models as that fit. Awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 199