Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Question on the inclusion of pitchblende  (Read 2384 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Question on the inclusion of pitchblende
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007, 03:38:00 pm »

Spreading knowledge as part of the world generation and legends? Things would have to get invented and found out before they would be used. More uses for moods and alchemists.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 02:10:00 am »

That's Bloat27.  Kind of has to be squared with the whole world creation thing.  There's often weird paths sort of down and then back up or all kinds of whatever, but if it just had a list of various moddable knowledge and consequences, I imagine it would all work pretty well.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 03:58:00 pm »

quote:
Thanks for that witty and predictable response.

Ah, damn. Sorry... I should have actually stated what I meant: This game takes place in a randomly generated world completely different from ours (except for the awesome realistic geography) with creatures that we don't have. So, why compare it to ours? Dwarves can already create elaborate and deadly traps with a few rocks. They are ingenious creatures, clearly more than humans. While I do believe we should draw the line somewhere, it seems fair to allow them to make yellow glass.

Pages: 1 [2]