Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: The meaning of suicide...  (Read 11626 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The meaning of suicide...
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2009, 06:43:49 pm »

Not really.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2009, 06:44:47 pm »

Not really.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2009, 06:46:18 pm »

You guys are so negative, you dont always have to look at depression as a bad thing.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2009, 06:51:23 pm »

By definition it's a bad thing.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2009, 06:58:13 pm »

By definition pain is also a bad thing, but you cant gain without pain.

So I would say "no depression, no life lesson"

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2009, 07:00:23 pm »

I don't think you understand...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2009, 07:09:57 pm »

You're aware that Depression is a serious condition right? Depression is not something that builds moral fiber. It tears you down, chews you up and spits you out. Don't treat it lightly.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2009, 07:33:58 pm »

You're aware that Depression is a serious condition right? Depression is not something that builds moral fiber. It tears you down, chews you up and spits you out. Don't treat it lightly.
Hey, your the only one who can decide that.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 07:35:45 pm by cowofdoom78963 »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2009, 07:46:23 pm »

Depression is a common mental disorder that presents with depressed mood, loss of interest or pleasure, feelings of guilt or low self-worth, disturbed sleep or appetite, low energy, and poor concentration. These problems can become chronic or recurrent and lead to substantial impairments in an individual's ability to take care of his or her everyday responsibilities. At its worst, depression can lead to suicide, a tragic fatality associated with the loss of about 850 000 thousand lives every year.

I do want to make it clear I'm not angry in any way, nor do I mean to insult you, merely correct you. Please, don't take this as an insult. It's not, I promise.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2009, 08:05:05 pm »

Depression is a common mental disorder that presents with depressed mood, loss of interest or pleasure, feelings of guilt or low self-worth, disturbed sleep or appetite, low energy, and poor concentration. These problems can become chronic or recurrent and lead to substantial impairments in an individual's ability to take care of his or her everyday responsibilities. At its worst, depression can lead to suicide, a tragic fatality associated with the loss of about 850 000 thousand lives every year.

I do want to make it clear I'm not angry in any way, nor do I mean to insult you, merely correct you. Please, don't take this as an insult. It's not, I promise.
I dont.

Anyway pain isent fun either, and can also lead to suicide or death, but we all go through with it so we can gain.

I believe the logic here is pretty simple Jack.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2009, 08:06:20 pm »

Yep.  If you're depressed you will get great rewards later.

Heh.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2009, 08:08:59 pm »

C'mon now, Hippoman, you'll be okay. Persevere! If you're considering suicide, let me just say it won't help. It's the easy way out and, once again, it's a permanent solution to what will always be a temporary problem. Things won't be this way forever. Sure, they might change to something worse, but that won't be that way forever either.

It's all gonna be alright.

Now theres a load of bullshit i hear from everyone.

I am not soo suicidal that I'd actually kill myself today, plus if I did, I'd either do it on tv or kill others.

But going beyond that, its worse to live in this world then not live at all.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2009, 08:28:41 pm »

But going beyond that, its worse to live in this world then not live at all.
Whats your point?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 16, 2009, 08:46:35 pm »

Anyway pain isent fun either, and can also lead to suicide or death, but we all go through with it so we can gain.

I believe the logic here is pretty simple Jack.

I think it's actually rather complex. No pain, no gain is, to me, a rather archaic phrase. The assumption that surviving pain makes you stronger strikes me as a pretty odd way of thinking. Things like disability, scarring and (in the case of, for example, depression) emotional scarring are not good things that all result from pain, both emotional and physical. Just because you've survived some sort of pain doesn't really mean you've gained, in any way. If anything, you've probably gotten worse, in the sense that you're now probably quite emotionally (and physically) scarred from said pain.

As for Hippoman, claiming that you'd (under some circumstances that you haven't defined) kill yourself on tv or kill others doesn't really make me want to continue to discuss this with you. If I honestly can't convince you life's worth living, I guess that's your problem, not mine. It's a bugger, and I'm a bit sad about that, but life's like that.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 16, 2009, 09:08:37 pm »

Does this strike anyone else as a pointless discussion in which neither side will ever convince the other?

Oh, right. Internet.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11