Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: The meaning of suicide...  (Read 11622 times)

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
Re: The meaning of suicide...
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2009, 05:57:29 am »

Because the Pope is Emperor Palpatine.
Oh God!  I've been suspecting that since he got appointed.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2009, 05:29:27 pm »

His hat contains the sacred booze, which can make a man invincible! (Or at east make him believe that he is)
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2009, 09:54:47 pm »

It would seem as though this thread has aged like bread... :-\

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2009, 10:42:34 pm »

Back on topic...

I find it comforting that I can potentially kill myself at any time.  It makes life's annoyances that much more bearable, the fact that I can simply opt out whenever I want to, really.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2009, 05:57:44 am »

well... then you're more confortable with free will than with the potential of suicide, right?  ???

btw, this thread should totally kill itself before it becomes boring...
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2009, 09:37:09 pm »

This thread cannot self terminate. You have to do it.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 11, 2009, 09:49:50 pm »

Suicide, in a particularly spectacular manner, is one of those things I always wonder about.  Namely, I wonder how people would react if I did something absolutely insane.  Something that would completely catch them off guard, like the aforementioned spectacularly gory suicide.  I'll be riding in the car with my friends, and I'll wonder what they would do if I suddenly just went "Alright, see you guys", and jumped out of the car just as a semi truck went by in the opposite direction.  I also wondered once what people would do if someone suddenly fell up, straight up into the sky.  It keeps me occupied, but people give me funny looks when I giggle for no apparent reason.
Shoes...

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2009, 02:51:03 pm »

It seems this thread went a little off-topic but I think everything was said already in the first pages.

I have been deeply depressed several times myself and had serious suicide thoughts too... You would never understand what such a person feels if you haven't experienced it yourself. But I do not wish such experience to anyone, it even hurts to remind it.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2009, 05:31:11 pm »

-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 05:06:57 pm by Stany »

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2009, 05:41:10 pm »

Prior to a recent event in my life that was both extremely distressing and unbelievably saddening, my mind cast its infinite thinking power to the workings of someone who wants to commit suicide. It can be a cry for help when you have no voice left, it can be a life line that saves you in the long run, or it could be the end of it all. Who knows?

My question is, what drives someone to give their life up like this? I have serious problems trying to understand it from their point of view. I try to emphathise but quite frankly I can't. It sucks, cause this person really needs to feel cared for, and i feel as if I can't because I havn't experianced it.  Any advice?

This topic is suppoesed to stay in the utmost seriousness, so please no derailing.

For me, how the world is going to shit. How everything is run by money and no one can share or be nice.

I am a communist also for this reason. But that is of no imporatnace right now.

Its also the fact that the boredom gets me. Soo much boredom. it runs my life. Then the fact that im partially insane. Going blind, have no skills, the sound of nothing, and the ever looming fact that all is bad.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2009, 05:42:27 pm »

I have been deeply depressed several times myself and had serious suicide thoughts too... You would never understand what such a person feels if you haven't experienced it yourself. But I do not wish such experience to anyone, it even hurts to remind it.
Well you know what they say: "No pain, no gain."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2009, 06:31:13 pm »

C'mon now, Hippoman, you'll be okay. Persevere! If you're considering suicide, let me just say it won't help. It's the easy way out and, once again, it's a permanent solution to what will always be a temporary problem. Things won't be this way forever. Sure, they might change to something worse, but that won't be that way forever either.

It's all gonna be alright.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2009, 06:39:03 pm »

I believe that phrase refers to weightlifting, not depression CoD.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2009, 06:41:00 pm »

In terms of suicide, the correct saying is "pain, no gain".

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2009, 06:43:07 pm »

I believe that phrase refers to weightlifting, not depression CoD.
Depression is weightlifting of the mind.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11