Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: The meaning of suicide...  (Read 11647 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: The meaning of suicide...
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2009, 06:36:11 pm »

ToonyMan!  Broose!  Bad dogs!  No quote pyramids in the suicide thread!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2009, 06:37:12 pm »

Yes, especially stop quoting the GIANT BLOCK OF TEXT.

And Broose, yes, I have an answer.  Helping other people makes me happy because I feel good about myself and I like being appreciated.  There.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2009, 06:39:26 pm »

Good lord Broose, really?

I have to agree with Toony and Aqizzar here.

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2009, 06:41:17 pm »

Yes, especially stop quoting the GIANT BLOCK OF TEXT.

And Broose, yes, I have an answer.  Helping other people makes me happy because I feel good about myself and I like being appreciated.  There.

There you go, then. If helping people made me happy, then I WOULD help society, but it doesn't. I just don't understand people who do things that don't positively affect them at all.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2009, 06:42:34 pm »

Well, helping people can have positive effects on everyone as a whole, both the person helped and the helper.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 06:45:37 pm by Jackrabbit »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2009, 06:44:19 pm »

YES!  If everyone was cooperative then we could have a much better world.  Wars and violence helps NO ONE.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2009, 06:45:25 pm »

Greed and self serving help no one except the person himself, and not for that long, either. You can't expect others to take it lying down if you don't help them because you don't think it'll make you happy or help you.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2009, 06:47:59 pm »

I understand your plight Toony, you want to really do your best, but you feel it's not rewarding because there are lots of people who slack off that still manage to succeed, and the world bends to their whims while ignoring the ones that work the hardest. Do I have that right?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2009, 06:51:36 pm »

Oh, I know the feeling. Just work harder. I know that sounds stupid but if you do your best you'll go far. Sure, others might just cruise along, but you really strived to get where you want to be (or you will/might) and that in and of itself is a good thing.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2009, 06:52:43 pm »

I understand your plight Toony, you want to really do your best, but you feel it's not rewarding because there are lots of people who slack off that still manage to succeed, and the world bends to their whims while ignoring the ones that work the hardest. Do I have that right?

Correct.

Oh, I know the feeling. Just work harder. I know that sounds stupid but if you do your best you'll go far. Sure, others might just cruise along, but you really strived to get where you want to be (or you will/might) and that in and of itself is a good thing.

Everyone tells me that.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2009, 06:55:35 pm »

Well, it's because it's true. People might look down on you from places that they didn't work to get to, but screw them. Don't expect the world on a plate. That's a one in a million possibility that these smug gits managed to win, like lotto. Just get to where you want to be, and worry about you.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2009, 06:56:19 pm »

Toony, lemme tell you the most important thing to remember about High School, which they will never ever tell you-

It bears absolutely no semblance to the real world.  Neither the 1950's version of socialization the teaching methods are supposed to reinforce, or the prison-colony ad-hoc socialization that actually develops, or the utter indifference towards effort and interest.  College will be different, the job world even more so, and especially the vapidity and asshattery you have to take from other people now will disappear the instant you graduate.  We've all been there, and I promise it gets better.

(Regarding college in particular, it sounds like you don't have a lot of money to pay for it - there are certainly grants and scholarships for people willing to work as hard as you.  Though I never earned any, so you'll have to talk to someone else.  But there are always good options.)
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2009, 06:57:48 pm »

Actually, I've not reached that yet (high school is known as college in Aus) but that's comforting to know.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2009, 06:59:01 pm »

Yeah, I'm taking the SAT this year and it's looking good so far.  I almost scored a perfect in the PSAT.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2009, 07:00:01 pm »

What are these acronyms Americans keep flaunting around?!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11