Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Any good freeware games  (Read 5917 times)

Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Does anyone else hear the voices?
    • View Profile
Re: Any good freeware games
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2009, 08:42:54 am »

Try Dyson, dude... its so Indy

Skibiliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2009, 03:41:47 pm »

Elona is... well, it's difficult to explain, but it's a semi-roguelike with nonlinear gameplay.
Seconded elona, it's good.
GENERATION 10:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2009, 04:04:50 pm »

Battleships forever - Select from an assortment of ships made form sections that be individually destroyed and with an array or turrets, and fight in the campaign against ships with different sections and turrets. Very nice game needs updates.

Gang garrison 2 - A remake of Team Fortress 2. Would be awsome if not for the lag.

The now free Daggerfall - Requires Dosbox but was top of the line at its time. Will give you hours of entertainment.

Uber dwarf2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • Please stop reading this, I will be banned if yo-
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2009, 11:05:48 pm »

Thanks guys , I've been trying out a few games and I was wondering if there were any more freeware/abandonware games like Dwarf fortress, Open TTD, and  things were you have to build yourself somekind of base or empire

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2009, 11:19:29 pm »

FreeOrion (MoO clone)
FreeCiv (Civ clone)
FreeCol (Colonization clone)
I'm sure there's a bunch of others. I've got all of these installed at the moment.

Uber dwarf2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2009, 12:40:27 pm »

FreeOrion (MoO clone)
FreeCiv (Civ clone)
FreeCol (Colonization clone)
I'm sure there's a bunch of others. I've got all of these installed at the moment.

Thank you those were extremely good games, do you have anything like dungeon keeper though?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2009, 04:13:02 pm »

Earth and Beyond Emulator. This was a short-lived space MMO that's been made free and resurrected by modders. Presently in beta stress test. I can't get the goddamn email validation to work, though.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Uber dwarf2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2009, 08:05:19 pm »

Anyone else have anymore?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2009, 08:10:09 pm »

You know, I almost posted a link to the dwarf fortress page. Then I remembered where I am.

Anyway

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_freeware_games
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Uber dwarf2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2009, 09:27:25 pm »

You know, I almost posted a link to the dwarf fortress page. Then I remembered where I am.

Anyway

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_freeware_games

I check'd that once , it didn't really contain much

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2009, 10:11:03 pm »

lol, "fl0w is a flash game." That's the worst description of anything since "This is a fine rendition of an engraving of cheese."

Earth and Beyond has an emulator in open beta. I haven't managed to connect to the server though.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2009, 01:31:07 am »

I don't understand why people like Flow so much. In its flashgame form it can be lullingly boring and take forever to do the simplest of actions. Including the fact that they don't tell you if you missed something.

Really your better off not playing Fl0w!!! It is a Flash game where you fall inlove with the concept but not the gameplay (or maybe the first five minutes of gameplay... I could imagine people just playing the first five minutes everytime)

Cave Story (if it hasn't been said) is a nice game with very high quality
N is a good game, I used to like it a lot but that was when I used to be VERY good at it.

Hmmm, there used to be other games I used to play a lot. I can never remember them.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2009, 07:41:22 am »

In its flashgame form it can be lullingly boring and take forever to do the simplest of actions.
You do realize you could speed up by holding the left mouse button? Unless you didn't do that, there's really nothing slow nor anything simple taking forever in that game.

Also, since we're already at flash games, Dino Run.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2009, 09:30:51 am »

I'm going to second Knytt Stories and add Within a Deep Forest, kind of a sister game as it's similar-but-different and takes place partly in the same world, kinda.  It's worth noting that these two games are little run-in-a-window things and thus are VERY easy to multitask, there's no time limits and often there's nothing on the screen that's about to kill you so they are very low-stress (though sometimes have difficult parts).

Seiklus is kinda fun if you liked Knytt Stories and want something else explorey.

Ur-Quan Masters is fullscreen and a big time investment but only needs the computational resources of about ten years ago.

Spelunky is better described as a roguelike platformer, it's awesome and you will die a lot.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2009, 11:17:18 am »

Ur-Quan Masters is fullscreen and a big time investment but only needs the computational resources of about ten years ago.
There is an option if you want it fullscreen or windowed.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4