Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25

Author Topic: Plump Helmet: Innocent name or Phal*ic menace?  (Read 27614 times)

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
Re: Plump Helmet: Innocent name or Phal*ic menace?
« Reply #225 on: September 19, 2009, 10:37:36 pm »

You think it's dirty that there's a mushroom called Phallus stinkhorn?
There is a species of pre-human primate, scientific name Homo erectus:-X
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 19, 2009, 10:51:09 pm »

Tack, you may wish to watch it. This is the internet, there is no such thing as free speech here. Toady reserves the right to ban you should he think you'd be a troublemaker. Quite frankly he has the right to ban you for no reason at all, should he wish. So don't even joke about that.

Oh tut, jackrabbit. The internet, there is the free-est speech around. Mostly caused by anonymity... However, I will heed the advice, and offer one of those, I don't really wanna but i suppose i was out of line and all that, apologies to man-child.

Actually, Forums are Dictatorships.

Forums are (with exception to 4chan). However, the internet itself, is either the most ruinous democracy, or the most perfect anarchy.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 20, 2009, 01:18:58 am »

Tack, you may wish to watch it. This is the internet, there is no such thing as free speech here. Toady reserves the right to ban you should he think you'd be a troublemaker. Quite frankly he has the right to ban you for no reason at all, should he wish. So don't even joke about that.

Oh tut, jackrabbit. The internet, there is the free-est speech around. Mostly caused by anonymity... However, I will heed the advice, and offer one of those, I don't really wanna but i suppose i was out of line and all that, apologies to man-child.

Forums are (with exception to 4chan). However, the internet itself, is either the most ruinous democracy, or the most perfect anarchy.

Anarchy; no-one is in charge.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 20, 2009, 02:22:58 am »

Anarchy; no-one is in charge.

That's pretty much my point...
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 20, 2009, 02:26:39 am »

But many people have control over many other people, in the form of threats of warnings and bans.

I'm just glad ours is a benevolent dictator. All hail Toad!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 20, 2009, 02:36:25 am »

But many people have control over many other people, in the form of threats of warnings and bans.

I'm just glad ours is a benevolent dictator. All hail Toad!

The internet as a whole is an Anarchy, but specific parts are almost always Dictatorships.

It's basically an Anarchy made up of Dictatorships.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 20, 2009, 02:52:10 am »

and oligarchies... don't forget the oligarchies!

Manchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 20, 2009, 03:58:00 am »

im an american

... Yeah, that explains it all.

Did I mention I'm racist?

I take no offense.... almost all americans are racist anyway....

Hell, even us americans dont like other americans..... there is a reason why the USA is the country with one of the highest rates of crime, road rage, and internet trolls....

i think it has something to do with the amount of expendable income...

isnt that name pronounced ee-cum because of the funny looking i? i dont remember what the different accents on letters do...

i didnt find that all that funny. and i have a awesome sense of humor....
There are two types of Christians:
Those that believe in God,

And those that suffer from retardation.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 20, 2009, 04:08:40 am »

and oligarchies... don't forget the oligarchies!

I suppose if you had multiple site admins then you'd have an oligarchy. But you don't see that very often, in fact i've never seen it at all.

Manchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 20, 2009, 04:22:17 am »

i have... it was how my old schools gamer club internet site was setup, the two founders of the club were joint Admins... tho only one of them regularly patrolled it.... i was a moderator and co-president of the club and eventually was charged with keeping the site up and running the club for the next year.... unfortunately the club collapsed after the co-founders graduated that year.

good times. good times....
There are two types of Christians:
Those that believe in God,

And those that suffer from retardation.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 20, 2009, 04:31:08 am »

The thing is though; you'd need joint ownership of the site as well (as in the fees required to keep it), otherwise whoever owns the account is technically the one in charge.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 20, 2009, 05:08:03 am »

with many modern internet games, the creator hands it over to a variety of admins and leaves, only bothering to earn the money and pay the bandwidth. Therefore, oligarchy.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 20, 2009, 05:10:20 am »

At any time the creator may cease to pay the bandwidth, causing the site to cease. This puts him in charge.

Simply because the creator does not excersize his power does not mean he does not have that power. In such a case what you have is a dictatorship with an absent dictator.

Would you call the USA an oligarchy because the President doesn't see to day-to-day affairs? In fact the US government is fully capable of operating without a President for a substantial length of time without issue, this doesn't change the fact that the USA is a democracy.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 20, 2009, 05:16:26 am »

I believe, in this exact same thread, it has been made known what I think the US is... heheh.

But anyway, because Barack Obama is superhuman, it is a democracy.
However, technically it isn't. It's an elective dictatorship.
Not absolute dictatorship, but the other one.

But - I accept your reasoning. So basically, the internet is a democratic anarchy of dictatorships?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 20, 2009, 05:21:50 am »

But - I accept your reasoning. So basically, the internet is a democratic anarchy of dictatorships?

No real Democracy involved; decisions are very rarely made via a vote from the people. So the Internet is an Anarchy of Dictatorships. Sometimes you do get people elevated to positions of power via votes, and sometimes the people in charge almost look like a proper Oligarchy, so there's elements of both Democracy and Ologarchy in there, but no political system is 'pure' (you can find Communism, Nazism, Marxism and plenty of other political structures in the Intertoobs), while the Dictatorship aspects are the most prominant.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25