Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: Plump Helmet: Innocent name or Phal*ic menace?  (Read 27637 times)

Seth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Plump Helmet: Innocent name or Phal*ic menace?
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2009, 11:57:35 pm »

IN ALL SERIOUSNESS I always found it weird that dwarves are content to eat phallic fungi all day--they should be demanding real meat!

rdwulfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Rion Wulfe
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2009, 01:39:12 am »

Mmmkay. And after that one, I think I'm going to pretend I never saw this thread.
"   So the gods discussed it and created elves. The Elves were beautiful, Mistral Thrax admitted, in and elvish way, but it was his belief that the gods grew disappointed after a time because the elves -- being elves -- were essentially decorative but not particularly functional. They were content simply to live long lives and to exist. They did not nothing of any real value, in the opinion of Mistral Thrax."
   -- The Covenant of the Forge by Dan Parkinson, a Dragon Lance Novel

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2009, 01:52:27 am »

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2009, 03:36:53 am »

IN ALL SERIOUSNESS I always found it weird that dwarves are content to eat phallic fungi all day--they should be demanding real meat!

wondering if i should sig this...
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2009, 04:05:29 am »

No no no, remember, if you keep mine, you'll be just like the other two people who did!

Michael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2009, 04:06:22 am »

Actually, they aren't content.  There is a bad thought for eating the same thing too often.

There's no specific preference for meat though.  If you somehow managed to feed a fort with nothing but cow meat for years, they would be demanding to eat phallic fungi....

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2009, 04:30:54 am »

can't i have both?

Gah, i just found out that to fit that quote in i have to remove the empty space from yours...
I think i'll keep it the way it is
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 04:35:10 am by Chronas »
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2009, 04:34:57 am »

And here was me thinking this thread couldn't sink any further.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2009, 05:09:47 am »

Poor, foolish you.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2009, 07:14:29 am »

Somewhat on-topic
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Freud was right.

Where did you get that?

DS.

BTW, that was made by a native English speaker (American, I think)

Manchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2009, 07:48:34 am »

ya know, i always thought of the plump helmets as the giant mushrooms from either Morrowind or from Oblivions shivering Isles....but i never thought they were purple.... tho i figured they might have been Mario styled... 1-UP style i mean...

cause eating a red knob.... i mean red mushroom would be a bit odd....

on a side note, im waiting for the Mycon to appear either here in reality or in DF soon..... Then the Ur-Quan will come, and we shall be enlisted by a strange captain of a precursor vessel to attack the SuMatra. thus causing the end of the universe unless we can reunite the alien races a second time and find the secret of the rainbow worlds.... DAMN THE ARILOU LALEE'LAY!!!! WHY DONT THEY HELP?!
There are two types of Christians:
Those that believe in God,

And those that suffer from retardation.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2009, 08:23:05 am »

No, Godwin's Law requires Hitler, or Nazi's. We've come close, Rowanas mentioned the Reich and TheDJ17 mentioned the Master Sandwich, but it's not quite Godwin's Law yet.

By saying that, you just invoked Godwin's law in your post saying we hadn't invoked Godwin's law :D
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2009, 09:19:22 am »

No, Godwin's Law requires Hitler, or Nazi's. We've come close, Rowanas mentioned the Reich and TheDJ17 mentioned the Master Sandwich, but it's not quite Godwin's Law yet.

By saying that, you just invoked Godwin's law in your post saying we hadn't invoked Godwin's law :D

Actually no, Godwin's Law (Appended) states that as an internet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1.

So far, no comparison involving Nazis or Hitler has been made, and thus Godwin's Law remains uninvoked.

Additionally, Quirk's Exception states that Godwin's Law cannot be invoked intentionally; the invoker of Godwin's Law must be attempting to make a comparison with Nazis or Hitler, rather than attempting to invoke Godwin's Law.

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2009, 09:23:10 am »

Actually no, Godwin's Law (Appended) states that as an internet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1.

So far, no comparison involving Nazis or Hitler has been made, and thus Godwin's Law remains uninvoked.

Additionally, Quirk's Exception states that Godwin's Law cannot be invoked intentionally; the invoker of Godwin's Law must be attempting to make a comparison with Nazis or Hitler, rather than attempting to invoke Godwin's Law.

What are you, a Godwin's Law nazi?

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Comes with the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2009, 09:26:59 am »

damn this thread is not one you want to read while drinking... almost drowned my keyboard.
i always pictured them as a very stout but wide purple mushroom...
not really phallic at all. now on the other hand...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25