Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25

Author Topic: Plump Helmet: Innocent name or Phal*ic menace?  (Read 27636 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Plump Helmet: Innocent name or Phal*ic menace?
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2009, 09:35:45 pm »

so normal beards spread their mycelium through dirt and soil, but plump helments can spread through stone.

Like they're digging.

Like dwarves.
Don't you know? Mycellium is the sperm, and a stone is an egg; that's how dwarves are born.

At least, in mythology I heard in elven cultures. Then again, I think that was supposed to be a racist remark. Carping elves.
That's what martinuzz just said.
Hey, I was just keeping an eye out for whatever they might be planning as updates happen. Like I said, it was a myth/racial slur.
Ah, so you're in their base spying on their dudes? How did you hide the beard? Did you SHAVE? :o
If yes, you're a dwarven hero, sacrificing your... reproductive organs for the greater good. ???
Oh, Armok, where is this thread going?!
To be locked.

Let us see how far we can get it. ;D :P

Seriously though, I don't think toady would lock it as long as it doesn't spread. keep the "Plump Helmet" jokes in this thread and we should be fine.

on topic:
My Plump Helmet gonna get 'chu drunk,
Get 'chu drunk right off my plump
my plump my plump,
my lovely little plump!
Besides, dwarves have beards, not "plump helmets".
It's pretty hard to distinguish between those two, though...
Also, epic quote pyramid FTW!
Well, to respond to whoever last responded to me ::looks up at pyramid:: MC Dirty.

I was shipped by accident to some elves while I was sleeping in a bin after having a legendary meal, and I overheard some stuff. I could've just gone out and snapped their necks, if they didn't have some crazy-ass creature cages sitting on top of my bin. I had to wait until I was at their camp in order to slaughter them once the weight was lifted off the bin.

In short, shut up. I didn't betray anyone, I was accidentally sold.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2009, 09:41:53 pm »

makes me wonder how that donkey can carry all that without dying. Once I got three bears, an alligator, monkey, and a cage full of rats, plus all the usual butt load of cloth and wood. that donkey was super dwarvenly-tough.

(yes, they bring multiple donkeys, but how many donkeys have you seen carrying around a bear?)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2009, 09:44:53 pm »

so normal beards spread their mycelium through dirt and soil, but plump helments can spread through stone.

Like they're digging.

Like dwarves.
Don't you know? Mycellium is the sperm, and a stone is an egg; that's how dwarves are born.

At least, in mythology I heard in elven cultures. Then again, I think that was supposed to be a racist remark. Carping elves.
That's what martinuzz just said.
Hey, I was just keeping an eye out for whatever they might be planning as updates happen. Like I said, it was a myth/racial slur.
Ah, so you're in their base spying on their dudes? How did you hide the beard? Did you SHAVE? :o
If yes, you're a dwarven hero, sacrificing your... reproductive organs for the greater good. ???
Oh, Armok, where is this thread going?!
To be locked.

Let us see how far we can get it. ;D :P

Seriously though, I don't think toady would lock it as long as it doesn't spread. keep the "Plump Helmet" jokes in this thread and we should be fine.

on topic:
My Plump Helmet gonna get 'chu drunk,
Get 'chu drunk right off my plump
my plump my plump,
my lovely little plump!
Besides, dwarves have beards, not "plump helmets".
It's pretty hard to distinguish between those two, though...
Also, epic quote pyramid FTW!
Well, to respond to whoever last responded to me ::looks up at pyramid:: MC Dirty.

I was shipped by accident to some elves while I was sleeping in a bin after having a legendary meal, and I overheard some stuff. I could've just gone out and snapped their necks, if they didn't have some crazy-ass creature cages sitting on top of my bin. I had to wait until I was at their camp in order to slaughter them once the weight was lifted off the bin.

In short, shut up. I didn't betray anyone, I was accidentally sold.
You obviously missed the post where I expressed the theory that you're a dwarven hero. But you're obviously not. That's sad.
Let's drink until we forget the whole ordeal!

Edit: Oh, I just saw the part about the killing. You're a dwarven hero after all! Let's drink so we never forget this happy event!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 09:47:47 pm by MC Dirty »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2009, 09:49:01 pm »

Bring in the kegger! Whats that? All you've got is methanol? Huzzah!

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2009, 09:52:16 pm »

I can't believe nobody mentioned portabella!
How do you people live without mushroom-swiss burgers?!

I feel lonely.
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2009, 10:47:05 pm »

hopefully in a later version of the game mushrooms will actually grow in rings like that, instead of acting as shrubs like they do now.
Or maybe Plump Helmets will start growing where you don't want them to. I mean: Plump helmets survive every season, they grow very quickly and plump helmets destroying floor engravings or even "un-smoothing" the floor could become a serious problem. You could harvest it, but that won't get rid of the mycelium. You would have to deconstruct any constructed floors in the immediate vicinity and maybe use some alchemistic substance to get rid of the mycelium.
Restricting that to plump helmets wouldn't be practical, because people will just stop planting them, but plump helmets should be the worst in this respect. Otherwise, they'll just be the perfect food they are right now.
There should be some way to protect the floor fom the shroomy menace, but I can't think of anything.

The obvious solution is to put in a metal chamber before the farm with an airlock. The farm would be soil tiles, surrounded by a good sturdy metal like bronze or iron.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Ashmore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2009, 10:50:53 pm »

I feel lonely.

Mushroom...swiss...[Homer Simpson drool]
Please, describe this wonder in detail.

By the way, the finer qualities of Emmental and Gruyére cheese are, most dwarvenly, aged in Alpine caves.

Mandis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2009, 11:06:09 pm »

I feel lonely.

By the way, the finer qualities of Emmental and Gruyére cheese are, most dwarvenly, aged in Alpine caves.

Mushroom swiss, easy enough to describe.  First, you take a burger, with swiss cheese.  Then, you remove the meat.  That's right.  Then, you replace said meat with a mushroom the size of the patty.  Congratulations, you've entered the world of Portabella.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2009, 05:33:40 am »

I feel lonely.

Mushroom swiss, easy enough to describe.  First, you take a burger, with swiss cheese.  Then, you remove the only thing that makes it worthwhile.  That's right.  Then, you replace said good things with a piece of grey crap the size of the patty.  Congratulations, you've entered the world of Portabella.

fix'd

I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2009, 06:35:50 am »

Oh wow.. That drawing of a berserk engraver looks so .. REAL.

Also, decent little link, Armok
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2009, 09:02:42 am »

funny how this topic was so funny when we were talking about how mushrooms looked like reproductive organs, but now that we are talking about them having reproductive organs, It got all serious.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Mandis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2009, 12:03:05 pm »

I feel lonely.

Mushroom swiss, easy enough to describe.  First, you take a burger, with swiss cheese.  Then, you remove the only thing that makes it worthwhile.  That's right.  Then, you replace said good things with a piece of grey crap the size of the patty.  Congratulations, you've entered the world of Portabella.

fix'd

Aw.. my burger...
Would it be better if we had both the meat and the mushroom?

PencilinHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2009, 12:59:00 pm »

Somewhat on-topic
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Freud was right.

Where did you get that?

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2009, 01:36:27 pm »

I feel lonely.

fix'd

Aw.. my burger...
Would it be better if we had both the meat and the mushroom?

Better? Yes.
Good? No.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25