Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wrestle Enchanting (Collecting the information)  (Read 1771 times)

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
Wrestle Enchanting (Collecting the information)
« on: September 04, 2009, 10:01:22 am »

I want to collect the information on how to improve Wrestling in Dwarf Fortress for purposes of having fun in Adventure Mode.

* Breaking the neck:
What?
By gripping the head you will be able to Lock the neck and then Break. Results are: Held items are dropped, target is unable to stand, bleeding.
Where?
Raw -> Objects -> Body_Default.txt
How?
Add [JOINT] tag to the neck like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Please post your ways to enchant wrestling and combat system for adventure mode and i will add it to the OP.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 01:21:14 pm by Kiberkiller »
I could be wrong.  What would you call it when you spend that much time obsessing over something that it turns out you don't even like?
Relationships?

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wrestle Enchanting
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 10:06:19 am »

The closest thing I can think of is Sean Mirrsen's Martial Arts mod.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 10:07:50 am by dragon1423 »
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 10:14:10 am »

Just go into the raws, look for the body_default tags, and add the [JOINT] tag to necks. That will make all necks breakable, just like arms and legs. To do it, grab the head.

It makes things slightly more interesting when wrestling an enemy, because he can just grab your head and-

*snap*. But you can do the same.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 10:15:43 am »

Just go into the raws, look for the body_default tags, and add the [JOINT] tag to necks. That will make all necks breakable, just like arms and legs. To do it, grab the head.

It makes things slightly more interesting when wrestling an enemy, because he can just grab your head and-

*snap*. But you can do the same.

Will this affect the "target" in the way it supposed to?
I could be wrong.  What would you call it when you spend that much time obsessing over something that it turns out you don't even like?
Relationships?

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 10:17:21 am »

When you snap someone's neck, he drops everything he's holding and falls to the ground. He will be unable to get up, because necks apparently have the [NERVOUS] tag as well, meaning breaking them will basically paralyze the enemy.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 10:20:47 am »

When you snap someone's neck, he drops everything he's holding and falls to the ground. He will be unable to get up, because necks apparently have the [NERVOUS] tag as well, meaning breaking them will basically paralyze the enemy.

Cool, thank you.
Relationships?

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 10:22:23 am »

Ah, this thread is interesting. I will now go and snap everyone's necks!
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 10:28:42 am »

Everyone should mod necks to do this, so that they can properly Sam Fisher everything in the world. ;D

(If you have high enough strength and wrestling skill, you could probably even do it to a Titan)

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 10:34:08 am »

Wow. Hydra's would just have a bucket of fun, wouldn't they? So many heads, so little time :D

Although snapping any one of them will paralyze it...

Doesn't the limb tag also mean that you can wrestle with your neck?
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 10:45:27 am »

It's the joint tag, not the limb tag, so I don't think you'll have to worry about things strangling you to death with their necks. ;D

Although that would be appropriate for snakes.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 10:54:18 am »

mm. I think I might make it a limb instead, just for the laughs. Gen up a world founded on the ancient art of neck wrestling.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 11:14:11 am »

Everyone should mod necks to do this, so that they can properly Sam Fisher everything in the world. ;D

(If you have high enough strength and wrestling skill, you could probably even do it to a Titan)

Don't know about titans but i easly killed Ettin (2 headed freak) and a human Axe Lord...they didn't even had time to hit me once.
Relationships?

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
Re: Wrestle Enchanting (Collecting the information)
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 01:23:44 pm »

I've edited OP, now i'll try to collect different ways to enchant wrestling in DF here.

Question, is it possible to be able to mod in the ability to crush the head and gouge the brain (or something like that)?
I know there is [EMBEDDED] tag but then the brain would be an external organ.

Also neck snapping work only on humanoids but should work on other creatures like wolves, how do i do that?
Relationships?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2009, 03:04:58 pm »

I can be wrong, but the head in QUADRUPLED body is same as in HUMANOID one. It means that neck snapping should be working on every being with head.

EDIT: Oh, joy, I found something:
Rigo, Wrestler: Come on, GCS, I will snap your neck!... oh, where is it?
GCS: I don't have head. I have cephalothorax.
Rigo, Wrestler: Oh shi-
*Rigo, Wrestler has been struck down*
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 03:45:49 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2009, 03:10:50 pm »

Then i have to recheck it and see if i can snap wolves necks
Relationships?
Pages: [1] 2