Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Clashespaints: The Quest for a Pick (community)  (Read 15845 times)

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
Re: Orc Mod, now with aquifiers and ridiculous restrictions! (Community)
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2009, 10:26:44 am »

woo! i said something witty!

kinda.

anyways, if you wanna stop someone hunting just draft/undraft and turn off their hunting labour while its still paused.
In light of this new information I have just recieved *waves some A4 paper around* Kith will comment about there being a lack of wood and depending if there is an axe avalible will go cut some or go hunting.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2009, 10:29:48 am »

OK, you want to wait for an actual carpenter or take one of the guys we have now? I've tentatively given you the former engraver, who's already also an adept wrestler.
Sounds great!  Let's pull him out and make him a carpenter.
Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2009, 01:39:49 pm »

OK, you want to wait for an actual carpenter or take one of the guys we have now? I've tentatively given you the former engraver, who's already also an adept wrestler.
Sounds great!  Let's pull him out and make him a carpenter.
They will have to fight Kith to the death to get into his workshop!

mjo625

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2009, 03:09:29 pm »

Sweet thanks! I'm happy to have him do anything you need him to do right now, including farming and stuff, though I'm fairly certain it'd be better to have a dedicated person for that.

Edit: Name him Rice, and put him on the steel waiting list. I'll need 3 bars, but I will have a steel door!

Twiggy and Lucent have my food needs covered, I may make Sysice assistant butcher if that backs up. I think I'll have you take over tanning and leather work. Probably bone work as well, to allow Goron to hunt non-stop.

haha yeah I forgot about that... Oh well, if I'm dumb enough to wander out into the wild with only one bolt, I guess that's my own darn fault.

I request DFMA uploads if/when you get a chance.

Also, did Twiggy train all of the dogs as war dogs? If not, can I get a hunting dog assigned to me?

I think I'll wait until the entire fort can NOT be captured in one screenshot for uploads. All the dogs are wardogs, but as soon as the first batch of puppies grows up I'll get you a hunting dog.

I can make carpentry busy work for them. I'll definitely get a 2nd, and maybe a 3rd, carpenter's shop. I'll restrict real furniture making to Kith's shop and the others will make barrels/bins as needed. If there's still not enough work to go around, they can make wood blocks and we'll replace the walls/floors with those.

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2009, 03:29:14 pm »

Dude?  That's totally why I had him trained as a wrestler.
*wry grin*
Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2009, 03:25:48 am »

I can make carpentry busy work for them. I'll definitely get a 2nd, and maybe a 3rd, carpenter's shop. I'll restrict real furniture making to Kith's shop and the others will make barrels/bins as needed. If there's still not enough work to go around, they can make wood blocks and we'll replace the walls/floors with those.
Kith will restrict his head bashing to orcs now.

Dude?  That's totally why I had him trained as a wrestler.
*wry grin*
Kith is already a trained wrestler and will soon have a pair of steel gaunlets to punch the asrterix off of any smart comment you can come up with...but still mostly orcs.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 03:28:20 am by Metal Militia »

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2009, 07:14:50 am »

Kith is already a trained wrestler and will soon have a pair of steel gaunlets to punch the asrterix off of any smart comment you can come up with...but still mostly orcs.
Asterisk (*) is spelled with an 'sk'. Asterix (cartoon character) is spelled with an X.
Smart enough for ya?
 ;D
just teasing:-)

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Comes with the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2009, 08:04:02 pm »

ooh this looks interesting, great writing so far.
i'll probably claim a dwarf at the next migrant wave :D

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2009, 09:58:24 pm »

I'd like a dwarf. I'd say soldier, but it looks like steel is going to be quite rare, so... Ah, sod it, Axedwarf.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2009, 12:14:16 am »

Whoops, i forgot, sign me up on the steel waiting list. I'm thinking a steel chair for my office...
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2009, 12:28:12 am »

I want Libash Adolcerol!   make him a hunter who wants to butcher everything he kills himself    steel waiting list= steel butcher shop (name him monk)

mjo625

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2009, 09:30:23 am »

I'd like a dwarf. I'd say soldier, but it looks like steel is going to be quite rare, so... Ah, sod it, Axedwarf.

OK, I've given you one of the guys I've been training as a wrestler, we'll turn him into an axedwarf eventually. I've played through most of winter already, and you're a champion wrestler. To give you some axe skill, I can give you one of the silver axes and send you out to chop up warthogs. I'm not going to do any weapon training in the barracks until we have some decent armor available. Unless 2 claimed dwarves both want to, but that's kind of asking for an amputation.

Whoops, i forgot, sign me up on the steel waiting list. I'm thinking a steel chair for my office...

Done, but I'll be rotating a bunch of dwarves in and out of clerk and manager for cheesy exp gain. Of course, there's nothing wrong with having an office you don't really need, and whoever happens to be clerk will get crappy furniture in their office.

I want Libash Adolcerol!   make him a hunter who wants to butcher everything he kills himself    steel waiting list= steel butcher shop (name him monk)

Libash is a champion already. You can still have him, if you want him. But I'm assuming you'd prefer to take someone from a later migrant wave. I'll be posting an update this weekend, and hopefully it will include springtime migrants, so check back soon and see if there's someone else you want.

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2009, 02:29:34 pm »

Alright, office without a need it is. Thanks for the attributes, by the way.
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!

Canageek

• Bay Watcher
  • Badwolf
    • View Profile
    • Ruminations of a Canadian Geek
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2009, 04:46:17 pm »

Could I get a miner named Dante who's goal is to find hell? He is sure its down there somewhere so he keeps digging. I mean, for all he knows it could be where you need those rooms excavated. Also: It'll be quite funny when he arrives and finds no pick. (I don't know if your map has HFS, or if you will breach it, but he doesn't know that, and the other dwarves can keep tricking him if you do find it)
"That is, I repeat, conjecture. But I cannot see a more probable way in which that plant, intended to be kept secret, could come, quite suddenly, to be found in almost every part of the world."
    -William Masen, The Day of the Triffids

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2009, 08:43:03 pm »

well i need to pay more attention then, ill wait till the next wave
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8