Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Clashespaints: The Quest for a Pick (community)  (Read 15873 times)

Ross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Orc Mod, now with aquifiers and ridiculous restrictions! (Community)
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2009, 08:53:57 pm »

hm. Ok.

Let's hope the next caravan brings metal or picks. This is getting annoying.

Exellent job so far.

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2009, 03:29:04 pm »

I call the armorsmith! You can keep doing whatever with him, but try not to kill him, alright?
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2009, 08:48:16 am »

Let's hope the next caravan brings metal or picks. This is getting annoying.

It is my understanding we cannot take metal from the dwarf caravan, since the mountainhomes have no metal to give.

So instead we need to get our own metal...
THat means melting all the kobold crap and making picks, then trying to dig for more metal, all while continuing to melt down spoils of war.

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2009, 11:14:18 am »

Ooh!  Dwarf me!

I want a dwarf named 'Thurdik' (male) or 'Thara' (female).  One of the military dwarves, please.
Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster

mjo625

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2009, 11:35:42 am »

I call the armorsmith! You can keep doing whatever with him, but try not to kill him, alright?

Done. I'll be treating him similar to Twiggy, trying to ensure that the armorsmithing remains his highest moodable skill. So he'll be taking on various menial tasks for the time being.

It is my understanding we cannot take metal from the dwarf caravan, since the mountainhomes have no metal to give.

So instead we need to get our own metal...
THat means melting all the kobold crap and making picks, then trying to dig for more metal, all while continuing to melt down spoils of war.

Exactly. Or if we get very lucky, a migrant will bring one along we can use, like you and your bronze crossbow. BTW, yay or nay on hunting elephants, Goron?

Ooh!  Dwarf me!

I want a dwarf named 'Thurdik' (male) or 'Thara' (female).  One of the military dwarves, please.

Sure, if you want. But like I said I was thinking that non-military dwarves would be more fun for you.

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2009, 12:09:44 pm »

That's fair enough, as I was going to pull him out of the military anyway.

I want a carpenter dwarf, to be trained as a wrestler until at least "Competent" (which shouldn't take long).
Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2009, 12:29:52 pm »

BTW, yay or nay on hunting elephants, Goron?
I'm all for it. I only ask you do your best to ensure I hunt with a proper supply of ammunition... Last thing I want to is melee an elephant with a crossbow:-)
of course at 16 bones each... I am sure I'll be doing alright with bone bolts:-)

I figure these big ol' elephants will do us right in many ways... food, leather, and bone...

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2009, 12:40:56 pm »

I saw a fish cleaner in your list, though it seems the lakes have dried up. I would like to claim him. Having him be a miner/mason would be very fine indeed, though I'm aware we have yet to aquire a pick or a solid source of stone.

mjo625

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2009, 08:50:44 pm »

Lucent: You are not tearing down my kitchen!

MJO: Lucent, we need the space.

Lucent: You can just tear down the outer wall and build it further away!

MJO: There isn’t time for that. We’ve only half a month till winter.

Lucent: What do we need a barracks for anyway? I thought our defences we’re your “incredible bolts”

MJO: It’s for the migrants, so they can train in wrestling and have at least a small chance of survival.

Lucent: Bah, cannon fodder is all migrants are good for.

Sysice: Hey!! I’m the most skilled armorsmith in this fort!

Lucent: You’re a novice. I could gain more skill than you in a month. And why does this one get his own office?

MJO: So he can keep track of our inventory. Otherwise, without any metal, he is pretty useless.

Sysice: Hey!

Lucent: Well, whatever. But I’m not letting you tear down my kitchen!!

Twiggy: Too late.

Lucent: You beardless swine.

With a barracks set up on the first level, four of the migrants begin training. I really wish they’d stop tearing each other’s clothes off, but I guess it can’t be helped. The final migrant, the one with no skills at all, carries stuff. He – or is it she? I can’t be bothered to find out on someone so useless. – may make a good candidate for sheriff, when we need one. The rest of us attempt to find tasks to occupy us. There’s not much to do but wait, now. Winter is upon us.

mjo625

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2009, 09:04:36 pm »

That's fair enough, as I was going to pull him out of the military anyway.

I want a carpenter dwarf, to be trained as a wrestler until at least "Competent" (which shouldn't take long).

OK, you want to wait for an actual carpenter or take one of the guys we have now? I've tentatively given you the former engraver, who's already also an adept wrestler.

I saw a fish cleaner in your list, though it seems the lakes have dried up. I would like to claim him. Having him be a miner/mason would be very fine indeed, though I'm aware we have yet to aquire a pick or a solid source of stone.

Done, and just in time. You're a professional wrestler.

I'm all for it. I only ask you do your best to ensure I hunt with a proper supply of ammunition... Last thing I want to is melee an elephant with a crossbow:-)
of course at 16 bones each... I am sure I'll be doing alright with bone bolts:-)

The trouble is, you won't reload until you're dead empty. After you brought in the first elephant, you went out again with a single bolt in your quiver, despite about 10 piles of 25 bolts each in the workshop. And I couldn't stop you from that hunt job. I was very relieved to see you go after a warthog. I'm not sure how I could go about forcing you to reload in a situation like that. I'll get you some wrestling training, and hammerdwarf when I can, just in case. Assuming the remainder of my immigrants go unclaimed, I'll have a permanent military I can send out to help you in case you get in trouble.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2009, 12:04:38 am »

Sweet thanks! I'm happy to have him do anything you need him to do right now, including farming and stuff, though I'm fairly certain it'd be better to have a dedicated person for that.

Edit: Name him Rice, and put him on the steel waiting list. I'll need 3 bars, but I will have a steel door!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 12:06:13 am by ricemastah »

Makahlua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2009, 12:13:45 am »

Lucent: Well, whatever. But I’m not letting you tear down my kitchen!!

Twiggy: Too late.

Lucent: You beardless swine.

Bwahaha! Good thing I wasn't drinking when I read that, or it'd be up my nose right now :D

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2009, 08:22:44 am »

I've got it! Kith wants some steel gauntlets, he's tired of getting so many god damn splinters and as he is a trained wrestler it makes good for smashing some skulls! *Insert appropreat Mr. T quote here*
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 08:59:55 am by Metal Militia »
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2009, 08:35:22 am »

The trouble is, you won't reload until you're dead empty. After you brought in the first elephant, you went out again with a single bolt in your quiver, despite about 10 piles of 25 bolts each in the workshop. And I couldn't stop you from that hunt job. I was very relieved to see you go after a warthog. I'm not sure how I could go about forcing you to reload in a situation like that. I'll get you some wrestling training, and hammerdwarf when I can, just in case. Assuming the remainder of my immigrants go unclaimed, I'll have a permanent military I can send out to help you in case you get in trouble.
haha yeah I forgot about that... Oh well, if I'm dumb enough to wander out into the wild with only one bolt, I guess that's my own darn fault.

I request DFMA uploads if/when you get a chance.

Also, did Twiggy train all of the dogs as war dogs? If not, can I get a hunting dog assigned to me?

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2009, 09:42:33 am »

woo! i said something witty!

kinda.

anyways, if you wanna stop someone hunting just draft/undraft and turn off their hunting labour while its still paused.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8