Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Immortal Dragons Mod  (Read 15832 times)

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Immortal Dragons Mod
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 09:07:45 pm »

My Titan was powerful since I was trying something new and it needed the dragon to be killed. And all my creatures have messed up damblocks and attacks since I got a mod that messed em all up, so i had to convert all of the damblocks and attacks to make up for this. But then, I forgot to change it back before releasing the mod. Sorry about that. And I will change it to how you recommend it, thanks, opinions are appreciated. And the titan  ;D:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You thought meh dragon was bad eh?
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 09:15:46 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You thought meh dragon was bad eh?
WELP! Time to go die!
If you don't exactly have any modded creatures in there you absolutely want to have, you should just download a fresh copy of DF and replace the whole raws folder. THEN, you add in your messed-up dragon and the orcs and see how lethal your dragon really is. Because I'm sure as hell that it'll mop the floor with any vanilla sieges and the orcs should be a minor nuisance to it. If not, slowly add some points to attack or size and it should be good.
What I wonder is how a crossbowdwarf could defeat this thing, seeing as it doesn't have any organs or meat that could be pincushioned. That's definitely strange.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2009, 09:19:28 pm »

Yes, it is strange. Usually the throat and spine getting injured are the causes of death. And yes, I have many (I mean A LOT) of mods and/or creatures in my game I don't want to dispose of. They make DF much more dwarfy and interesting. Besides, most of the mods are something that are attempted to add in before Toady actually does.
Such as a wierd version of magic.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 09:22:47 pm by dragon1423 »

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2009, 10:24:14 pm »

magic? how are you working in magic?

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 08:24:08 am »

magic? how are you working in magic?
I guess he made the brain or the eyes or anything deal heat, burn or cold damage. Or dropping an itemcorpse that explodes instantly, something like that.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2009, 09:38:51 am »

Yeah, I just have weapons that do do heat damage, cold damage, etc. I also have been using a couple magic mods. Ein's magic mod I think. I got another one that can somehow bring something back to life too.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2009, 09:41:16 am »

Wow, bring something to life? That's pretty interesting. Is it in-game?

Also, you should probably remove the bones if you want these things even more unkillable.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2009, 09:48:14 am »

I've never done it myself, since the Elves (why the Elves?) are the only race with access to the "magic". During an ambush, a mage was still alive, and the rest of the elves were dead. Then all of a sudden I see him shooting things at the corpses. I then see new Elves.
And strangely the corpses are still there... In Example, I see Urist Mc Elf's corpse. Then, attacking my dwarves, I see the same Urist Mc Elf. Strange. Why did I mod it so Elves had it? I will never know.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2009, 09:48:56 am »

Well, as long as it makes them harder. Vanilla elves are notoriously weak.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2009, 09:50:08 am »

Not mine, they breathe fire!  ;D Or it's my goblins, I forget.

EDIT: Yes, it is my goblins that breathe fire.

RE EDIT: If I removed all of my dragon's body parts, would it take damage, and would it exist? I'm pretty sure I've got most
"[NO...]" tags on it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 09:53:56 am by dragon1423 »

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2009, 10:16:12 am »

Not mine, they breathe fire!  ;D Or it's my goblins, I forget.

EDIT: Yes, it is my goblins that breathe fire.

RE EDIT: If I removed all of my dragon's body parts, would it take damage, and would it exist? I'm pretty sure I've got most
"[NO...]" tags on it.

Remove the internal organs and bones, that should be enough. However a powerful enough hit to the core mass (upper/lower body) would still kill it, though a headshot won't.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2009, 10:18:57 am »

Yeah, throat injuries kill it if someone actually attacks or strangles the throat
(meh Titan did).

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2009, 12:25:44 pm »

Remove the internal organs and bones, that should be enough.
That is, of course, true. But if you would actually look at the sun dragon's raws, you would see that it already has neither organs nor bones. And that's why I'm confused about a marksdwarf killing this thing.

Edit: @OP: The third dragon has two different size entries and two identical speed entries. Also, the second dragon is much worse for your fortress than the first one. "Megabeast" doesn't make it stronger, but rarer. The second one is more common, thus more dangerous.

Edit2: On second thought... Does [COMMON_DOMESTIC] make them not appear in the wild? That would make sense because I never saw wild dogs in DF. If that's the case, the second one is indeed the safest. What's the difference between the first and the third one except for the third one having an extra speed token, an extra size toke and the [SEMIMEGABEAST] token? The latter doesn't make any sense because it can't be both a semi- and a regular megabeast. Just delete the third one from the post, it's (if I didn't miss anything) unneccessary.

Edit3: You should change the prefstring. The way it's now, Urist McWeirdo "likes sun dragons for their immortal (sort of)." What's the noun for "immortal"? Immortality? If you want to drop a Star Wars reference it should be "power, unlimited POWER".
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 12:55:57 pm by MC Dirty »

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2009, 12:59:30 pm »

Thanks MC Dirty, the double tokens was an accident. The third Dragon is far worse since it has a cluster number, it will never truly disappear and if there's one in a cave, there's many in a cave, just like a Minotaur. Semimegabeast allows it to actually have a working cluster number. The second one is meant to be a guard dragon, and I never encountered it in the wild.   

EDIT: I've tested it many times and [MEGABEAST] and [SEMIMEGAEBEAST] do in fact work together. It is awesomeness/your screwed if it is powerful.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 03:04:19 pm by dragon1423 »

Rvlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2009, 06:01:46 pm »

Maybe I am stupid, but looking at the second dragon there is something that is not exactly clear to me.
1 It has the [COMMON_DOMESTIC]
2 It has the [PETVALUE:-7500].
In theory the first would allow you to chose it right before embark, while the second is also used to calculation the price of the domestic animal... Well sort of.

Seeing a 1-humped camel has [PETVALUE:500] costing 251 at embark or a dog with [PETVALUE:30] costing 16 at embark.
(the others also have the calculation [(petvalue/2)+1].

In theory with [PETVALUE:-7500] (read minus 7500) you would receive 3751 for each dragon you wish to take with you instead of paying for it.

Have not tested this myself and will not test it today, but if others have the time I would be interested to know if my theory is true or false.  ???

Personally I hope the minus is ignored and you have to pay 3751.
If not it is a form of cheating when you use it  ;).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4