Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Do you have enemies?  (Read 10664 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Do you have enemies?
« on: September 03, 2009, 01:55:37 am »

I have many. A lot. More than 30 who probably want to see me dead. For all sorts of reasons. Some because I got them kicked out of university, some because I cockblocked them from getting a girl so many times, some because I outperform them in something or other, some because I just have a particularly acerbic character with very little patience for real life idiocy (of which there is much). There's was even one on these forums, but he got banned. I've had my hamburger spit in, which was awesome because I brought the matter up to the manager and he got fired, and I've had people send me death threats, which were not carried out.

Regardless, if your qualification to be able to enter the afterlife was determined by how much people hate you, I'd be immediately refused entry. And that's fine, because I believe in my own principles and will stand up for them rather than bend over to every Tom, Dick and Harry.

What about you guys? Do any of you relish in being hated or having a karmic level of negative?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Do you have enemies?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 01:59:43 am »

I don't like being hated, although I do have a tendency to make fun of people to their face and keep laughing at them even while they're punching me. 

But no, I can't say many people want me dead.  If they do, they've never made it obvious they do.
Shoes...

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 02:21:56 am »

My only enemies are men who make flirtatious remarks at my younger sister.  I have a simple system.

1. "That's not what she said last night" or equivalent comment- punch in the upper arm
2. "I'd like to bang that" or equivalent comment- punch in the gut
3. Inappropriate touching- punch to the face, 2 in the gut
4. Dating her- a stern talk in the back alley, hauled up by their shirt, with my fist threateningly close to their face; also, cleaning my guns whenever he comes over or brings her home; mildly inappropriate touching (hugging, kissing) is allowed, but discouraged and interrupted when possible

I am an overprotective elder brother to the extreme, and have kept up this system, even when my good freinds make snark comments.  I actually owe a guy a beer at this moment due to me going overboard on a comment (it was a 1, but I treated it as a 2).  As far as I'm concerned, she can have a life when she's married  :).

So yea, those are my only real enemies.  If people hated me, I'd feel like I was doing something wrong.  In the words of someone else: I'm third.  First God, then others, then me.  The only time I can accept being hated is when I'm being hated for helping someone else.  Perhaps I just care too much about what other people think, or perhaps I just want everyone to get along.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 02:32:37 am »

I don't have any enemies as such, excepting general ideologies. It makes me feel.. rather apathetic.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 03:10:25 am »

I have many. A lot. More than 30 who probably want to see me dead. For all sorts of reasons. Some because I got them kicked out of university, some

Three men who wanted me dead are already dead. Nobody now wants to be my enemy. ;-)
Finis sanctificat media.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 03:14:04 am »

I'm not sure if I have any enemies, but it's highly possible.
I'm like Black Mage, but less psychotic.
I'll often shout out random, insulting crap.
And all the stabbing is done with hands and pencils and similar harmless items.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 03:17:12 am »

My cousin loathes me, and the feeling is mutual.  But generally, most of the people I dislike seem to have very high opinions of me.  I'm not entirely sure why.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 05:18:06 am »

My only enemies are men who make flirtatious remarks at my younger sister.  I have a simple system.

I'm sort like this but with my girlfriend, if you f***ing hurt my girlfriend in any way you are basically my enemy and deserve nothing but pain.

Furthermore my girlfriends brother is going to get the shit beat out of him the next time I see him because of some things he's done.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 05:26:25 am »

People who hate me, or people who i hate?

Hate me, maybe one, (kinda punched him for no good reason), and maybe a few more (people who used to bully me, but i doubt that they give a shit about me anymore). All of these people i knew from early highschool, however i moved 200km's away to the city at the beggining of my senior years, haven't seen one since. Pretty sure noone hates me from highschool (what can i say, i try to be nice), because it was so large i could just manevoure around assholes, but on average the people there were pretty great. Same goes for uni.

People i hate personally? well... Noone enough to want to waste time to hurt them.

People i hate because of what they are (eg, without knowing them)? well now that's a different story, though it takes a lot to get me violent.
Magma is overrated.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 05:51:40 am »

In real life? Not one. People who irk me, plenty. But that's it.

On this forum I have maybe ten or so people who want me gone, or I think they want me gone. Could be more, could be less. Obviously I'm not going to name names, and nobody else had better.

Still, at this exact moment, I feel platonic love for the world. I have mood swings, but I feel this way most of the time.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 05:53:13 am »

The question isn't do I *have* enemies.

No, the real question is, who will be my enemy tomorrow?

Their heads shall be mounted upon my wall.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 05:54:54 am »

Workerdrone has enemies for a period of about three days at a time, longer if he can't procure weapons.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 06:01:56 am »

longer if he can't procure weapons.

I only need one shot.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 06:03:38 am »

It's really difficult for me to make enemies.  People would rather punch themselves than me.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 06:05:46 am »

So, Workerdrone's enemy count is directly proportionate to how long it takes him to acquire a bullet and a gun.
You know what, you scare me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13