Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Do you have enemies?  (Read 10657 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: Do you have enemies?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 06:09:20 am »

Don't fear the reaper.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 06:09:37 am »

I have no enemies. Nobody has made an enemy of me. I'm more Christian about the whole "Love your enemies" And "Forgive those who have wronged you" thing than most Christians.

I'll hurt somebody to defend somebody else who needs it, but they won't be my enemy.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2009, 06:33:37 am »

-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 04:47:23 pm by Stany »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2009, 06:42:26 am »

Let the proclamation go out across the land! Spur of the moment attempted murder with high explosives is a fantastic way of dealing with your problems! Hear ye, hear ye!

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2009, 06:45:56 am »

My only enemies are men who make flirtatious remarks at my younger sister.  I have a simple system.

1. "That's not what she said last night" or equivalent comment- punch in the upper arm
2. "I'd like to bang that" or equivalent comment- punch in the gut
3. Inappropriate touching- punch to the face, 2 in the gut
4. Dating her- a stern talk in the back alley, hauled up by their shirt, with my fist threateningly close to their face; also, cleaning my guns whenever he comes over or brings her home; mildly inappropriate touching (hugging, kissing) is allowed, but discouraged and interrupted when possible

I am an overprotective elder brother to the extreme, and have kept up this system, even when my good freinds make snark comments.  I actually owe a guy a beer at this moment due to me going overboard on a comment (it was a 1, but I treated it as a 2).  As far as I'm concerned, she can have a life when she's married  :).

So yea, those are my only real enemies.  If people hated me, I'd feel like I was doing something wrong.  In the words of someone else: I'm third.  First God, then others, then me.  The only time I can accept being hated is when I'm being hated for helping someone else.  Perhaps I just care too much about what other people think, or perhaps I just want everyone to get along.
How old is your sister? If she's over 15, what you're doing is creepy and chauvinist, unless it's a dude twice her age or something. Yes, she'll get burned by asshole boyfriends. But that's just a part of growing up. If she doesn't go through it now, she'll have tons of relationship problems later in her life.

Anyway, back to the topic. Do people that shell you with howitzers and take shots at you with sniper rifles count as enemies?
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2009, 06:49:22 am »

My friend punched a guy two nights ago for back chatting his sister. I did not know till later. I did not know where to put my face.

Also later the guy threw up.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2009, 06:50:13 am »

I have a few enemies, but they're just jerks. I mostly escape notice.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2009, 06:55:46 am »

-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 04:43:11 pm by Stany »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2009, 07:06:26 am »

Huzzah!

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2009, 07:12:54 am »

Napalm is fun. I used to make it as a kid and draw lines of fire on local roads. Strangely, the drivers didn't appreciate it.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2009, 07:25:14 am »

-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 04:42:48 pm by Stany »

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2009, 07:33:06 am »

My enemies?

Generally, they're people who dated me/wanted to date me/want to date me. Apparently, I bring out the rage in everyone who loves me. On the plus side, I just have to look for the girls scowling at me to find someone to ask out. Of course, she'll usually say no.

I'm kinda looking forward to getting out of this school--the wimmins here are crazy.
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2009, 07:53:47 am »

There are people I dislike, but I dont care about them enough to regard them as enemies.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2009, 07:57:35 am »

To my knowledge no one hates me and I make it a point not to hate anyone.

So I don't really have any enemies.

Though the only reason I am even posting it is because I'd think a severe lack of people who dislike you is unusual, especially for someone who isn't particularly liked.

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2009, 08:40:50 am »

I find it hideously hard to actually dislike a person for some reason (Even politicians.  I'll vehemently disagree with a politician's policies, but with the person themself I still tend to hold a higher opinion than most).  I suppose I always end up thinking something like, "Well, they had a reason to do that, even if they were ultimately wrong"... I don't seem to get people mad at me, either, and not in the "let them walk over me" sense.  If I knew how I was doing it, I'd probably figure out a way to sell the idea. :P
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13