Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 251

Author Topic: Bay12's Desktops  (Read 388717 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12's Desktops
« Reply #1950 on: September 22, 2011, 05:45:15 pm »

Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: September 22, 2011, 11:26:59 pm »

Never let the ponies win!
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #1952 on: September 23, 2011, 06:59:14 am »

If a Pony ever enters my wallpaper, it will be because it's a picture of it being dismembered by a SPESS MEHREN's chainsword.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 07:02:47 am by 612DwarfAvenue »
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: September 23, 2011, 07:23:51 am »

If I coulod somehow get magma into my wallpaper, it'd be an accurate representation of the B12 demographic.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1954 on: September 23, 2011, 02:49:52 pm »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: September 23, 2011, 03:35:38 pm »

Spoiler: New Background (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 04:42:42 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: September 23, 2011, 03:42:03 pm »

If a Pony ever enters my wallpaper, it will be because it's a picture of it being dismembered by a SPESS MEHREN's chainsword.
What do you have against ponies? We like a cartoon, and you like (whatever you like). Can't we just stay out of each others hair you just stop hating?
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: September 23, 2011, 03:44:52 pm »

Then again, its an interesting challenge, klingon. Anyone know a 40k/MLP fan who can draw stuff?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: September 23, 2011, 04:40:49 pm »

I've almost completely gotten rid of all visible desktop interface.  I've switched to the emerge desktop shell and only have the core, command, and tray components running.  Command is just a clock and the tray only displays a few really really tiny icons.  I then have two winstep nexus docks on auto-hide -- one as an application launcher and the other showing currently running tasks.  I may switch back to objectdock... not sure yet.  Either way, maximized windows have all screen space available to them except for 8 pixels along the bottom, while still allowing me instant access to everything.  When not in a maximized window, I get a gorgeous full view of my art collection on rotation.

It also takes up less resources than the default windows shell/explorer, and it's easy if one component crashes to use another to restore it without needing a reboot or task manager.  So it's slightly less but much more stable, if that makes sense.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: September 23, 2011, 04:48:22 pm »

To those of you who seem to dislike ponies, you got me curious.

For those of you who like ponies, I am sorry for my heretical behavior. Please suggest a proper way to terminate myself for this travesty.

Source website has randomizing URL, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 05:23:40 pm by TheBronzePickle »
Nothing important here, move along.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: September 23, 2011, 04:50:03 pm »

That is not nice.

What's wrong with the soft, squishy, and stereotypically feminine, anyhow?  Even when I was a little kid I knew I'd better not do that stuff.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: September 23, 2011, 05:08:36 pm »

So should I be glad that the spoilered image won't load for me?

What do you have against ponies? We like a cartoon, and you like (whatever you like). Can't we just stay out of each others hair you just stop hating?

We can't ask them to stop hating, that would be impolite. The first and only solution is to love and tolerate the shit out of them.  ;)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: September 23, 2011, 05:18:04 pm »

Yeah, I'd be glad.  It's Transformer robots (I think) violently dismembering ponies, and what appears to be a couple of human women--though I may be wrong on that last one, and it might be Harry Potter characters.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: September 23, 2011, 05:24:11 pm »

They're Space Marines, not Transformers.
Nothing important here, move along.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: September 23, 2011, 05:26:17 pm »

That doesn't look like transformers at all, theres not vehicle parts in the picture.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 251