Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 251

Author Topic: Bay12's Desktops  (Read 388901 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12's Desktops
« Reply #1830 on: July 20, 2011, 02:10:23 pm »

What kind of backdoors? I don't use either (I've got a Starter.bat file thing), but it sounds interesting to read about.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: July 20, 2011, 02:22:52 pm »

It's been so long since I used IRC (or mIRC for that matter...) that I don't know if I could pick it back up.  It was somewhere in the 1996-1998 years and I was heavily into scripting different things for it.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: July 20, 2011, 02:31:50 pm »

What kind of backdoors? I don't use either (I've got a Starter.bat file thing), but it sounds interesting to read about.

It was something about the devs logging onto a McAdmin server and dicking about on it. They had an auto-ban feature that'd activate whenever someone tried to reprimand them, which ended up activating on said server's admins.

The really damning thing was a log a former-dev published that showed the lead boasting about the hidden functions he had added on it. It effectively killed the software, IIRC.

I lost the link a while ago, but you can search for it on Google if you want more.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #1833 on: July 20, 2011, 02:46:47 pm »

<pics>

Ugh, mirc.

I'd just like to point out that McMyAdmin and McAdmin are very bad MC server mods to use, as it's been confirmed that the devs installed software backdoors to mess with their users.

Whats wrong with mirc.
I'm too lazy to change the server things now, no one even plays there anymore. Unless the devs can do something REALLY bad like !Viruz! or mess with files. If they can just ban me I dont really care.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: July 20, 2011, 02:52:23 pm »

<pics>

Ugh, mirc.

I'd just like to point out that McMyAdmin and McAdmin are very bad MC server mods to use, as it's been confirmed that the devs installed software backdoors to mess with their users.

What's wrong with mirc.
I'm too lazy to change the server things now, no one even plays there anymore. Unless the devs can do something REALLY bad like !Viruz! or mess with files. If they can just ban me I dont really care.

It works, sure, but, it's restrictive, shareware and is counterintuitive. Not something I'd want to keep around for long (seeing as it's Windows-only, too).

They were planning on making it malware, yes, but that was before the controversy started.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: July 20, 2011, 03:44:08 pm »

It's so cold and bleak looking.  D:

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #1836 on: July 20, 2011, 03:53:17 pm »

JUST LIKE MY SOUL. ;_;

Now you made me cry :'(
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: July 20, 2011, 04:29:56 pm »

JUST LIKE MY SOUL. ;_;
I do like the background image though... I don't care if it's "cold"... it's a background, not something to stare are.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: July 24, 2011, 12:16:08 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have a slideshow background, here's a link to all of my backgrounds.
http://imgur.com/a/e3523
Set to change every 30 seconds.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: July 24, 2011, 03:50:23 pm »

I'm pretty sure that counts as 'VERY LARGE', greatorder :P

Awesome picture, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: July 24, 2011, 04:38:41 pm »

It's but a baby compared to my UberPC :P

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: July 24, 2011, 04:44:14 pm »

It's but a baby compared to my UberPC :P
Yet it can run like, 7 servers. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: July 24, 2011, 04:56:40 pm »

I am a total geek about such things. I was looking into cheap AMD quad/hexacores CPU/motherboard combos to replace the E8500 when I realised "what the fuck do I even need this for?" "What the fuck would I do with the socket 775?"

This is what happens when I stay single and decide to stay at home. The E8500 is entirely fine for my current server needs except ArmA2. Powerful computers are so cheap nowadays.

Next acquisition has to be a new graphics card when the AMD 7000 series and nvidia 600 series comes out. Uberbox is on a 4850 X2, which works great but runs hotter than blazes.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1843 on: July 24, 2011, 08:11:38 pm »

I am a total geek about such things. I was looking into cheap AMD quad/hexacores CPU/motherboard combos to replace the E8500 when I realised "what the fuck do I even need this for?" "What the fuck would I do with the socket 775?"

This is what happens when I stay single and decide to stay at home. The E8500 is entirely fine for my current server needs except ArmA2. Powerful computers are so cheap nowadays.

I have to ask, why does the E8500 go for $75 more than the Phenom II X4 965 BE that I have?  Especially when the AMD seems to outperform the Intel by a significant margin? (here's a result for E8500 vs. 955 BE)

And the answer to your question, of course, is Arma 2, destroyer of processors.  ;P

KG

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: July 24, 2011, 08:33:16 pm »

The answer is naturally lolintel.

But seriously, it used to be that before the release of the Phenom 2s, Intel was doing much better than AMD on many pricepoints and socket 775 was fairly ubiquitous. Meaning intel could heavily overprice their CPUs and get away with it. Then the i7/5/3 series came out and socket 775 is rendered obsolete and no longer manufactured - it's price has gone up. I got my E8500 for $170 with tax. The only reason for anyone to buy an E8500 now is to not upgrade their motherboard. AMD is a great price/performance competitor but right now the i7s are beastly overpowering. Few games actually need that kind of power though, mostly pros and games like DF/ArmA2. Most of the time you'll be bottlenecked by graphics.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 251