Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 251

Author Topic: Bay12's Desktops  (Read 388995 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12's Desktops
« Reply #945 on: October 23, 2010, 12:36:47 am »

My most minimalist wallpaper (other than solid black) was exactly 5 pixels arranged like a glider.
5 little tiny pixels.
Spoiler: So easy to miss. (click to show/hide)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: October 23, 2010, 12:41:14 am »

Actually, its fairly noticeable if nondescript.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: October 23, 2010, 12:50:21 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:28:39 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: October 23, 2010, 12:56:43 am »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #949 on: October 23, 2010, 01:07:19 am »

Sure my desktop may be cluttered and busy; but it is surprisingly simple, or in a sense, minimal for me. I did all the work so I won't have to do as much later (kinda my style of doing things as of late; minimal to me is the amount of effort I need to put in to work on or maintain it). What can I say? I'm a lazy bum (with a bit of preemptive effort).

The only real setback to all this is the colors, and keeping it all visible if I end up changing backgrounds (which if I choose a good landscape BG, the ship will still be appropriate). This is probably the best setup I have made for all this so far. I know where everything is, all my reminders are there, and I still have room to cram more crap in.

If I want to go overboard: provided I know enough languages well enough, I'd might as well just mesh them all together, and just for kicks, make it look like a Blue Sun background with Japanese (what I'm interested in learning) as a secondary text mixed with the standard writing; and probably make it look more interesting. Now then, if Rainmeter can support Japanese characters. Not as if it isn't already hard enough to understand everything at first glance (at least, from a distance).

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: October 23, 2010, 05:01:38 am »

That is seriously cool.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: October 23, 2010, 07:29:24 am »

That is seriously cool.

Well, whenever I learn of something new, it will always show up again very soon.

In the Minecraft server I run, someone is making that. Block for block.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Yaaga

• Bay Watcher
  • "Mou... Yui-Senpai... Stop teasing me!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: October 23, 2010, 10:42:41 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Might as well post my new desktop, which isn't just the picture I use for it this time!
Minister of Luck - I directly affect everything in an indirect way that may or may not amount to anything! Yay me!

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: October 23, 2010, 10:48:41 am »

Daww
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: October 23, 2010, 05:39:09 pm »

mine isnt worth posting :P
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: October 23, 2010, 05:47:22 pm »

Lies and slander.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: October 23, 2010, 06:21:28 pm »

rocking openbox+tint2+xcompmgr+feh, dmenu (not pictured, but very nice), wicd, pidgin...
imagemagick's import didn't get urxvt at all

i'm really loving the linux synaptics driver: i can emulate some 2-finger gestures (tapping and scrolling) even though my hardware doesn't support multi-touch! <3 i've only had it for a coupe days and i'm already spoiled
Incredible isn't it? I felt the same way when I moved over to Gentoo. Linux does not only look nicer than Windows (Seriously, find me an os that looks better than that Openbox screenie and I will worship you forever), I find that it runs runs faster too.

Anyway, spent the weekend prettying up my desktop:
Gentoo Linux running Gnome, tint2, xcompmgr, Rhythmbox, and I also have a gnome panel hidden on top with a Mintmenu, but I couldn't get a shot of it. Not too happy with my window borders, I might end up spriting my own later this week.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #957 on: October 23, 2010, 07:12:20 pm »

One of about 400 or so wallpapers, a new one of which is randomly selected every ten minutes. Across the top is Rainmeter with Gnometer2, along the right side is RocketDock, where I keep all my icons, and the lower-left-hand corner is my corral for random shite (Stardock Fences).

All in all, very minimalist, the way I like it. Until recently, I was using Omnimo2, but I got sick of not being able to see my desktop past the boxes and such.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 05:32:39 pm by dragonshardz »

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: October 23, 2010, 10:29:03 pm »

>snip<
Incredible isn't it? I felt the same way when I moved over to Gentoo. Linux does not only look nicer than Windows (Seriously, find me an os that looks better than that Openbox screenie and I will worship you forever), I find that it runs runs faster too.

Anyway, spent the weekend prettying up my desktop:
Gentoo Linux running Gnome, tint2, xcompmgr, Rhythmbox, and I also have a gnome panel hidden on top with a Mintmenu, but I couldn't get a shot of it. Not too happy with my window borders, I might end up spriting my own later this week.

like the wallpaper :) looks like a nebula/fractal hybrid

just what from gnome are you using?

just earlier today i tweaked xcompmgr's options to make everything fade in and out. subtle but :)
looked a bit odd with openbox still animating minimize

booted into Win7 now... i'm missing my multi-touch... and i swear chrome's slower... granted i do have a couple more extensions here, but...
Spoiler: Win7 (click to show/hide)

I forget where I found that one, it's one of ~12. 1min change, shuffle.

gelbooru actually has some cool stuff mixed among the hentai >_>
it's where my linux wallpaper's from: http://img4.gelbooru.com//images/479/c6f69cffa6052744c0095abb2bc1c03016fa1fba.jpg?604395
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: October 24, 2010, 01:11:34 am »

Might as well post my new desktop, which isn't just the picture I use for it this time!
Daww
I imaged that the one person is preparing to break the neck of the smaller (shorter?) one.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 251