Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 251

Author Topic: Bay12's Desktops  (Read 388740 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12's Desktops
« Reply #780 on: June 29, 2010, 10:02:27 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Huh? it looks like a picture with a weird box hidden in the bottom corner.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

stummel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 29, 2010, 10:24:23 am »

Huh? it looks like a picture with a weird box hidden in the bottom corner.

the weird box is my overview panel for my desktop (6 screens). the selected screen is highlighted in light green. the other boxes you can see within the screens are shells, or applications ran from a shell. in this case in the upper middle firefox is running. in the lower middle i normally put my working shell. the upper left is only for administration purpose. and in the lower right there had been gimp running, as tool to take a snapshot.

i migrated this from work, because i appreciated it's efficiency (there are a lot of shortcuts, that i don't need a mouse).

if you are intested in: my windowmanager is fvwm1 (i don't like the fvwm2 syntax and didn't want to convert the whole config-file).

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 29, 2010, 02:32:30 pm »

Looks messy. Can you get the application names to show up uncropped?

stummel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 29, 2010, 04:33:04 pm »

well, should be possible. the last choice may be perl.

but do I need this? if 6 screens are all I have to remember... I'm getting used to invoke shells dependent on tasks on different screens. bottom right normally is irc. upper right is work / coding. bottom left university stuff. but of course it depends on being at work or staying at home.

edit: of course there are shortcuts, to invoke pop-up-menus, including one from where I could choose any terminal (with descriptive information about current status given) on the desktop. normally I don't use this. there isn't so much independent, but currently important stuff going on.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 04:37:23 pm by stummel »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 29, 2010, 11:19:44 pm »

I love multiple desktops on most Linux installs...is there a Windows equilivant?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 29, 2010, 11:22:50 pm »

I love multiple desktops on most Linux installs...is there a Windows equivalent?

This is relevant to my interests.

Alsp, yuo mispeled equivalent.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 29, 2010, 11:32:25 pm »

I noticed as I was hitting the post button, but I am too tired to edit a post to fix a misspelling.   
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 29, 2010, 11:51:27 pm »

You, sir, are a horrible person who deserves to spend five weeks at the home of an English major.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 29, 2010, 11:57:52 pm »

There are quite a few... just look up "Desktop Switcher Windows"  The XP powertoys let you switch up to 4... but I've seen other tools that allow similar operation.  Sad thing is though, I use Windows for work and I've tried these tools and none of them compare to Linux virtual desktop switchers.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Hoonboof

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 30, 2010, 10:48:43 am »

Arch x86_64, Gnome, DF and DT both running natively, oh and my dock at the bottom is Gnome-Do with the docky theme applied.

Normally I run Openbox/Tint2/Conky but the machines been through a bit of a revamp and I cant be bothered binding everything up in openbox right now.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 30, 2010, 01:03:47 pm »

???
What's Namoroka? A web browser?
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 30, 2010, 01:10:34 pm »

Since people appear to be posting their desktops with windows and whatnot open, here's mine:

Yes, that's a batch file that creates a random string of numbers over and over again.
Yes, it's quite creatively named matrix.cmd.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 30, 2010, 01:49:55 pm »

cool :)

arrrr, matey!
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #793 on: June 30, 2010, 02:04:35 pm »

I use Ubuntu's default theme, and a bunch of different wallpapers. I have some of Kerem Beyit's wallpapers. (If you haven't heard of him his website is here and he has a deviantart as well. He's a good professional artist. He's done a few things for WotC, and a few book covers.) Anyway, I'm not going to list my wallpapers or anything. Maybe later though. Oh also, my avatar is by him too.

Nice wallpapers to the rest of you.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 02:06:59 pm by CrownofFire »

Hoonboof

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 30, 2010, 02:52:42 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 251