Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28

Author Topic: Weirdo Mafia Round 1 Over! Day 3 Mafia Victory!  (Read 34983 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weirdo Mafia Round 1! Day 3!
« Reply #330 on: September 12, 2009, 03:41:48 am »

I really don't get your reasoning leafsnail. Diamron is dead and I was wrong. I see no reason not to offer advise. As for your other points I really don't think I'm acting nervous. Attempting to dismiss any attempts to lynch me is not suspicious, for reasons I'm sure you can work out.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 12, 2009, 07:24:42 am »

I understand the need for Panda to be lynched. He would destroy the town if he was scum. But I also feel JackRabbit is scum as well. Hmmm, who to vote for?

*counts votes*

Voe JackRAbbit That will give us a double-lynch. Correct?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 12, 2009, 07:25:50 am »

Oh boy. Understand that this is simply to keep me alive, I don't really believe Panda is scum.

Pandarsenic

Also, my name only has one capital.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 12, 2009, 07:27:39 am »

Also, can you point out why you think I'm scum?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 12, 2009, 07:29:46 am »

Well, I've generally been persuaded by Vector to be honest. Counter his claims well enough, and I will stop voting for you and switch to Panda instead.

Good luck.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 12, 2009, 07:49:02 am »

Quote from: Vector

'Kay. Looking back, I did act rather scummy. But allow me to explain my reasoning for voting Diakron.

You mean helping build the Diakron bandwagon, right?

I was the second person to vote for him, and the first to actually mean it. I didn't want to build a bandwagon, nor did I 'help', I simply believed, honestly, that he was scum.

Toonyman votes Diakron. I later find out he voted at random (I never should have 'just assumed' he knew something, my bad)

You have played Mafia before, so you have no excuse for searching out such blatant excuses to bandwagon.

Again, I'd like to point out that I wouldn't have voted for Diakron had he not acted strangely after being voted for by Toony. I would not have bandwagon'd. I know that seems confusing, but really, I didn't 'assume' that Toony knew anything, not at first. What happened there was a result of me posting without thinking (I call it '5 second posting') and ending up saying something but untrue and suspicious. I was not going to vote for Diakron at first, even though Toony did. I did not, until after I had my own (rather large) suspicions about Diakron, assume that Toony knew something and even if I didn't think he did, I was so sure by that point that Diakron was scum that it wouldn't have mattered.

... would not have voted Diakron had Diakron not freaked out in a suspicious way and, after that, made arguments that seemed to indicate he was scum losing his head and as good as saying that he would have OMGUS'd me if he had the chance (not to mention trying to), which further indicated he was losing it.

Run-on sentence indicating extreme nervousness.  Also, Diakron did not try to OMGUS.  He provided his reasons for suspecting you, just as I am now.  If you find reasons why you think I am scum and vote me, that is not OMGUS.  It is only OMGUS if you do so without any reasoning behind it.

The run-on was just the way I phrased the sentence. I assure you, I'm quite calm about this. It's just a game, and also I'm positive I can convince you that I'm town. As for the OMGUS, you're right, he didn't. I'll stop saying he did, I was wrong. Instead, I'll explain my reasoning. Here's how it went down.

I asked him if he was town and pep talk guy. Everything he had done thus far led me to believe he was. I was inclined to believe him and agreed to support him. Afterwards, he does aforementioned suspicious thing. I vote for him because of it. His mistake was assuming me believing him meant I always would. He FoS'd Toony for voting for him, saying he was just 'putting pressure on Org'. What? What does that mean? It seemed, at the time, massively suspicious. This caused me to vote for him, and everyone agreed. He acted totally suspicious and afterwards voted me because I supported him, then voted for him. Things change, circumstances change, he slipped up and then tried to do damage control, making it all worse. It was a chain of events he set in motion by FoS'ing Toony and I think that should he have been scum he wouldn't have acted much different.

I was wrong in the end but, meaning no offense to Diakron (seriously, I don't hold this against you or anything), he was not a good player. Making all the wrong moves and continuing to do so, the moment he came under suspicion he was pretty much doomed, because everything he said afterwards further suggested he was scum.

It's kind of funny that you're buddying up to your victim.  Also, remember the part where I said I thought he was town who couldn't figure out what his role did?  Maybe you should have paid more attention to that part... or you totally ignored it, because you're scum.

I'm 'buddying up' because it is a game. He lost, I was wrong, I like to think I was helpfully pointing out the events that lead to his demise, allowing him to play better in other games. He's dead, why should I not do this? As for your post, I should have paid more attention. I will in future.
Further tips for Diakron. If you come under suspicion, don't freak out the way you did and do things like try and prove the person voting for you is scum. It is really suspicious. You need to remain calm. Not doing so killed you.

Jackrabbit places flowers on the grave of Diakron and walks away

More buddying.  I don't trust you as far as I can throw you.

See above.

To those allegations I add a tendency to active-lurk, saying much but contributing little to the conversation in many cases.  How plead you, scum-bucket?

I don't get that, really. I actively tried to get a player (who at the time was being suspicious and scum-like) lynched. I don't see that as active lurking. As for all the other times, I'm just preventing lurking totally and also seeing if I can discern who's the most scummy.

Also, sorry for mixing you up with LeafSnail.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 12, 2009, 07:51:31 am »

Oh boy. Understand that this is simply to keep me alive, I don't really believe Panda is scum.

Pandarsenic

Also, my name only has one capital.

In that case, it's so very obvious that I'm going to have to OMGUS you, Jackrabbit.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 12, 2009, 07:52:13 am »

Alright, fine, unvote. Because I'm sure you're town and a double lynch would lose the game.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 12, 2009, 09:08:27 am »

So, now you've said it, would you mind saying who you letter bombed last night?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 12, 2009, 09:09:29 am »

Not going to unvote me? No?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 12, 2009, 09:14:44 am »

Wut?

oh yeh, I suppose so.. unvote it might come back if Vector gives another good argument however.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 12, 2009, 09:16:05 am »

Panda, do you have any real reason to vote for me past the fact I was forced to vote for you to stay alive?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 12, 2009, 10:55:18 am »

Hey, you've mostly done a good job.  Just two things where you seem to have not gotten the picture...

It's kind of funny that you're buddying up to your victim.  Also, remember the part where I said I thought he was town who couldn't figure out what his role did?  Maybe you should have paid more attention to that part... or you totally ignored it, because you're scum.

I'm 'buddying up' because it is a game. He lost, I was wrong, I like to think I was helpfully pointing out the events that lead to his demise, allowing him to play better in other games. He's dead, why should I not do this? As for your post, I should have paid more attention. I will in future.

I can believe that you might not actually understand what you're doing here.  The point is that you are still playing a certain role, and you are currently giving off a stereotypical show of remorse (flowers, etc.).  So, just to make this clear in the future:

Give him a helping hand when the game is officially over, and everyone is giving other people advice/complaining about clever ruses.  Don't do it in the middle.  It looks like you're 1. distancing yourself from the victim (saying it wasn't your fault and that he's a bad player), but also 2. buddying up to a townie and "acting like a friend" so you'll become innocent by association.

To those allegations I add a tendency to active-lurk, saying much but contributing little to the conversation in many cases.  How plead you, scum-bucket?

I don't get that, really. I actively tried to get a player (who at the time was being suspicious and scum-like) lynched. I don't see that as active lurking. As for all the other times, I'm just preventing lurking totally and also seeing if I can discern who's the most scummy.

Ah, see... I'm not talking about something in relation to Diakron.  When you were pushing him for information, you were doing fine.  What I mean is that you have many posts littered throughout that were utterly pointless.  I'm not going to point you at them directly right now (don't feel like it; I'm mildly ill and have a Problem Set of Death), but there's a multitude of things you've said that have little to do with 1. finding scum and 2. getting them lynched.

This is called active-lurking because you look active, but you aren't contributing much.  You're just cluttering up the board with things that don't need to be said.  Admittedly, Major_Sephiroth had something of that tendency as well.

Also, sorry for mixing you up with LeafSnail.

No problem.  I was going to say it was probably a sign of nervousness, but then I realized that both of us have green, rounded avatars.  So you're off the hook for that.

Unvote.  I'm currently waiting for Pandarsenic's bomb to go off, after which I will reconsider.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 12, 2009, 11:49:57 am »

Yes, let's wait for Sir Josh.  If I'm am right, Zai will come up Town and Mr.Person will come up scum.
That is, if Pandarsenic is telling the truth about bombing Mr.Person.  :p
I don't like how Jackrabbit defended himself by saying that everybody else thought Diakron is scum, so that is why he did it.  I don't like it.

This caused me to vote for him, and everyone agreed.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 12, 2009, 11:54:12 am »

'Kay. Looking back, I did act rather scummy. But allow me to explain my reasoning for voting Diakron.
You mean helping build the Diakron bandwagon, right?
I was the second person to vote for him

Is this supposed to be proving your innocence? Because it's really, really failing at that right now; the second and third voters in a bandwagon are the most likely to be scum.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28