Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28

Author Topic: Weirdo Mafia Round 1 Over! Day 3 Mafia Victory!  (Read 35073 times)

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weirdo Mafia Round 1! Day 2!
« Reply #225 on: September 05, 2009, 06:29:10 pm »

I was wondering how long I could get away with randomly bandwagoning for!

Unvote because I actually don't think you are suspicious enough for a vote, yet.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 05, 2009, 06:34:02 pm »

how did i try to get toony lynch huh? toony tried to get me lynched then i showed that HIS VOTES ARE HIS TO DEAL WITH. i cannot take back my motivation and he had plenty of time unvote so he just as guilty as i am yet no one said anything about toony.

Fake Edit: Wait i take that back but i forget who and where.

No, you voted for Org and then gave Toony two votes. Then - wait. Did you just say 'how did I try to get toony lynched?' Well, that's easy, YOU. VOTED. FOR. HIM. What the hell? That's ridiculous. I'm not even going continue to point out why, figure it out for yourself. Anyway, as for Org, you voted to 'put pressure on him'. By that point, plenty of people were voting for him, and then you gave Toony his two votes too. The fact that he'd vote for Org was obvious and if you didn't want Org to be lynched, you shouldn't have given him the votes in the first place. Don't whine about how he could have taken them back. Hello? He's not under your control, you couldn't know that he would take them back unless you actually had a conversation with him and agreed to beforehand. Your power to give two votes as good as killed Org and you can't complain that you didn't know it was going to happen, because it seemed pretty clear from my end.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 05, 2009, 06:34:36 pm »

I HAVE NO VOTE
Back to Mafia with me!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 05, 2009, 06:35:30 pm »

I apologize. I was wrong.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 05, 2009, 06:37:35 pm »

But if i turn out not to be scum then everyone now knows of one scum: Jackrabbit

However, the above does show you now have a vote. I do realize you did not have one when Toonyman voted for you, but regardless, should you have had a vote, you would have and don't deny it. You already OMGUS voted me and before that you said that you 'couldn't even OMGUS vote me back', clearly showing you would if you could (as evidenced by doing so later). A FoS is as good as you could do for an OMGUS vote against Toonyman and you tried.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 05, 2009, 06:38:15 pm »

i to mean to apologize to everyone as i now see i did not explain myself well enough at the start.

Since i am the depressed pep talk guy i have no vote i must give some1 else i agree with or is voting for the person i want to vote for to get a vote of any sort
Back to Mafia with me!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 05, 2009, 06:39:07 pm »

o i voted for you to show i had no vote vote counter please call for it
Back to Mafia with me!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 05, 2009, 06:39:47 pm »

ebwop: wait do we have a vote counter in this game???
Back to Mafia with me!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 05, 2009, 06:41:19 pm »

Oh, so you didn't vote for me. Well, it's a bit late now. It's already very clear that you were willing to freak out and OMGUS should you have the chance. It's just bad luck that you did, because it's more evidence that you're extremely worried (ie you didn't think before voting), which does not change my viewpoint towards your actions one bit.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 05, 2009, 09:27:56 pm »

For the Diakron/M_S double lynch to work, I unvote M.P and vote major_sephiroth.

This should make the scoreboard:

Diakron: Jackrabbit, Jackrabbit, Pandar (null), M_S, Leafsnail (4 total?)
Major_sephiroth: Mr.Person, ToonyMan, Meph, Zai (4 total?)

Please correct my mistakes. This is just a quick vote change to count how many votes Diakron and M_S both have. My mind's kind of on other things and it's late, so there is probably a miscount in there (such as forgetting somebody has such and such a role that has such and such amount of votes). And to address M.P's assertion that I've been "practically lurky": I've been sick the past few days, and today I went to a family reunion, so I haven't really been that focused on the Mafia games recently.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 05, 2009, 09:31:11 pm »

I'm not sure if I still have two votes, Diakron tried to remove it.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 05, 2009, 10:56:33 pm »

Well I'm going out in a blaze of fire it seems! Hell, better to die and leave a crater then to leave no mark.
i cannot take back my motivation
For the discussion. He said he can't take it back.

Also, Zai, I unvoted.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 06, 2009, 01:58:11 am »

Hmm, well, a double lynch will result in a vote for the MM, but I suppose it doesn't matter too much.

Note that I didn't say that Zai was lying - I just said he couldn't possibly have the role as it had been previously described, although if he only goes for the people who try to kill him, that no longer applies.

I've decided to make a ratings list for all the roles, from "Useless" to "Good".

Miscreant telepath - Sounds fairly useful, but the fact that they'll only have this and no other power role limits its strength.

Rule Changer - Not amazingly strong, but useful for getting a double lynch, I guess.

Word Bomber - Extremely useful, and the only player with a sortof nightkill.  If he sets his three words to something really difficult, like "I vote for", things could get hard.

Tomato Thrower - Very useful for town, but scum will seriously struggle to find any use for it, due to the public announcement.

Alexhans - This ability could come in handy, especially if he happens to get to the thread first (in which case, instant daykill) but can only be used once, and thus may not be all that powerful.

Mitigator Mutilator - As long as the town doesn't try to double lynch, he remains worse than a (theoretical) normal towny.  Once they do, however, he could become very strong indeed.

Strong silent type - Not much better than towny, it's almost impossible to post just once and not get massive suspicion on yourself.

Dishwasher - Protects from just two abilities, so not great.

Jack Bauer - Useful for fairly obvious reasons, but probably a lot more useful to scum, as a rolecop.

Depressed Pep Talk Guy - Worse than towny, since he doesn't have full control over where his one vote goes.

"nothing to see here" cop - A bit like a watcher guard, very powerful.  Much more useful for town than scum.

Hypnotist - Hmm, this could potentially mess up double lynches if the hypnotist is against them.  And the potential uses for scum is obvious.

Samurai - Great power,  but will probably be reluctant to use it due to single shot ability and potential suspicion if he kills a towny.

Blind Master Swordsman - I suppose this means he has to be set up the bomb, voted off or daykilled rather than nightkilled.  Potentially useful.

Loudspeaker guy - Not great, he hasn't said anything too important yet.  I suppose the scum could use him to taunt everyone.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 06, 2009, 10:32:16 am »

I just went back and looked how M_S described my role, and now understand why there was confusion about me "lying":

I know of the Blind Master Swordsman. He kills whoever targets him, but can't be sent to do night-kills for the mafia, if they are mafia.

This is not so. I kill only those who attempt to kill me.

Pandar needs to post, saying what he was doing at my house last night.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 06, 2009, 10:51:49 am »

Planting a word bomb obviously.  You can't be night killed and the scum does not like that.  I don't expect you to live today after Pandarsenic posts.

Of course, he can always wait, he's not getting lynched today so he can plant another bomb and cause two people to die.  If the Samurai is Town, please kill Pandarsenic.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28