Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28

Author Topic: Weirdo Mafia Round 1 Over! Day 3 Mafia Victory!  (Read 35023 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weirdo Mafia Round 1! Day 1!
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2009, 01:31:31 pm »

So everyone has posted at least once and has posted their known role.  That's nice.  And I second Meph: chaoticjosh definitely nailed the "Weirdo" part of the setup.  Congrats!

Here are what I have for suspicious thus far:
- Mr.Person voted Vector, immediately after Vector changed to Pandarsenic.  Might be scum semi-coordinating votes?
- Zai jumped on Mr.Person for not random voting.  Suspicious, but reaction was strong too.
- Jackrabbit is new; he could hide behind that as scum.
- major_sephiroth for pointing out that he wouldn't vote anyone.
- Jackrabbit followed Vector onto voting major_sephiroth.
- Mr.Person for OMGUS (albeit acknowledged)

For now, I think Mr.Person, Vector, and Zai are likely scum.  What do each of you have to say about that?

(Remember that this is just the first day).

So far as not voting on the first day goes, I'm not opposed to it so long as you are actively posting.  I don't always vote on the first day, but it's usually not a problem.  Part of that might just be that people don't notice if you don't say anything though.  ;D

Neither me nor Zaithemaster would pull something like that if we were a scum-team. Way too risky. Besides, I liked Vector's response. Maybe a little too thought out, but it's a good one.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2009, 01:32:33 pm »

Woo!  I'm not suspicious!  Oh wa--

FAKE-EDIT:

So we have a tie now.  Should we go for a double lynch?  We can yell out to the Rule Changer and he might change it (unless he's scum and one of the lynch targets is scum)

DOUBLE FAKE EDIT:

@Mr.Person:

You love your WIFOM.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2009, 01:38:44 pm »

WIFOM is a dish best served cold.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2009, 01:43:02 pm »

Piss off Leaf, you could have just ASKED me to do things, instead of randomly voting me.

FoS major_sephiroth. Random voting has no meaning. You just overreacted, which is a scum tell.

Also, Mr.Person:
Yes, how EVIL of me for not RANDOM VOTING the moment the thread started and not waiting for everybody to post their roles (which might matter, btw). You're blowing this out of proportion and acting insane.

Your acting very tetchy, is this because you are scum?

Nah, I just actually sound like that in real life. Also, "tetchy"? Never heard that word before.

Ok, screw OMGUS. I'm going to vote Zaithemaster. He overreacted to nothing, he's got others pushing me instead of himself (which is strange, considering I would consider Za very suspiscious and myself only somewhat suspiscious). I don't care WHO he's voting, I think he's scum and damnit, I'm going to vote him.

lul. Way to go. You just proved my random voting you correct by way of overreacting.

I had no actual problems with M.P. I was just pushing him to see if he'd break. Which he did. He's shown himself to be scum. To clarify: I held no belief in what I said. I was merely saying that stuff to see if he'd overreact, which he did quite nicely. I chose him because he had already posted and hadn't voted, which gave me an excuse to vote for him, no matter how weak. So I did. And he proved himself to be a Mafioso.

And if M.P gets lynched today, if he's not scum, I highly encourage everyone to lynch me tomorrow.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2009, 01:44:12 pm »

Oops, I unvoted in green instead of red.  Unvote.

It's difficult to choose, to be honest.  Both Mr Person and Zai seem to be at each other's throats for no real reason, and something I've seen in previous games is two townies locked in mortal combat while the mafia snigger from the sidelines.

Major_Seph also reacted surprisingly aggressively to what was clearly a random vote, but this could be put down to inexperience or stress due to lack of time.

In summary, while I do have suspicions and possibilities, all of these could be explained by aggression or inexperience.  I am concerned that the actual mafia members could, in fact, be just hiding in the shadows and waiting, allowing arguments and tension to cloak them.

With that in mind, I'm going to vote Org.  Due to the raised tempers everyone seems to have forgotton that he has barely spoken at all, and as far as I can see he still hasn't clarified his known role properly.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2009, 01:45:52 pm »

To clarify, I still have suspicions about MP, Zai (they aren't team mates, probably, but there's a good chance one of them is scum) and Seph, but I am voting Org in order to prevent the mafia from being able to get a free ride by lurking.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2009, 01:51:01 pm »

I've gotten in arguments with Town loads of time.

(Webadict and Eduren in Beginner Mafia)

(SniHjen in Paranormal Mafia Round 7?)

(Diakron in Vote Mafia III)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2009, 01:51:57 pm »

Well, yes, those were actually the three examples I had in mind.  It just seemed a bit rude to mention you by name.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2009, 02:58:54 pm »

Don't assume we're both not scum, you have to infer that and decide for yourself. Still, you may be right. I don't think you are, but you might. In any case, having the other people in the game voice their thoughts would be a good thing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2009, 03:11:50 pm »

2: How the hell do I know who is who until a day has passed?

The point is generally that the town trades a member in exchange for information.  So, my problem with you is that you are not providing information/analysis for the town on Day 1.  Either you can vote and try to get heated reactions, or you can observe and talk about your observations.  You are just watching, which is what made me think you are scum.

So, to move this process along:

Sephiroth, please tell us what you think of the sudden ruckus between Zai, Mr. Person, et al.

And now, for a compilation of some things that have happened since I last appeared:

Jackrabbit, I feel you are bandwagoning and active-lurking.  You jump on Sephiroth directly after I do as your second vote, and then your only post after that is to say you're staying on him because there is time.

Jack_Bread, Org, and Diakron really need to talk more.

ToonyMan, I find your pushing for a double lynch on the first day suspicious.

I initially didn't find Zai that suspicious, but his encouragement for us to lynch him seems rather WIFOMy.

Here are what I have for suspicious thus far:
- Mr.Person voted Vector, immediately after Vector changed to Pandarsenic.  Might be scum semi-coordinating votes?
- Jackrabbit followed Vector onto voting major_sephiroth.

For now, I think Mr.Person, Vector, and Zai are likely scum.  What do each of you have to say about that?

I am town.  Paint me with neither the brush of the scumtastic noobs nor the random proclivities of Mr. Person.  It is not my fault that they follow me.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2009, 03:34:35 pm »

Don't assume we're both not scum, you have to infer that and decide for yourself. Still, you may be right. I don't think you are, but you might. In any case, having the other people in the game voice their thoughts would be a good thing.
I wouldn't rule out the possibility, but I think we need to get people out of the shadows, as a mafia member hiding in the shadows for the whole game is extremely dangerous.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2009, 04:48:52 pm »

Jackrabbit, I feel you are bandwagoning and active-lurking.  You jump on Sephiroth directly after I do as your second vote, and then your only post after that is to say you're staying on him because there is time.

It's an unfortunate reality that me agreeing that Sephiroth is acting suspicious will, itself, come under suspicion. However, I do believe that he is scum, regardless of whether or not you continue to vote for him, I promise you. FoS at Zai (though if you could clarify, can I do that and retain my vote for Sephiroth? If not then no FoS for you!) regardless.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2009, 04:49:53 pm »

Oh, and to clarify, I'm over the whole 'staying because of time thing'. I now wholly believe he's scum.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2009, 04:56:31 pm »

I don't really care about the whole bit, because it could be just a mafia ploy to throw us off, or it could be legitimate, or they could be both town.  I don't know enough yet to cast judgement.

@Vector: I normally take a backseat role in most things, not just mafia games, so I guess that has carried over.
Also, Jackrabbit isn't that suspicious, he just thought the same as you did after I posted.

Hehe, I have a nemesis in Jackrabbit!

Josh, see below: Leaf isn't voting for me.
Oops, I unvoted in green instead of red.  Unvote.

It's difficult to choose, to be honest.  Both Mr Person and Zai seem to be at each other's throats for no real reason, and something I've seen in previous games is two townies locked in mortal combat while the mafia snigger from the sidelines.

Major_Seph also reacted surprisingly aggressively to what was clearly a random vote, but this could be put down to inexperience or stress due to lack of time.

In summary, while I do have suspicions and possibilities, all of these could be explained by aggression or inexperience.  I am concerned that the actual mafia members could, in fact, be just hiding in the shadows and waiting, allowing arguments and tension to cloak them.

With that in mind, I'm going to vote Org.  Due to the raised tempers everyone seems to have forgotton that he has barely spoken at all, and as far as I can see he still hasn't clarified his known role properly.
Well, it would seem that most of the votes are currently flying around due to anger rather than actual suspiciousness.  I'll unvote as Seph has posted his role, but FoS for overreaction.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2009, 05:00:19 pm »

He, I have a nemesis.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28