Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28

Author Topic: Weirdo Mafia Round 1 Over! Day 3 Mafia Victory!  (Read 35012 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Weirdo Mafia Round 1! Day 3!
« Reply #315 on: September 10, 2009, 05:18:23 pm »

I'm personally mildly curious as to why there are no tomatos tonight.  Either the tosser chose not to go tonight, or the nothing to see cop prevented them.

Meph, however, is absolutely right; we have to decide now if Panda is scum or not.  If he is, it would behoove us to have the samurai kill him off before he could use the bomb.  However, I'm inclined to say no; giving the scum a mafia-kill and an arsonist just seems way too overpowered.  Also, he hasn't been acting extremely suspicious; he gave out his role as soon as it was asked for, informed us of his code words, and has been generally helpful.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 11, 2009, 05:53:28 pm »

Hah, I know Pandarsenic.  He won't drop that bomb until the very end.  This is all very WIFOM.  I don't like it.  I believe my scum list to be correct so far, none of the accused have said anything to relieve scumminess from themselves.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 11, 2009, 07:46:12 pm »

Well, this looks like it's kind of dead right now.

But, just to keep things going...

Currently, I am wondering about Jackrabbit.  I don't trust your defense.  In fact, I am more suspicious of you now that you posted it.

'Kay. Looking back, I did act rather scummy. But allow me to explain my reasoning for voting Diakron.

You mean helping build the Diakron bandwagon, right?

Toonyman votes Diakron. I later find out he voted at random (I never should have 'just assumed' he knew something, my bad)

You have played Mafia before, so you have no excuse for searching out such blatant excuses to bandwagon.

... would not have voted Diakron had Diakron not freaked out in a suspicious way and, after that, made arguments that seemed to indicate he was scum losing his head and as good as saying that he would have OMGUS'd me if he had the chance (not to mention trying to), which further indicated he was losing it.

Run-on sentence indicating extreme nervousness.  Also, Diakron did not try to OMGUS.  He provided his reasons for suspecting you, just as I am now.  If you find reasons why you think I am scum and vote me, that is not OMGUS.  It is only OMGUS if you do so without any reasoning behind it.

I was wrong in the end but, meaning no offense to Diakron (seriously, I don't hold this against you or anything), he was not a good player. Making all the wrong moves and continuing to do so, the moment he came under suspicion he was pretty much doomed, because everything he said afterwards further suggested he was scum.

It's kind of funny that you're buddying up to your victim.  Also, remember the part where I said I thought he was town who couldn't figure out what his role did?  Maybe you should have paid more attention to that part... or you totally ignored it, because you're scum.

Further tips for Diakron. If you come under suspicion, don't freak out the way you did and do things like try and prove the person voting for you is scum. It is really suspicious. You need to remain calm. Not doing so killed you.

Jackrabbit places flowers on the grave of Diakron and walks away

More buddying.  I don't trust you as far as I can throw you.

To those allegations I add a tendency to active-lurk, saying much but contributing little to the conversation in many cases.  How plead you, scum-bucket?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 11, 2009, 07:51:26 pm »

As the sun starts to set, you all get an eerie feeling, and the walls start to bleed! Wait, it's spelling something! It's the vote count!

Pandarsenic: ToonyMan
Jackrabbit: Zaithemaster, Vector

I'll be ending the day Today at 10:00 P.M. Eastern Time, -5 GMT, which is only and hour and 10 minutes from now.

but I'm thinking about extending the day to allow more activity.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 11, 2009, 07:57:45 pm »

Agh, dammit.  Here's how it goes.

If Pandarsenic is town:

1.  We lynch him, bad for town.
2.  We don't lynch him, he plants a bomb on who he suspects, gets NK'ed, not bad or good for town.
3.  We don't lynch him, he plants a bomb on who he suspects, doesn't get NK'ed, good for town.

If Pandarsenic is scum:

1.  We lynch him, he'll probably blow the bomb and kill 2 town, good for town anyway.
2.  We don't lynch him, he plants ANOTHER bomb on town, town loses completely the next day.

Don't you see something?  If he is scum and we don't lynch him, WE LOSE.  I will say again, I support a Jackrabbit and Pandarsenic lynch completely.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 11, 2009, 07:58:59 pm »

And yes, a day extension so everyone playing can read up and post their thoughts.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 11, 2009, 08:00:07 pm »

Very risky, Toony, if both are Town. But, you're right, Pandarsenic is death if he's scum so I'll vote Pandarsenic.

I do not particularly support a double-lynch, however, unless people are quite sure that at least one of them is scum.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 11, 2009, 08:03:38 pm »

Don't you see something?  If he is scum and we don't lynch him, WE LOSE.  I will say again, I support a Jackrabbit and Pandarsenic lynch completely.

Agh, I was thinking we'd already lost if he was scum, so we should focus on getting one of his buddies... but then I rethought, and you're right.

Also, Vote Day Extension.

I still think we shouldn't do a double-lynch unless we're in Lylo or are guaranteed to win.  It just seems too risky, especially after what happened yesterday.  I may join you once I'm done grilling Jackrabbit, however.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 11, 2009, 08:07:34 pm »

Well, to tell the truth, even though I still think Panda is town, I'm terrified that the opposite is true.  We would lose automatically.  If he's town, he's likely to be NK'd tonight if he has planted a bomb on scum.  So, I'm going to vote Pandarsenic in case the day isn't extended, and then Vote for a day extention
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 11, 2009, 08:08:29 pm »

I also vote for a day extension.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 11, 2009, 08:19:05 pm »

A 24 hour day extension will be granted.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 11, 2009, 08:25:27 pm »

What does that make the Day's end?
Come play Mafia with us!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 11, 2009, 08:33:44 pm »

Same time on Saturday

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 11, 2009, 11:24:58 pm »

Just for reference, I'm probably setting off my bomb just to see if I was right if I'm getting lynched. So... yeah. :V Your call.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 11, 2009, 11:26:56 pm »

Just for reference, I'm probably setting off my bomb just to see if I was right if I'm getting lynched. So... yeah. :V Your call.

I know you will anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28