Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28

Author Topic: Weirdo Mafia Round 1 Over! Day 3 Mafia Victory!  (Read 34995 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weirdo Mafia Round 1! Day 3!
« Reply #300 on: September 09, 2009, 11:14:59 pm »

I think he meant they would do this all really close to the end of the day. But yes, we're just going to have to assume the letter bomb is town, unless we choose to lynch him today. If he's scum and alive tomorrow, town loses. So we've got to decide right now: Is Pandarsenic town? I'm leaning yes, but I'm not sure.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 09, 2009, 11:21:42 pm »

See belowzor!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 02:40:05 am by major_sephiroth »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 09, 2009, 11:28:50 pm »

I'd say he is, because he didn't kill Zai yet.

Uh... I am busy doing homework, but I felt the need to say something.

You're dead, Sephiroth.  You don't get to be more than a memory.

Will be back much later, unless someone else posts something equivalent >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 09, 2009, 11:57:56 pm »

I'll agree that Pandarsenic is most likely town. There would have to be some major counterbalance if he was scum, and I just don't see it.

Not sure yet who is scum, since I'm just now catching up with everything that's  been going on here. I'll try to do some analysis on this game tomorrow and be more helpful. I never realized just how much missing the first few days of the game matters!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 10, 2009, 12:28:31 am »

Ignore this and the above post of mine. I honestly forgot I was dead!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 02:39:56 am by major_sephiroth »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 10, 2009, 01:44:25 am »

'Kay. Looking back, I did act rather scummy. But allow me to explain my reasoning for voting Diakron.

Toonyman votes Diakron. I later find out he voted at random (I never should have 'just assumed' he knew something, my bad) and (I must make this clear) would not have voted Diakron had Diakron not freaked out in a suspicious way and, after that, made arguments that seemed to indicate he was scum losing his head and as good as saying that he would have OMGUS'd me if he had the chance (not to mention trying to), which further indicated he was losing it.

I was wrong in the end but, meaning no offense to Diakron (seriously, I don't hold this against you or anything), he was not a good player. Making all the wrong moves and continuing to do so, the moment he came under suspicion he was pretty much doomed, because everything he said afterwards further suggested he was scum.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 10, 2009, 01:46:38 am »

Gah... must edit... no!

Further tips for Diakron. If you come under suspicion, don't freak out the way you did and do things like try and prove the person voting for you is scum. It is really suspicious. You need to remain calm. Not doing so killed you.

Jackrabbit places flowers on the grave of Diakron and walks away

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 10, 2009, 09:47:10 am »

Major_Sephiroth, I feel the need to remind you that editting your posts is against the rules. This is explicitly stated in the OP. This is a warning, if I see you doing it again, I'll be forced to take more drastic actions.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #308 on: September 10, 2009, 09:52:15 am »

Spoiler: "I seek revenge" (click to show/hide)
You send a pm to the mod and the reply comes smeared with blood.  You go to his inbox and discover that he has been stabbed repeateadly in the chest by the REAL Alexhans.

Luckyly for this... er... "game"... the mod is a reviver so he is able to resume his modding tasks.

The show must go on.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 10, 2009, 11:49:40 am »

Alexhans is scum!!

Hehe.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 10, 2009, 12:30:47 pm »

Major_Sephiroth, I feel the need to remind you that editting your posts is against the rules. This is explicitly stated in the OP. This is a warning, if I see you doing it again, I'll be forced to take more drastic actions.

But nevermind the fact he posted after he was dead.

In any case, we need to get this game back on track. Who hasn't posted anything today, we need more people to talk. Come on out!
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 10, 2009, 12:37:27 pm »

Panda has a point. The letter bomber does sound more like a towny role. However I feel that it could still be scum.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 10, 2009, 02:59:55 pm »

Panda has a point. The letter bomber does sound more like a towny role. However I feel that it could still be scum.
It would be broken as Scum in our current setup.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 10, 2009, 03:05:15 pm »

But we do not known what sort of roles Josh has given the town.

We could have The 'nothing to see here' cop. That is a powerful role. Or the Samurai, another Powerful Role. I believe there is a way to even out the brokenness of a Scum letter bomber.

Also, out of curiosity:
If someone else apart from the letter bomber says the trigger words does it go off?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 10, 2009, 03:28:17 pm »

But we do not known what sort of roles Josh has given the town.

We could have The 'nothing to see here' cop. That is a powerful role. Or the Samurai, another Powerful Role. I believe there is a way to even out the brokenness of a Scum letter bomber.

Also, out of curiosity:
If someone else apart from the letter bomber says the trigger words does it go off?

No.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28