Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28

Author Topic: Weirdo Mafia Round 1 Over! Day 3 Mafia Victory!  (Read 35047 times)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Weirdo Mafia Round 1! Day 1!
« Reply #120 on: September 03, 2009, 07:40:49 pm »

Zai is relatively suspicious (at least suspicious enough to get 3 votes on him).  On the other hand, Org isn't really helping, even is he is town.  So I'm thinking about voting on one or the other (to break the tie).  Unless of course, the Rule Changer changes the rules, then we can just go ahead and lynch them both.

Thoughts?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2009, 07:41:58 pm »

I am doing stats, studying for a quiz/test, and doing a plot diagram. No, I do not have time to do anything. Okay?

Then why'd you sign up?

• Be active! I frown heavily on inactivity, and may result in being banned in future game(s). Don't join if you know you're going to be inactive, and if something unexpected comes up, tell me, chances are I'll understand.
....Because it is my homework for today? I dont know the homework I have before I go to school.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2009, 07:44:27 pm »

I'll vote Org for not being helpful.

After Alexhans pulled off the super-lurker-scum strat once, I'm not letting it be repeated.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 03, 2009, 07:53:57 pm »

Wait. What? Org is voting for himself? And Jackrabbit's not on the list? By 'Org,' did you mean Jackrabbit? o,0 [Pre-Post Edit:] Okay. Josh fixed it.

But bah. Wait. Mother fucker. Jack_Bread. He still has his vote on me, which was supposed to be a random vote. He hasn't posted since, and because he's the Strong Silent Type (which has 2 votes if he only posts once), I will be lynched if I don't change my vote to Org, which would produce a tie, meaning no one would be lynched. I would much prefer if people were to help lynch M.P, as I am convinced he is scum, but Org not so much. If Org remains inactive (the reason people are voting for him, apparently), he should be modkilled, so voting for him would be useless, except to have a tie. But a tie gives that one role (can't remember the name; the one that gains votes permanently after a tie) more votes, which is risky if they're Mafia.

But really. Townies. It is in the best interest of the town if I am alive for at least one night. I can say no more, however, as that would make me useless for the town. =/

Josh. Can we vote for a Day Extension? And if so, and one were to receive enough votes, how long would the extension be for?

Mr.Person is scum. I merely tried to use a different strategy than usual this game of breaking a random person to see if they're scum. M.P provided a pretense that wasn't just "he hasn't posted yet lol".

Ah well. If I am lynched today, let something be gained: 1) M.P is scum. 2) M_S is likely scum. 3) Kashyyk may be scum (he hasn't responded since I FoS'd him, so I'm not entirely sure about him); he was ready to jump around as soon as anybody provided a reason to jump 4) I don't trust Janus.

And that's pretty much it.

[Pre-post edit:] Okay. Well. Pandar provided the tie vote. One more is necessary to break it. I won't change my vote from M.P though. I know he's scum. But I don't know if Org's scum. I'm not going to change my vote from someone I know is scum to someone I don't just to save myself. That could very well be an anti-town move, which I am not willing to make.

And to Josh: I hate you right now for making a role that encourages lurking. To "quote" something you've said before: What the hell were you thinking? Or something else: What the hell is wrong with you? Note: This is said quite loose-heartedly; Josh should get what I'm saying, considering he's said it before. This isn't quite serious at all.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 03, 2009, 08:05:03 pm »

If another person votes for the day extension, I'll extend it by an hour, but if there's more then I'll consider extending the day until sometime tomorrow.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #125 on: September 03, 2009, 08:14:11 pm »

Zai, I know you're wrong on at least one count and throwing suspicious about without having the whole story.  I'm not thrilled with Org's lurking (or any of the other lurkers), but Zai seems somewhat more dangerous at this point.

So far as your *useful at night* then you are a Word Bomber, Nothing to See Here, Tomato Thrower, or Jack Bower.  (And the scum could figure that out as readily as I could).

- If you're a Word Bomber, then you have the ability to daykill.  Could be useful, but rather dangerous if you're scum.
- If you're Nothing to See Here, then you can stop the scum from killing someone (and get a tiny bit of info).  But you have to know who the scum is targeting beforehand.
- If you're the Tomato Thrower, then you'd be useful if you manage to hit someone that moves at night, but not exactly thrilling.
- Jack Bower is the most useful of these roles for you to have, but I'm not sure if would actually help us enough to bet on you happening to have that vs you possibly being scum and using it to identify targets.

Overall, I really don't see what you might have that is so very important that we should spare you unconditionally.  It just looks like a scum move.

I'm going to unvote and vote Zai unless there is a reason in the next hour 45 minutes to change that.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 03, 2009, 08:27:43 pm »

Zai, I know you're wrong on at least one count and throwing suspicious about without having the whole story.  I'm not thrilled with Org's lurking (or any of the other lurkers), but Zai seems somewhat more dangerous at this point.

So far as your *useful at night* then you are a Word Bomber, Nothing to See Here, Tomato Thrower, or Jack Bower.  (And the scum could figure that out as readily as I could).

- If you're a Word Bomber, then you have the ability to daykill.  Could be useful, but rather dangerous if you're scum.
- If you're Nothing to See Here, then you can stop the scum from killing someone (and get a tiny bit of info).  But you have to know who the scum is targeting beforehand.
- If you're the Tomato Thrower, then you'd be useful if you manage to hit someone that moves at night, but not exactly thrilling.
- Jack Bower is the most useful of these roles for you to have, but I'm not sure if would actually help us enough to bet on you happening to have that vs you possibly being scum and using it to identify targets.

Overall, I really don't see what you might have that is so very important that we should spare you unconditionally.  It just looks like a scum move.

I'm going to unvote and vote Zai unless there is a reason in the next hour 45 minutes to change that.

I'm actually none of these. My role has already been revealed as someone else's known role. It'd actually be quite a useless role if I were scum, at least with the other roles that have been revealed.

So. To clarify, I suppose. My list of who I think is scum, in order of how sure I am:

Mr.Person > Major_sephiroth > Kashyyk = Janus

This will only be believable after I die and am proved to be town, though. If I am to be lynched today, I encourage everyone tomorrow to lynch M.P. He's scum. Also, keep pressure on M_S, Kashyyk, and Janus. And Org, if you are so inclined. HOWEVER. I trust Org more than I trust these four, which is why I will not vote for him even to save myself. However, for Org not to be lynched tomorrow (if everyone chooses to be stupid and ignore what I say), he must be more active to not keep people suspicious of him, and must be more useful than he normally is.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #127 on: September 03, 2009, 08:38:11 pm »

I'm actually none of these. My role has already been revealed as someone else's known role. It'd actually be quite a useless role if I were scum, at least with the other roles that have been revealed.
This much is obvious, because everyone revealed their roles.  Unless chaoticjosh is doing something new and exciting, then we know everyone's roles.  Everyone has "someone else's known role."

If/when you die today and turn up town, then I'll give some more consideration to your list.  Until then, I think that you are acting more like desperate scum.

Although I would like to get some other people to post their opinions before the day ends. (And at least one more vote either way, because at my own last count, the votes were still tied).

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 03, 2009, 08:42:25 pm »

I'm keeping my vote on Org for being a douche.

ALSO, VOTE COUNT.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 03, 2009, 08:43:30 pm »

I'll start drawing conclusions tomorrow. For now, my vote stays.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 03, 2009, 08:47:13 pm »

This much is obvious, because everyone revealed their roles.  Unless chaoticjosh is doing something new and exciting, then we know everyone's roles.  Everyone has "someone else's known role."

If/when you die today and turn up town, then I'll give some more consideration to your list.  Until then, I think that you are acting more like desperate scum.

Although I would like to get some other people to post their opinions before the day ends. (And at least one more vote either way, because at my own last count, the votes were still tied).

Jesus motherfucking Christ. Either you're being unusually dense or you're scum. What I was saying was that you're (quite conveniently) excluding a very useful role for the town in your little list of possibilities of my role. Whatever. Fine.

Roleclaim: Blind Master Swordsman.  I kill anyone who tries to kill me at night.

Revised list of my suspects:

M.P > M_S = Janus > Kashyyk

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 03, 2009, 08:47:45 pm »

The night is drawing near when all of a sudden, the lights go out! You scramble around for a few seconds when someone flips the lights back on. You find that the board which had all the rules has been hastily editted. The "Ties result in no-lynches" has been changed to "Ties result in double-lynches".

You're not quite sure who did this, but there's no arguing with the almighty board, and so it stays.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 03, 2009, 08:49:39 pm »

Oh dear.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 03, 2009, 08:50:28 pm »

Still not changing my vote to Org. I'd rather be the lone townie to die than possibly be responsible for the lynch of another townie. I just haven't been proven enough that he's scum.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 03, 2009, 08:51:16 pm »

But, if I read the vote counts correctly, you'll both die. I'd suggest voting for org if only to prevent the death of two possible townies.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28