Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: The Ages of Random RTD Turn 3, age Norse, Jet's likes to TK  (Read 10334 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Ages of Random RTD Turn 3, age Norse, Jet's likes to TK
« on: September 01, 2009, 09:59:54 am »

I've got this idea of an RTD that you get say 2 to 4 quests per "age" and when you complete them the game skips ahead a few hundred years.  What the future will be like is affect by what you did in the previous ages.  I'd like this to start around Norse times, then go to early dark ages, then the middle of the dark ages, late dark ages, early iron age, mid iron age, late iron age, modern, slight future, far future, distant future.
    Open to suggestions.
    Sign-ups are now I'd like
 Name:
 Age (years old)
 Bio:

Basically in each new age your a reincarnate of your previous self, we will know everything our last selves knew and have all their abilities, if you get an item that is "Soulbound" to your character, your reincarnate will have it.

Players:
1.Runar
2.Hrotgar
3.Fireheart
4.Sven
5.Ragnar
6.Diakron (what sort of Norse name is that ?!?!?!?)

Waiting:

Current Age: Before life began.

Basic RTD rules. Oh and if you want to learn any magics you will  have to learn it before the late dark ages.  After that you can train but can't learn new ones.  You can also only learn skills associated with each age, like blacksmithing in the dark ages, mechanics in the iron ages, nano-tech in future ages.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 01:01:32 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: The Ages of Random RTD
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 11:22:33 am »

Name: Runar Förgöraren (Runar the Destroyer in English)
Bio: A proud viking warrior, he has spent a large part of his life out at sea, raiding and pillaging his enemies. But now he shall embark on the greatest journey of his life...
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 11:36:44 am »

Name: Hrotgar Ulfrik
Bio: A man that fished since he was a child he made a few great catches in his life
and kept his village away from starvation because of his freaking good fishing skills

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 11:54:42 am »

Fireheart Starfollower
Bio: A brave man driven by exploration and discovery, he's always ready to try something new.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 12:25:30 pm »

Sven Oleson
Bio: A student of healing lore, herbalism and the spirits he is one of the people that help take care of injuries and the departed souls for his village.
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 12:43:29 pm »

Name: Ragnar Advicearmy http://www.behindthename.com/name/rayner (Ragnar is apparently the Scandinavian cognate of Rayner, which comes from Raganhar. The first part of Raganhar means advice, the second army, so Advicearmy. He's called Ragnar Ragnar. If you don't like it, ignore it.)
 Bio: A charismatic but hotblooded woodcutter, never refusing a challenge when stumbling upon one.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 05:33:53 pm »

Name:Diakron
 Age (years old) 27
 Bio: An oddball, who uses his minds more then his muscles to get things done
Back to Mafia with me!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 07:10:42 pm »

Turn One, Age Norse Begins!

Your village fell under siege from the English that live on the main continent.  The fierce battle that ensued killed all the other men of your village.  Vowing revenge you six brave hero's set off on a quest to destroy the english, and stop them from killing anymore of your people.  However to be able to get to the english, you must first acquire a boat.

Location:Destroyed Village: All around you is burning houses and the bodies of both the norse and the english.  Somehow in your hearts you know you are the only ones alive. There is a shoreline to the east.

Current Quest:Acquire a ship.

Surrounding location:North-A desolate wasteland, there is nothing of interest here.
                            East-The ocean, there is no way you can travel across it.
                            West-The deep woods, many wild animals roam here, far to the west lies the rest of your people, though it would take many days traveling to get there.
                            South-Great Plains and burial grounds, the wretched english seemed to have come from this direction.  The spirits of your ancestors reside here.

Runar:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hrotgar:

Fireheart:

Sven:

Ragnar:

Diakron:

Your party has nothing but the clothes on their backs.  What do you do?
Nom nom nom

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: The Ages of Random RTD Turn 1, age Norse
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 07:46:14 pm »

I'll look for a weapon among the bodies

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 09:28:27 pm »

i learn Lightening magicks
Back to Mafia with me!

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 11:51:00 pm »

I call out for the gods to grant me the strength to avenge my fallen brothers.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 11:56:11 pm »

I offer a quick prayer to the gods and search for a weapon.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 05:05:42 am »

> make a fishing rope of whatsoever

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2009, 10:45:39 am »

Bury the dead in as traditional a manner as possible. With the english heads at their feet (since they can't be buried in a boat)

Call upon our ancestors and the spirits of the deceased to be with me and to strengthen and guide us. (Spirit magic)
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2009, 11:04:19 am »

Turn two Norse age:

I'll look for a weapon among the bodies
As you search among the dead you find (4) an Englishman's iron short sword and shield.

i learn Lightening magicks
Praying to the god of lightning, Thor (1), a small lightning bolt strikes you on the head, dealing (2) only enough damage to fry your hair.

I call out for the gods to grant me the strength to avenge my fallen brothers.
You scream to the havens "GODS GRANT ME STRENGTH SO I MIGHT AVENGE OUR BROTHERS!!!." (5) As you extend your hands to the haven's another lightning bolt strikes your hands, as the light fades you see a great war hammer has been given to you by the gods, Thor's hammer gained.

I offer a quick prayer to the gods and search for a weapon.
You pray to the gods (1), who ignore your parers, searching for a weapon (1) you manage to find nothing but broken junk.

> make a fishing rope of whatsoever
You begin to make a fishing rope (5), only to see an un-damaged rope and fishing net lying not far away. Fishing rope, and net gained.  You feel as  if simply having the net has made you a better fisher.

Bury the dead in as traditional a manner as possible. With the english heads at their feet (since they can't be buried in a boat)

Call upon our ancestors and the spirits of the deceased to be with me and to strengthen and guide us. (Spirit magic)
You begin burying the dead (3) and manage to make some shoddy burial sites, as you finish your work you call upon the newly buried dead (2), however nothing happens.

Turn two

Your village fell under siege from the English that live on the main continent.  The fierce battle that ensued killed all the other men of your village.  Vowing revenge you six brave hero's set off on a quest to destroy the english, and stop them from killing anymore of your people.  However to be able to get to the english, you must first acquire a boat.

Location:Destroyed Village: All around you is burning houses.  Somehow in your hearts you know you are the only ones alive. There is a shoreline to the east.  The dead have been buried, however some piles of equipment still lay around.

Current Quest:Acquire a ship.

Surrounding location:North-A desolate wasteland, there is nothing of interest here.
                            East-The ocean, there is no way you can travel across it.
                            West-The deep woods, many wild animals roam here, far to the west lies the rest of your people, though it would take many days traveling to get there.
                            South-Great Plains and burial grounds, the wretched english seemed to have come from this direction.  The spirits of your ancestors reside here.

Runar:

Hrotgar:

Fireheart:

Sven:

Ragnar:

Diakron: