Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Racebell! (also known as yet another anonymous succession game)  (Read 11601 times)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: Racebell! (also known as yet another anonymous succession game)
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2009, 11:15:45 pm »

DAMMIT ah well. I'll just put the stuff I've managed to write here and finish the damn year already. (Pics later).

25th

Construction will begin soon... I tingle with anticipation.

Slate 206

1st

I've managed to get the food stocks up, although we'll actually be needing less now that Cilob is dead. Not that that's a good thing in any way! Not at all.

3rd

They tell me Rigoth has begun his masterpiece.

It looks like I must now begin mine, if I mean to finish while I still have all of this power. The year is not as long as it seems.

5th

Ugh. Most of the dwarves I've assigned to build my creation are too busy upchucking the last meal they ate to build it well. Bloody weaklings. I give them their ale privileges back, and this is how they repay me?

7th

Rigoth has finished his construction. It is a granite grate named Mebangishdist: Steamfreezes. I am... underwhelmed.

There is one thing about it, though: the old fellow certainly knows his history.

12th

Had to move the build site... It appears that it would have obstructed traffic had I built it where I originally planned. Bloody caravans and their width...

14th

Kogan was ambushed by a pair of rat men while out hunting. I'm told there were pieces everywhere. I'll have to look into giving her a permanent military position.

15th

Today I realized that architecture may be a teensy bit harder than it looks. Who could have known that removing a supporting wall would collapse the structure directly above it?

Thankfully no one died, but the masons have been giving me dirty looks.

The elves left not long after this.

20th

I realized today that we are running quite low on copper. I've designated a chunk to be dug out of the mountain, but our best miner has been out of commission since I started my term here.

27th

The new migrants arrived today. They were accompanied by a strangely dressed dwarf named Aban Tulonbisek. He says he can tame any animal and smelt any metal. As for myself, I've decided I'll ignore him. I don't like how he looks.

Felsite 206

4th

Decided to scale down the construction. As it stands now it is too large to be completed within the year, even with the new migrants. It will stand only twenty dwarves high.

11th

Not very much has been happening lately. It appears my son died (I'm not quite sure how) so I'm in a bit of a funk. I will channel by grief into sculpture.

14th

After some persuasion from Homicidalcaptain (it involved plenty of flexing), I've begun construction of a bunker near the sewer entrance of the fortress. Goblins will face a veritable pincushioning should they decide to attack through that avenue.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2009, 02:09:46 am »

w00 update! death! towr or something!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2009, 08:09:59 am »

Guys, I've got upcoming exams. But update coming tomorrow.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2009, 10:39:23 am »

Can I get a spot please?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2009, 08:12:36 pm »

Sure... Also, Update tomorrow. Great. That went well.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2009, 07:26:00 am »

(I'll finish the damn year tomorrow, I promise.)

27th

Things are going slow. Spent the past two weeks in bed just for kicks.

On the other hand, we welcome Deduk to our happy, healthy work force.

Get hauling, kid.

Summer 206

Hematite

1st

Summer rolled in. I barely felt the temperature rise, what with the magma men and the fire imps jeering at us from below the forges. Someone should shoot them. Honestly.

2nd

I went out to oversee the construction earlier. Apparently after two months of work we have only finished the feet. This is unfortunate.

8th

The bunker is mostly complete. Come and get us, goblins. I'LL SCULPT STATUES OUT OF YOUR SKULLS.

10th

Greedy pigs ate all the fish. As if mountain goat wasn't good enough for 'em. Bored with the same old food lately my dwarven butt.

16th

The enemy has come. I hope they like the taste of +goblin bone bolts+, because that's what they're getting.

Humans and their unnatural bathing habits. They'll get what they deserve, and perhaps I'll get some inspiration.

Later

The humans have set up camp. what are they planning?

17th

The humans are still milling about their camp. Meanwhile, Tacken has been reelected. Strange creatures, my fellow dwarves...

19th

That's it. I'm sending Dobar out to deal with these lowlifes. Perhaps Homicidalcaptain can get his share of kills as well. He assures me that 16 humans against 4 dwarves will be no trouble at all.

22nd

A complete and utter rout. Homicidalcaptain is a good captain, if a little homicidal.

The humans dealt with, construction can now resume.

Malachite

1st

It's been a month and only the first few levels have been completed. I'm beginning to contemplate simply building a giant tower off which to throw elves.

7th

Death tower Construction is proceeding smoothly. We've dug into the mountainside for more materials.

9th

Note to self: digging directly into the side of the mountain is a terrible idea.

10th

Another one! This time it's some farmer. It seems insanity is widespread here.

12th

He's started his construction. It appears he got his hands on one of the iron bars we had lying around.

27th

Death Tower's going up.... and Up... and UP.

Galena

1st

Tacken and the stone detailing squad are busy smoothing out what we shall call Death Pit. I need something to test it on, however.

Perhaps one of the cats that is so fond of wandering around the fortress.

No matter. That can wait until the completion of Death Tower.

Later

I went down to look at the engravings and saw this.

He is apparently deathly afraid of spiders.

9th

The tower is rising. Eight levels up now, according to the will of Armok.

27th

Fourteenth level now. When I climb I can almost taste the sweat of the gods.

28th

Oh dear, the farmer who'd been struck by a mood earlier on has gone insane. Who will grow our crops now?

He won't be missed, sadly.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2009, 07:33:45 am »

Sweet!
Soo... When did we get into war with the humes?

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2009, 07:40:43 am »

I dunno. I was actually surprised to see the U's instead of g's.

Maybe they just got mad. Probably a liason or caravan got ganked by goblins.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2009, 04:17:10 pm »

huh... well thereyago.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2009, 12:36:59 am »

Geez. This suspense is killing me. It's like I don't know where your tomorrows end and mine begin!
Just run it in the background while you do other stuff. It's what I did, and I basically did it all in an afternoon.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2009, 02:18:41 am »

Just for the record, I live in a place where the days last 48 hours.

(Autumn and Winter incoming.)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2009, 02:43:30 am »

... one of the tartics? Or iceland or something? I'm actually really curious.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2009, 02:49:07 am »

I was joking...

Although, doesn't night in the far north last 6 months or something?

Anyway, I'm a few days away from the end of Autumn, posting when it's done, and when I can upload all the pics.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2009, 03:57:20 am »

Yeah. Must suck to be them. Or is it three? I dunno.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2009, 04:07:47 am »

Autumn

Limestone

1st

Expecting a goblin raid this season. After seeing how Homicidalcaptain and the rest of the military handled those humans, I'm not the least bit worried.

15th

A Caravan has arrived, along with the liason.

18th

The Caravan is inside the fortress. So is the liason. It's taking them forever to unload.

24th

I'm told there have been kobolds attempting to steal our goods. The only evidence I have for this is all of the kobold pieces now lying around.

25th

The dropoff point is being built now. The tower is only 16 levels high, but that should be more than enough to kill any unfortunates we decide to drop from it.

Sandstone

4th

Tacken met with the Liason today. Whatever comes out of this is not likely to be good, but perhaps we can get some new materials, assuming the Liason is not too stingy.

7th

Soon we will see how long it takes for a horse to reach terminal velocity, when violently thrown from the top of a tower.

10th

Tacken tells me that Besmar wants some strange exports. Thankfully he left not long after this.

Later

So that's where Mebzuth went.

12th

And in conclusion, 16 levels is far more than enough to kill something.

18th

The merchants left today, carrying a whole lot of useless junk and leaving us with mountains of food.

20th

The defensive wall is complete. I had to use wood and felsite, since we have literally thousands of the latter on hand. The result is rather odd.

22nd

Iton finally died today, from thirst. Considering that he was standing right next to the canal for the entire time, he deserved it.

Also he was apparently a friend of Tacken's. Which poses a problem, since he was the one dwarves went to with their problems. Who will he go to?

25th

The dumping platform is finally linked. Now all we need to do is place the cages of our enemies on the edge of the bridge, and pull the lever.

I will paint this mountain with blood.

I've also added a jail block at the base of the tower. It appears that Mebzuth died when Homicidalcaptain decided to beat him for failing one of Tacken's mandates.

Hopefully this will prevent the further loss of anyone useful.

27th

Hm.

This does not bode well.

Timber

3rd

Jail's complete, but they seem to have left a mule in one of the cages.

6th

I know I should be butchering them for food, but... I just can't help it.

There's something poetic about a horse sailing through the air only to come crashing down.

And explode.

11th

You see foals, I see foal tallow biscuits.

12th

And there goes another one. This can hardly be good. And a stonecrafter too. I'll bet she's trying to steal my thunder.

15th

I've told the carpenters to add a hut for the hunters so that they have a place to rest between slaughtering defenseless animals. It's shaping up fairly well. I've also had the stone detailers smooth the walls of the barracks.

21st

Athel completed her masterpiece today.

I can't help but be impressed.

29th

Where are all the goblins?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 06:45:00 am by Vester »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6