Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Racebell! (also known as yet another anonymous succession game)  (Read 11599 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Racebell! (also known as yet another anonymous succession game)
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2009, 03:02:45 am »

AUTUMN

And my fellow dwarves are here! So I should be able to get something off them, if they don’t get eaten by something.

FUCK! Well, come on in, goblins. Homicidal is starting to get edgy... more edgy than usual.

Oh shit... they’re sniping off the merchants... One of them has already gotten a bolt to his leg. The mountainhome is going to be pissed.
Oh great. I tell Homocidal about the goblins, and the stupid fuck is currently charging the other way at a group of shit-scared mountain goats. This guy is unbelievable!
Well... the merchants fucked off... so no trading this year. Looks like I’ll have to make some walls or something so we can hold the cocksuckers hands as they roll in through the gate. Don’t tell me that they haven’t been ambushed on the way here.
Other than that I seem to... FUCK!

Great. So now they goblins, blood hungry fucks aren’t happy just fucking over the dwarven merchants, they now go for the guild master who I just finished a meeting with! How is he going to tell the merchants what I want!? How fucking inconsiderate!

Oh, there goes my fisher dwarf. Meanwhile the goats are dead and Homicidal is now charging BACK towards the goblins. Let’s hope he gets here in time. As in, just after they kill the fucking pansy.
RIGHT. He ran back, to the fortress and went to sleep. Looks like I’ll just have to send his champion squad out.

That’s right! Eat it! Obviously homicidal taught his squads well. Remind me to never look into his teaching methods.

Oh, another ambush. Just as I told them it was safe to go outside too... Oh well. I sent the reliable blockhead after them. Apparently he wasn’t too happy when he found out his squad stole his kills. Like they’re going to wait for him to finish his Rhinoceros nap.

Well apparently he gave himself a patrol route in the middle of COCK NOWHERE last year, so he’s been running back and forth, and killing nearby helpless animals for the last two mins.

Well I cancelled the patrol route, and he shot off, killing a hapless mountain goat on the way, before chewing through the goblins like the machine on the production line of death.
Just in time for migrants to arrive. Fuck. I hate migrants.
And apparently the metalsmith has fallen down the stairs and killed himself.
Designation, designation. Everyone who isn’t useful, smooth walls for me. Easy way to deal with annoying shit.
Anyway, now I’ve decided to ban the export of brass. How about we make a mandate that’s easy to follow for once... and I found out what happened to the Metalsmith. No wonder Homicidal looks happy. At least the peasant looks to be settling in to the job ok.
Great. We’ve run out of copper. And there’s no iron. Time to start opening up the mining tunnels.
Though I can’t mine anything yet with these shitty substitute miners. I’ll need to wait until winter, and hope that the cocksucker decides to heal by then.
Here’s some new news

MAGMA!
Seems our mining tunnels opened up a magma pipe. I’m lucky he dug there first, otherwise he might be burning at the bottom of a mine shaft right now... and I really need those picks.
So. Ignoring the magma, it’ll figure out what to do with itself. I’m making WEAPONS! Training weapons. Well, apparently in the city management course, silver is less likely to hurt people. I don’t know the physics behind it, I fell asleep. But I guess I’ll find out.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 05:11:29 am »

WINTER
Well... winter has arrived, and the miner still hasn’t healed. Don’t ask me about it, I’m gone as soon as this season is out. I’m only locked in the contract for a year, and there’s nothing that Urist Mcbulgingveins can do about it. Although... The idea of lording it over this place is pretty appetizing. Oh well, the decisions can wait until the end of this season. Until then, I just have to worry about not getting sieged, not getting flooded, with water or magma, not being eaten, and not making eye contact with Homicidal.
I’ve begun to start the delicate process of arming my dwarves. Somehow I think that if Homicidal got a hold of a weapon, nobody would be taking it off him. Well... nobody with arms, in any case.

And now a child has gotten the weird looking eyes. I guess I’ll just have to keep an eye on him.
There’s too much stone around the place, and it’s getting my OCD itch up. I’m going to dump it now, and maybe when I’ve got a better slavehorde workforce, I can drop it through a chasm or something.

And my moody child gets ambushed. Problem was, the bloody crossbowman didn’t even lose his fingers. Instead:

Kills him, just like that. Shot him in the chest, and he flies back about 5 feet and dies. What a little sod. Fortunately Homicidal comes to save the day, by slaughtering absolutely fucking everything in a hundred meter radius. Now that he’s got his new silver hammer, he’s happier than a kid in a room full of stone mugs and suspicious levers.
A goblin master thief snuck in. A woodcutter was in his road.

He has no throat. Looks like I need to des up a peasant for that too. Also, I locked the motherfucker in. Homicidal should be along soon.
Woodworker died. Actually took a while. Weird.

And now to gracelessly exhume the dead, and move them to the new and improved tomb site. Hooray!
I’ve got my champion squads equipped. Except for two left overs, a champion and a wrestler. I want to keep them off duty until he at least becomes an elite wrestler. Apparently it saves the back pains.
The days are creeping up. It’s 16th obsidian already... I can’t wait to step down. I can’t manage this hellhole any longer. It’s draining my soul. No wonder Homicidal is the way he is... this place... is evil. And I’m not only talking about the troglodytes, olmen, frogmen, lizardmen, cave crocodiles, fire imps, magma men, antmen, giant bats and gremlins. The goblins too. And the kobolds. They’re everywhere. Everywhere...
*After heavy counselling by Homicidalcaptain Lathonathel and his new silver hammer, Tacken stepped down as ruler, and reverted to a simple life of nobility, engraving, and brass. The fortress reigned in chaos until the next... unwitting... ruler stepped in.*

MP Blood toll: 3
Total Deceased dwarves:13
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 05:20:39 am by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 06:09:14 am »

Hehe nice.

Homicidal and his silver hammer for the win.

I guess I'm up next?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 06:21:02 am »

Enjoy. I dare you.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 12:49:01 am »

Well, I gave it to Vester... she must be busy with something.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2009, 12:51:38 am »

Okay, I got it. (sorry, I wasn't checking my email. Heh.)

I'll get started today, probably have an update by later.

EDIT: I'll need 40d11 for this, right? Where do I download it? All I have is 40d.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 12:53:11 am by Vester »
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2009, 01:27:04 am »

Just run it straight out of the folder :D It should all be taken care of, you could just keep it on the desktop.

EDIT: Damn... I can't put up the fortress maps either. I'm really the wrong person to be hosting this.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 01:33:22 am by Tack »

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2009, 03:48:15 am »

Gah! The archive won't extract, it gives me a "the archive is damaged" error message.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2009, 07:29:51 am »

Well... The one I've got is unzipping, though I've got ultimatezip. I could send it again?

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2009, 08:27:06 am »

Yeah, try that. Maybe it didn't attach properly.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2009, 04:25:13 am »

Okay, I've got my hands on RACEBELL! and am playing through spring. Update forthcoming. missing a critical file.

EDIT: Sigh. It's screwing up again. Hey Tack, could you email me the index file from your DF Data folder?

EDIT2: 3 words.

GOD DAMN IT.

EDIT3: Never mind, fixed it all up. Update coming soon!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 04:56:05 am by Vester »

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2009, 07:41:24 am »

Aaaand updated!

Here's the z-screen at the start of the year...

And the dwarf I picked:

The journal of Vesta Udarasmel, Sculptor

Granite 206

1st

I can't believe this. I simply cannot believe this. I'm sitting in the meeting hall, minding my own business, when this peasant named Simbo or Sibrek or something comes over to me and tells me I've been chosen to lead Racebell. And I was in the middle of thinking up a new scuplture, too. It figures.

This place is huge, and there are only about 50 or 60 dwarves, all slaving over the demands of the previous two rulers, Homicidalcaptain and Tacken. Nutjobs, if you ask me - spend all of their time killing goblins or keeping records.

And now, here's the gravy on the +kitten tallow roast+ - Tacken may have handed the rulership over to me, but he's still officially the mayor.

I need a drink.

Later

I went down into the stockroom to have a drink, and gazed into the fiery depths of Hell itself.

The guard down there told me that dwarves were forbidden to drink alcohol, under order of Mayor Tacken! Madness!

I set about rescinding his order. Whatever reason he had for doing so, to separate dwarves from their alcohol is a sin against nature.

3rd

There is little I can do for now, as I settle in. I have commissioned myself a room to be dug out in the main living area. I will not separate myself from the people - unlike certain other rulers I could mention.

No silver doors for me: my quarters will be of nothing but Granite and  Orthoclase. Better than metal any day.

I have made Sibrek, the peasant who Tacken sent to inform me of my new rulerly duties, a part of the military. Let us see how he likes sparring with Homicidalcaptain.

Along with him I drafted Cilob, a useless potash maker. Fertilizer? Hah!  Fertilizer is for the Elves!

7th

The inspiration has struck me again - and such an appropriate time, too! I see it now - it will be glorious. Oh, thank Armok for this opportunity - I will not waste it.

I will need glass.

13th

While musing over my inspiration, I came to the horrific realization that we are entirely out of meat and fish. I told Kogan, one of the useless do-nothings who hang around the fort, to go and catch us some mountain goats to eat.

I do hope he grabbed some armor and weapons on the way out. I'd hate for him to have to wrestle a goat barehanded.

15th

Those filthy backward cannibals have come. They had better have some fancy goods if they want to leave here with their ears still pointy.

Perhaps they will have dogs. I like them for their loyalty.

17th

Rigoth, one of the miners I had sent to dig out a cavern, is behaving strangely.

I believe that fell carp have possessed him. It is sad to see such a fine worker go to waste. He was a-

Horror of horrors! I've just been informed that Cilob, one of the new recruits, was killed! It appears that a giant bat was the culprit - I must take measures to deal with it before I can begin my scuplture.

Later

Rigoth has run downstairs and has taken one of the Mason's Workshops. It seems we will not lose him after all.

What an Armok-blessed day.

20th

Cilob has been avenged. Catten, one of our champions, took that horrid giant bat to task. He will be toasted tonight in the great hall.

21st

Praise Armok! The elves - bless their non-backward, non-filthy, completely ethical ways, have brought sun berries! Now we can toast each other in style!

Tacken traded them a silk loincloth for all of the berries in their pack. His business sense is astounding, despite all of the insanity he was involved in last year.

22nd

Rigoth has been sketching pictures of rough gems and flashing them in my face. I do not know what he is off about, but if he does not stop, I will send him to show them to the Magma Men.

Later

Asob tells me that Rigoth is undergoing what the sawbones call a "Strange Mood". I had better get him what he wishes, and fast - they say that if he fails in his masterpiece, insanity will follow.

I know the feeling well...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2009, 07:28:07 pm »

wOO

Also, Do not blame the alcohol on me. Blame homicidal.
Also, I never wanted to be just another cunt noble. Not my fault for being elected

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2009, 05:13:54 am »

Vester is taking AGES!

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2009, 07:46:35 am »

Yeah, a lot of school stuff came up. I haven't even been able to update my avatar-drawing thread recently.

Don't worry, full update's coming tomorrow.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6