Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Embark item screen quick item deletion + genned world fo  (Read 805 times)

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Embark item screen quick item deletion + genned world fo
« on: February 25, 2008, 03:58:00 pm »

Embark item screen quick item deletion
On the "Choose your starting equipment" screen it would be handy with a button that removes the entire stack of, say, Dwarven Wine [20] with a single press. 'd'elete seems ideal.

genned world folders named after worlds
When a world is generated it is put in a folder regionN. Since the folder names don't affect the game, could they be named after the world? Just so's The Continent of Incontinence doesn't become region3 on the Start New Game screen.

My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.

herrbdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Embark item screen quick item deletion + genned world fo
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 05:41:00 pm »

Or, for the embark screen SHIFT+'+' and SHIFT+'-' would be +/- 10 units of goods. It would make embarking easier.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 08:24:00 pm »

quote:

genned world folders named after worlds
When a world is generated it is put in a folder regionN. Since the folder names don't affect the game, could they be named after the world? Just so's The Continent of Incontinence doesn't become region3 on the Start New Game screen.

A hell no i am playing with two wordls that are the same(one is Moded). The technical prob is that if the Folders get the names of the Worlds you overwrite the older worlds if they have the same name. The names of the most worlds are choosen by random and there is a chance that you create a world thats name is the same as the name of an older world that you are still playing.

Quick item deletion on Embark is a good idia i think.

[ February 25, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 05:32:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Heph:
<STRONG>A hell no i am playing with two wordls that are the same(one is Moded). The technical prob is that if the Folders get the names of the Worlds you overwrite the older worlds if they have the same name.</STRONG>
Not necessarily. It already makes region folders without overwriting, and those start over at 1 if you delete the old regions, so just tacking a number onto the end in the case of duplicates shouldn't be a problem.
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 06:23:00 am »

I don't see what the problem with the current system is.  It already says the name of the world and the name of the folder it's in on the start new game screen.

The delete thing is a good idea.  I'd also add that Shift+d should get rid of all items.

[ February 26, 2008: Message edited by: Ioric Kittencuddler ]

Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 03:42:00 pm »

It says it in dwarven, which it doesn't display you when the world is generated (or is it when you're embarking? eh, one of them), and I can't read dwarven.