Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24

Author Topic: SG5 - The Next Generation [Signup full for now]  (Read 45396 times)

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SG5 - The Next Generation [Signup full for now]
« Reply #165 on: September 11, 2009, 08:40:33 pm »

Wow.

there are like 70 orcs outside

Jesus christ

We have a drowning chamber (And IRC chat) for a reason.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 12, 2009, 01:15:16 am »

i just charged the orcs with everything i got.

hilarity insude.

so, every one is dead. does the next guy want to reclaim or play from the last save?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 12, 2009, 02:37:07 am »

I'll start from the previous save. I heard that reclaiming screws over magma forges that use hidden magma pipes.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Canageek

• Bay Watcher
  • Badwolf
    • View Profile
    • Ruminations of a Canadian Geek
« Reply #168 on: September 12, 2009, 11:25:34 am »

Is the IRC channel still active? I'm on it, but no one is in it, and its not registered so I'm op. I must say, this thread has been extra awsome: SG4 was a bit dull, but now that the fiction is back things are getting intresting again.

kurisukun: That...was...amazing. You took a simple turn and made it a sparkgear turn. Kudos.
nil: Also a good read, even if it didn't make me laugh aloud as kurisukun's turn did.
realmfighter: Didn't that get banned in the rules since we know it does not work?

Finally a request: I know typically only rules and special people get dwarves but could I have a miner named Dante? His goal is to dig into hell. I know there is no HFS, but *HE* does not know that. You don't have to use him for anything other then normal mining. For all he knows hell could be where those bedrooms need to be excavated from.

Edit: Decided to do something about the IRC being dead: http://widget.mibbit.com/?settings=9d24b2e64c7a404a82a3d4b3233332be&server=irc.rizon.net&channel=%23Sparkgear

mibbit is the best IRC webportal and all you have to do is click that link to get to the sparkgear channel, figured that would make things a touch simpler.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 11:33:02 am by Canageek »
"That is, I repeat, conjecture. But I cannot see a more probable way in which that plant, intended to be kept secret, could come, quite suddenly, to be found in almost every part of the world."
    -William Masen, The Day of the Triffids

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 12, 2009, 11:46:07 am »

realmfighter: Didn't that get banned in the rules since we know it does not work?

No, it is simply frowned upon for being stupid
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 12, 2009, 02:21:00 pm »

How do you work the drowning chambers? Also, when does my turn end?

In any case, the orcs left pretty fast when they realized I couldn't figure out the drowning chamber...no need to charge them with all the dwarves.

Also got a legendary armorer. Now if we just harvest some of the steel and crucible steel lying around, we can get an awesome military.

EDIT: Thanks to goblin ambushers, my FPS is hovering around 9....
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 04:52:02 pm by darkflagrance »

DaPatman

• Bay Watcher
  • GoL FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 12, 2009, 05:48:02 pm »

I think it ended about fourty-five minutes ago.

In any case, there's a good chance I'm gonna have to skip my turn. I can't get my laptop's power cable working, and I'm not using the desktop computer for two reasons: first, I'm going to be out most of tomorrow, and second, it's a piece of shit that took half an hour just to get me to this page from when I logged on so I wouldn't use it even if I could.
I don't want to set the world on fire
Oh wait, I do.

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 12, 2009, 05:50:20 pm »

How do you work the drowning chambers?

F2 is the hotkey for the dining room/living quarters/Lever Room.  Hit (N)otes to see a description of what each of the levers do.

2 levers control floodgates which block off the tunnel, one for the left side and one for the right.    Your first step is to leave those open till the orcs are on their way, and then pull them before they can actually get into your fortress, thus luring them into their certain doom.

Then another lever turns on the flooding pump which will rapidly flood the chamber, drowning the ocrs to death.

once they're all dead and you've turned off the flooding button, there's another lever to open up the drain, which will suck all the water back out into the aquifer.  Once it's emptied, close the drain (so your dwarves can get by and caravans can come in)  And you'll be good to go.

If DaPatman can't go, I'll totally take his turn.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 12, 2009, 06:03:24 pm »

I'm uploading now.

For some reason, the fps has been awful thus far, bottoming out at single digits. I would not blame anyone for bypassing my turn.

I'm not sure what the cause of the fps crash is...I only mined out three small sand chambers and killed goblins. Could it be because I walled off the cavern where Vieto's project went wild?

Link:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1418

Write-up:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 07:13:42 pm by darkflagrance »

DaPatman

• Bay Watcher
  • GoL FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 12, 2009, 07:07:52 pm »

If DaPatman can't go, I'll totally take his turn.
Feel free to do so, but I've downloaded the save and am going to see if I can fix the problem with my laptop, so don't post your save unless and until I post to confirm that I couldn't get it working.
I don't want to set the world on fire
Oh wait, I do.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 12, 2009, 07:14:32 pm »

It seems that Kurisukun has gotten the save to work, so it looks like the problem is with my computer.

Canageek

• Bay Watcher
  • Badwolf
    • View Profile
    • Ruminations of a Canadian Geek
« Reply #176 on: September 12, 2009, 07:19:41 pm »

Sep 12 19:42:57 <kurisukun>   Okay, Since I have a lot of mining to do, and I dont' want to make rocks, I now have set 2 peasents on to be miners.
Sep 12 19:44:15 <kurisukun>   Also, Dante the soapmaker has begun his search for hell, cause I'm anice guy like that

WOOT!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Once I get some information on how he is doing and is likes/dislikes I'll write the soapy hell song that he sings as he digs.
"That is, I repeat, conjecture. But I cannot see a more probable way in which that plant, intended to be kept secret, could come, quite suddenly, to be found in almost every part of the world."
    -William Masen, The Day of the Triffids

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 12, 2009, 10:17:55 pm »

Does anyone know where this Werewolf came from?

And why it was trapped in the Carp Caging Area?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 12, 2009, 10:47:02 pm »

You're gonna spend 10 days finishing the plans for your megaproject but one day to execute them?

Yes. I need enough time to plan the third through 14th floors. If there is not enough sky, I will dig a pit and build up from there. This will ROCK. (harharhar?!)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 13, 2009, 12:49:44 am »

actually, I think I won't be able to take my 15th turn. Homework is beginning to pile, and I still have to finish DFM2.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24