Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: What's with Children's Cartoons Nowadays?  (Read 37284 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's with Children's Cartoons Nowadays?
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2009, 07:11:11 pm »

The url is invalid!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2009, 07:14:27 pm »

Google is never invalid!

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2009, 07:18:08 pm »

Silly me, forgot to paste in the youtube link. It should work now.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2009, 07:34:46 pm »

Animals of Farthing Woods
Oh I get it, ha ha.

Anyway let me see what its like...

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2009, 07:36:11 pm »

What Toonyman said.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Chud

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2010, 02:14:29 pm »

If you ever watch chowder, check for the sex jokes in there, there are a bunch.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2010, 03:39:53 pm »

Geez, kids these days with their meaningless and pointless cartoons. Back in my day, we watched stuff like Animals of Farthing Woods, which thought us useful stuff like proper parliamentary procedure.

But seriously, watch that show, it's awesome. Most of the characters die, and it's heart-breaking each time.

Whoa... tombstoned right from the beginning.  Didn't expect that.  Interesting stuff, thanks.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2010, 03:59:33 pm »

I've stopped watching children's cartoons. Is that odd? I mean, back when I was 8 or 9, they were exactly what I wanted, and now my brothers are reaching that age, it's exactly what they want. It doesn't bother me at all that cartoons are changing to suit a different audience, there's plenty else on TV and other places.

psyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2010, 04:37:40 pm »

Geez, kids these days with their meaningless and pointless cartoons. Back in my day, we watched stuff like Animals of Farthing Woods, which thought us useful stuff like proper parliamentary procedure.

But seriously, watch that show, it's awesome. Most of the characters die, and it's heart-breaking each time.

Whoa... tombstoned right from the beginning.  Didn't expect that.  Interesting stuff, thanks.
lol... based on your usage of "tombstone" I expected DJ's link to be a cartoon from the '50s. Wyatt Earp TV series.

Does anyone know what cartoons were like between the '30s and '70s?

The Willow Wisp

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably not a tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2010, 04:47:45 pm »

I missed this thread when it was first started so I'm going to be quoting things buried pages back.

The only cartoons a remember well from my childhood were Ed. Edd, n Eddy, Batman the animated series, Tom and Jerry, Loony Tunes, Poke'mon, and X-men:Evolution(was on the far end of my childhood). At the time I loved them all and the nostalgia they bring makes them fun for me to watch now.

Oops! I missed the opportunity to participate in this thread. But I'm going to quote this post, never mind it's buried in 5 pages ago.

I LOVE Samurai Jack.

"Tale of X9" is one of my favorites... in fact, many episodes where Jack gets very little time on the screen are very great... strange, huh. Like that one where a bunch of villains gather to defect Jack and rhyme about their plans, and in the end, Jack defeats them all before a drop of water hits the ground...

Probably the thing I think should have been revived and finished. The story was awesome, the animation style was cool, and the whole idea was pretty great.

Batman, the animated series, was really awesome. It got pretty dark sometimes for the time slot it was on. The new batman - The Batman plain sucks - especially the Joker. Mark Hamill was good. In fact, I would say, if anyone should play the joke now - with the right makeup - maybe he could do it. Idk - Heath Ledger made the joker so much darker.

I personally like The Batman, as well as the old animated series.. On a non-cartoon note, I didn't like the Heath Ledger Joker. To me, the joker should be more demented than dark. He shouldn't be placing moral quandries in front of people, he should be executing convoluted plans that make sense, but seem like way too much trouble to actually attempt. All while cracking bad, yet awesome jokes.

Watch the episode of the Batman where joker poses as Batman and does to jay-walkers and litterbugs what Batman does to gang thugs and tell me it isn't just perfectly devious.

Ed, Edd, n Eddy was funny when I was little, but now I laugh so hard I can't breath. Unlike most cartoons which get less funny as you age, it got funnier. Probably because I understand the crazy plots and more subtle jokes.

Your point about Pokemon is fair, but it's what I grew up with. 'Tis sad though that Pokemon is practically taboo to talk about nowadays, but that's unrelated.
I'm in High School and we openly discuss how awesome the original poke'mon are. We even play the games during down time in my Programming class.

The reason for Time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2010, 06:02:03 pm »

I'm in high school and I (as well as my friends) are always playing the Pokemon games. Pokemon makes for fun DS and Gameboy games, but the show is just... blegh.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2010, 06:13:32 pm »

Ya, the Pokemon shows were horrible for the most part, but the gameboy game was pretty much the entry drug for RPGs.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2010, 06:14:34 pm »

Pokemon was the first cartoon I ever ever watched.

My God did Ash have an annoying voice.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2010, 06:22:29 pm »

My God did Ash have an annoying voice.
Kind of a mix between nails on a chalkboard and a metal grinder.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2010, 06:44:28 pm »

Digimon Digimon DIGIMON CHAMPIONS.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15