Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25

Author Topic: The Captain's Log- Spiritwood  (Read 61293 times)

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
Re: The Captain's Log- Spiritwood
« Reply #165 on: October 20, 2009, 06:12:50 pm »

Yeah, it's not pleasant.

Get well soon!
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 20, 2009, 06:27:50 pm »

Tell them - no, show them - you're writing an awesome story.  They'll have to treat you.

But yeah, that sucks.  Get well soon!
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 20, 2009, 11:31:40 pm »

Get better. Otherwise I shall have an irresistable urge to kill off Cirius the Archbishop.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 21, 2009, 02:29:59 pm »

Aww man, that sucks. Get well or else.  ;D
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 21, 2009, 07:02:14 pm »

Get well soon, i really like your story.  ;)
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 06, 2009, 11:36:49 pm »

Bump for the greater good!
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 07, 2009, 12:22:47 am »

... I think he's dead. Please don't be dead.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 07, 2009, 01:33:37 pm »

I think you're being overly pessimistic. Please don't be a pessimist. ;)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 07, 2009, 01:57:09 pm »

OH MY GOD DO NOT BE DEAD!

i didnt even think of that...
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 07, 2009, 04:48:02 pm »

What are the chances he's dead?

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 07, 2009, 07:10:03 pm »

Well the mortality rate for swine flu is about 1%.
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Servu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 16, 2009, 12:56:41 pm »

So Cirius is dead now? What a downer.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 16, 2009, 01:57:02 pm »

So Cirius is dead now? What a downer.

Heh.
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Cirius

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saga Master of Spiritwood
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 17, 2009, 03:48:01 am »

Brains...

Sorry, no, I'm not dead. Even now I am sat at my desk churning out the next installment of Spiritwood. Needless to say it has not been a pleasant few weeks, forgive me if I don't go into the rather unpleasant details. I'm still not 100%, so don't expect a work of brilliance, but I should be ok enough to churn out at least something vaguelly readable.

Should have an update for you in an hour or so, I'm feeling a little sorry for Labs though, as he's now had his foot in that latrine for almost a month.
Arch-Bishop Cirius started at the ringing of the bell, which signalled the arrival of a pilgrim with a problem to throw at him. It was always a problem. Nobody ever came to say the hymns with him... Or say happy birthday.

Welcome to Spiritwood

Cirius

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saga Master of Spiritwood
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 17, 2009, 04:14:15 am »

The camp was in utter turmoil. The darkness was illuminated in spots by hastily lit torches that threw an ominous red glow on the dwarves fighting for their very lives. Diesalot may have been the first to fall to the curse of the undead, but the plague had already spread with rapidity. Before Labs was able to raise the alarm, over a dozen slumbering dwarves had been infected, and their irrational hunger was hurling them against a hastily erected defensive line. The casualties were not however all the work of the dead. An unfortunately lethargic dwarf had arisen amongst the shouting with a deep moan, wondering what on earth all the shouting was about, only to find himself neatly decapitated several moments later by an over-zealous axe-dwarf.

Even Kubluk had found himself forced to hastily draw his blade, as from the shadows a snarling dwarf lunged, its arms outstretched in an unnatural embrace. His skills with the weapon were modest, but sheer adrenaline thrust his blade deep into his assailant’s heart.

“So, how do you feel about that?!” Kubluk shouted in triumph, before sliding his sword out from the wound. The zombie looked down momentarily as a pile of entrails dropped bodily from the gaping hole, before growling once again. Kubluk swore and took a step backwards, once again raising his sword and taking another stab. From over to his right came the familiar voice of Othtar.

“The head you fool, stab him in the head!”

Kubluk cursed his own stupidity, and swung his sword around in an arc that would have impressed Pythagoras himself. Its majestic sweep was however brought to an unfortunate end as the blade ended up wedged in the dead dwarf’s gorget. Kubluk released his grip from the sword and waved his hand furiously in agony, swearing numerous curses at various dwarven deities as he danced in a circle. The undead dwarf looked on with mild curiosity at Kubluk’s dancing antics, uncertain as to whether to continue its assault. Moments later the decision was made for him as a whirling blade from the darkness split his head almost in two.

“Anyone see where my sword went?” came the distant cry of Teach.

As visceral and high budget the combat was, a small group of newly undead dwarves proved no match for the military dwarves that guarded the caravan. Through perseverance, and the usual optimistic dwarven attitude to combat, the defenders finally slaughtered the last of the infected. The survivors gave a ragged cheer, and began to clear the bodies. Within less than a minute, an argument had broken out over who killed who.

Othtar stepped out from the darkness, wiping his blade clean of blood. He nodded to Kubluk, who was still sucking his hand and muttering to himself.

“You’ve the makings of a beserker there my friend,” Othtar chuckled. “If you’re going to scream and swear during combat, you could at least keep fighting whilst you’re doing it.”

Kubluk looked down, where the decimated remains of his recent attacked lay in the dirt.

“Did I do that?” he asked, his memory of the last few minutes a little hazy.

“Teach got in the killing blow, not that he noticed, but you made a pretty good mess of it beforehand.” Othtar remarked. “You’re not a professional soldier yet, but you’ve certainly got something going for you.”

Kubluk finally took a moment to look around. The camp had been utterly wrecked by the combat. Possessions lay strewn across the clearing, a wagon had been toppled onto a deadite, whose legs twitched from underneath. Kubluk sighed.

“How many did we lose?”

“Casualties haven’t been confirmed yet, I’m guessing twenty.” Othtar replied.

“Where did they come from?” Kubluk asked finally. “I thought we had sentries on the perimeter all night.”

“That human we brought with us. He must have hidden a wound from us, turned in his sleep. Diesalot must have gotten too close,  and ended up the carrier.” He paused, and his brow furrowed. Moments later, without a word, the commander turned and began to methodically pick through the debris. Kubluk looked on as Othtar moved quickly around the camp, checking every body he passed.

“What are you looking for?” Kubluk asked.

Othtar looked up, and stared fixedly into Kubluk’s eyes. “The human. His body is not here.”

“He must have wandered off. But that’s good, surely?”

“Depends on where he’s going. He knows where we are.”

Kubluk swore under his breath.

“Time to leave?” he asked.

“Time to run.” Othtar answered. He barked into the night. “Leave the bodies, pack your bags, we’re rolling in five minutes! Grab what you can, leave what you can’t.”

Even as he yelled his orders, from far in the distance an unearthly moan of hundreds of soulless voices rose from the fog. A legion of the dead were approaching.
Arch-Bishop Cirius started at the ringing of the bell, which signalled the arrival of a pilgrim with a problem to throw at him. It was always a problem. Nobody ever came to say the hymns with him... Or say happy birthday.

Welcome to Spiritwood
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25