Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25

Author Topic: The Captain's Log- Spiritwood  (Read 61256 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: The Captain's Log- Spiritwood
« Reply #300 on: March 02, 2010, 07:43:07 pm »

I've just had a strange premonition that Legon is about to die.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 02, 2010, 10:31:17 pm »

Congrats Cirius! Jreengus would make a great name, incidentally. And I don't suppose McSomething is out of the question for a middle name...?

Also, hurrah, looks like we've got a climax to the first chapter coming up. If you're introducing new dwarves in Spiritwood, would it be possible if entirely by coincedence there happened to be a dwarf named Retro among the newcomers? Who just might happen to be involved with the mechanical/engineering side of things, should there be a need for that?

Cirius

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saga Master of Spiritwood
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 03, 2010, 03:45:17 am »

After a hurried selection process-or a fight as the humans would call it, the winning dwarf, a sprightly young fellow by the name of Ordus strolled towards the distant prize with a rather large grin on his face. He was whistling to himself as he sauntered down the roadway, idly wondering just how much of the salvage reward he would be allowed to keep.

As he approached the conspicuous statue, he made a brief calculation in his head as to the worth of a statue that size made of solid bronze. He whistled faintly under his breath, and his grin grew even wider.

Finally, he stood in front of the statue and looked upwards at its rather foreboding form. Standing over eight feet tall, the statue depicted a large muscular champion of some ancient civilization lost to the depths of time. Its muscular frame glistened in the sunlight, making the statue difficult to stare directly at for any length of time, and the recently stopped rainfall was still evident in the sparkle of raindrops reflecting the light.

The statue stood firmly upright, staring fixedly down the road in the direction of the waiting dwarves.

Ordus reached forward, and tapped the statue gently with his fist. It replied with a resonant tone that echoed from inside. The dwarf frowned momentarily, after realising the statue was at least partially hollow, before grinning again. Hollow or not, the statue was still worth an absolute fortune.

He turned back to the distant dwarves waiting a short distance away down the road, and waved an arm.

“It’s fine,” he shouted. “Now let’s see if we can get it on the back of a wagon.”

From behind him, he heard a loud creak, then everything went black.

The distant dwarves shouted in anger as they saw the statue thrust a fist forward, and the lone figure of Ordus was punched into the ditch, his broken body sprawling lifeless in the mud at the side of the road. The bronze statue withdrew its fist and straightened up, its two glowing red eyes flaring within the darkness of its skull. Once again, it looked towards the caravan, and its eyes glowed with fury.
Arch-Bishop Cirius started at the ringing of the bell, which signalled the arrival of a pilgrim with a problem to throw at him. It was always a problem. Nobody ever came to say the hymns with him... Or say happy birthday.

Welcome to Spiritwood

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 03, 2010, 05:26:31 am »

Ouch. That must have hurted.

Magical Bronze Statue of A Champion - Dwarves: 1-0
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 03, 2010, 06:01:27 am »

holy shit, I actually didn't see bronze colossus as an out come. I have failed.

I sorts guessed a medusa type dealey.

EDT: Also I need to stop posting from my iPod.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 04:35:03 pm by Jackrabbit »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 03, 2010, 06:57:10 am »

Yeah, I didn't see a bronze colossus coming until like, halfway through that segment... Which is Awesome.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #306 on: March 03, 2010, 01:24:48 pm »

:o

My guy was planning on stealing that thing off the back of the wagon it would have been put on, and sell to have enough money to build his own private vessel.

jk

Quite a nice twist to the story.

Right now I just recalled the goblin cut-scene a while back.
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

Cirius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 03, 2010, 05:54:25 pm »

Yes, I was somewhat confused as to why so many people were taken by surprise by the bronze colossus, considering Nganuz brought the thing to life not too long ago, but there was a little bit of a zombie related sidetrack, and people may have forgotten about it all.

Apologies for the rather brief and somewhat crudely written segment, but I only had about twenty minutes before I had to leave for work this morning.
Arch-Bishop Cirius started at the ringing of the bell, which signalled the arrival of a pilgrim with a problem to throw at him. It was always a problem. Nobody ever came to say the hymns with him... Or say happy birthday.

Welcome to Spiritwood

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #308 on: March 03, 2010, 05:59:10 pm »

Will you be using forces in your story?
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 03, 2010, 06:02:48 pm »

Nganuz brought the thing to life not too long ago, but there was a little bit of a zombie related sidetrack, and people may have forgotten about it all.

I did forget too, but I still figured it was a colossus.
That scene would have probably been fresher in my mind if I'd been reading through in one go, instead of having last read that scene months ago...
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Cirius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 03, 2010, 06:12:18 pm »

Forgive me, I'm somewhat confused by what you mean by forces?

Welcome to Spiritwood

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #311 on: March 03, 2010, 06:18:39 pm »

Look in legends mode.
You'll find forces listed.

They say that it is with forest bla bla bla and associated with bla bla bla.

Here is the only wiki page I could find that has them: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Deity

Cirius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 03, 2010, 06:22:44 pm »

Let's just say I have plans for Spiritwood.

Welcome to Spiritwood

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #313 on: March 03, 2010, 06:25:04 pm »

Let's just say I have plans for Spiritwood.
Spiritwood
Maybe the forces live there  :o

lol, I can't wait to see what happens :D

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 03, 2010, 06:37:47 pm »

Congrats Cirrus! Welcome to the club!!

Still enjoying the story. Love Moist, he is just about the worst god ever. Which makes sense, because Kubluk is the worst prophet ever. They deserve eachother :D
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25