Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25

Author Topic: The Captain's Log- Spiritwood  (Read 61288 times)

Servu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Captain's Log- Spiritwood
« Reply #180 on: November 17, 2009, 06:22:45 am »

It's good to have you back.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 17, 2009, 06:24:20 am »

See, this is why you don't freak out and assume someone died when they're away for a few weeks.

Good to have you back.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 17, 2009, 06:39:57 am »

I will freak out as MUCH as I wish!

I'm really glad you're back Cirius.

I love you.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 17, 2009, 06:48:53 am »

He does. I've come to accept he'll never be mine.
 :(

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Comes with the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 17, 2009, 07:02:55 am »

Great to have you asmong us once more.
can't wait fo rhte next installment. :D

[offtopic]
i wonder if a smiley should imply a period... would be good for those lazy with punctuation like me. :P
[/offtopic]

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 17, 2009, 10:55:35 am »

Smart undead. Armok help them.

Glad you're back Cirius.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 17, 2009, 01:32:21 pm »

HE LIIIIVVEESSSS:o :o

Now that thats out of my system, good update man, and welcome back!

HOLY GOD LOOK AT ALL OF THEM!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 01:38:12 pm by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 17, 2009, 04:46:33 pm »

Awesome update!  Glad to hear you're on the rise.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Cirius

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saga Master of Spiritwood
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 18, 2009, 04:46:20 am »

“Quit your lagging and hitch those blasted wagons!” Othtar yelled across the camp. His admonishments seemed unnecessary, as each and every dwarf in the caravan was industriously scurrying backwards and forwards with something between their arms.

Over the tumultuous din of the camp, the still distant yet gradually approaching moans of the undead filled both the air and the minds of each and every dwarf in the camp.

“Can’t we fight them off?!” Kubluk yelled over to Othtar, even as he dumped yet another load onto a wagon.

“If they fought, we might have a chance,” came the reply. “But deadites don’t stop to swing a sword. They’ll wash over us like a wave on the beach.” He motioned an arm towards the distant sound. “Listen to them, there must be well over a hundred of them. We leave now, and we leave fast! If we hit the ground running we might just make it!”

Othtar looked around him. The work on loading the wagons had begun to slow as the dwarves began to pay more attention to the approaching noise from the darkness. Several of the dwarves were standing motionless, staring into the darkness.

“Don’t you blasted dwarves understand, if you don’t load it, it gets left behind, and I’m not drinking plump helmet brew for the rest of the trip! Get to work!” He yelled.

Deep inside the fog, the legion marched on. They walked slowly, legs dragging every step as if reluctant to continue, but still they came. Both clothing and flesh hung from their bodies like rags, occasionally dispensing a fragment to the ground as they stepped onwards. Their voices were individually quiet, little more than a sigh as air slid out from their useless lungs, but together filled the air with a sound of soulful regret and hunger. In the distance, the sounds of the camp acted as a magnet to the horde, pulling them inexorably closer.

At their head, a lone figure walked, concealed beneath a monks habit. His gait was still unsteady, but clearly under more control than the shambling horde that followed him. Beneath a raised hood, his eyes burned with a fierce hunger and fury.

In the corner of the camp, Labs, whilst leaning over to lift a barrel, cursed as a bolt of pain shot through his arm. He stood up slowly, and cautiously rolled up his sleeve. Upon his outstretched limb lay a set of vicious looking teeth marks, surrounded by an unpleasant amount of ooze. Looking around quickly to see if anyone had noticed, he wrapped the wound with a scrap of cloth before concealing it once again under his shirt.

“Labs, there’ll be time for rest later, grab that barrel and get to work!”

“Aye, I’m coming.”
Arch-Bishop Cirius started at the ringing of the bell, which signalled the arrival of a pilgrim with a problem to throw at him. It was always a problem. Nobody ever came to say the hymns with him... Or say happy birthday.

Welcome to Spiritwood

Cirius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 18, 2009, 04:49:57 am »

Author's Note:

A short update, for which I apologise, but I'd rather keep the momentum going as things heat up a little for the dwarves. Also, I thought a pause might be necessary after revealing that Labs has taken a bite.

Does anyone else love zombies as much as I do? Bless their shambling little non-beating hearts.
Arch-Bishop Cirius started at the ringing of the bell, which signalled the arrival of a pilgrim with a problem to throw at him. It was always a problem. Nobody ever came to say the hymns with him... Or say happy birthday.

Welcome to Spiritwood

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Comes with the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 18, 2009, 05:53:05 am »

totally what a lot of people would do.(re: labs) i'd like to think i'd off myself in that situation, i highly doubt i'll ever find out though.
should make for an interesting slog, keep up the good work!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 18, 2009, 06:23:14 am »

I like it. I like it a lot. And Labs is dead too... Damn.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Cirius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 18, 2009, 07:20:47 am »

Labs isn't dead. At least not yet. I suppose he could lop his arm off, but that would hurt like hell. But then he is a dwarf.

I wish I knew what was going to happen to Labs, but that would imply I somehow had control over his fate.

Oh, wait.

Welcome to Spiritwood

Servu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 18, 2009, 08:49:33 am »

Well I assume my character got through this undead episode just fine, though it's hard to tell.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 18, 2009, 09:40:24 am »

If I was bitten, I dunno what I'd do. Probably hack off the bitten arm for starters, then give someone orders to kill me if I turned. I'd put up with being nicknamed Lefty rather than Braaaaaaaaaaains.

Damn, this makes me wish that zombies had been fully implemented. I don't think they're coming next version either, sadly.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25