Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25

Author Topic: The Captain's Log- Spiritwood  (Read 61276 times)

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Captain's Log- Spiritwood
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2009, 11:56:26 pm »

Your new immagrants all arrive with fey mood status, They move into the fortress... They all start attacking your people wich in turn get fey mood, Soon your only have one dwarf left against the rampaging evilness aroudn you and he has full plate adamantine!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2009, 01:40:07 am »

If they all have fey moods, who dug out the addy?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Cirius

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saga Master of Spiritwood
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2009, 02:28:25 am »

Grendus, I apologise for the minimal appearances so far of the civilian classes. This section of the novel is primarily covering the dangerous journey the dwarves are making, so it's tending to be concentrating more on the military dwarves. The other dwarves will be making more of an involved appearance later, but will still be making an odd appearance as we go.

Of course, some might say that commenting on your dwarf's lack of appearance right during the middle of a zombie outbreak might not have been the wisest idea...

Saying that, I warn you all, the death of the first named dwarf is soon to be upon us. The shadowy finger of fate may fall on any one of you...
Arch-Bishop Cirius started at the ringing of the bell, which signalled the arrival of a pilgrim with a problem to throw at him. It was always a problem. Nobody ever came to say the hymns with him... Or say happy birthday.

Welcome to Spiritwood

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2009, 03:02:50 am »

hey. HEY! I updated! You all saw me. I didn't succumb to apathy. Nuh uh. can't happen.
Course, i'd probably be thrilled if it did. But I'd be thrilled anyway.

I love it. I log on, get into my story to see you calling my posts excellent writing, and then move on to your posts to see excellent writing. Novelist's dream.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Cirius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 09, 2009, 03:10:26 am »

Within less than an hour, the wagon train had moved without incident through the village, and rejoined with the members of the Helm. The human had been sent to the rear to rest in a lightly loaded wagon, and they had been making good time along the stone road since picking him up.
As the wagons clattered along the roadway, the dwarven legion marched at a jog along either side. Kubluk was as ever sat in the lead cart, where Tacken held the reins. Despite the danger from attack, the two dwarves were in high spirits, exchanging stories from the mountain home.

“And Labs said ‘wood? I thought you wanted it made of iron!” Tacken exclaimed, slapping his knees. Kubluk sat back on the bench, and laughed deeply.

“So,” Tacken asked, his face becoming a little more serious. “Did you leave anyone behind back home? A family?”

“There’s just me,” Kubluk replied. “My brothers were part of the guard that stood up against the giant. Neither or them survived the battle.”

“It sounds like they died well.”

“Aye, they did the family proud.”

He hung his head slightly, remembering their determined faces. They had both seemed so confident as they pulled on their helmets and left the fortress. He had never believed they would never return.

“Do you think we’ll ever go back there?” Tacken asked, after a moment of silence.

Kubluk paused, then recalled his conversation with Mebzuth the councilman at the gateway to their home.

“The mountain home has stood for over a thousand years. It’s survived fires, dragons, giants.” Kubluk replied. “It’s the true ancestral home for all dwarves, and I’m reckoning it’ll take more than just a little damp to bring it to its knees.”

Tacken nodded, somewhat satisfied with the response. Kubluk looked away, his eyes fixing on the roadway ahead of them. In his minds eye, he could see the waters rising through the tunnels of the mountain home. Furniture and dwarf alike pushed aside by the surging waters, the screams of panic from the trapped. He felt the bitter taste of the flood waters in his mouth and imagined how it would feel to finally disappear underneath the waves for good.

He shuddered slightly, and pulled his cloak tightly around him. The air was beginning to become colder, and a damp breeze was gradually picking up. Visibility was decreasing, as the evening began to draw in, and a thick fog began to settle around the convoy.

Legon jogged over to the wagon, and Kubluk helped him up onto the bench beside them. He paused momentarily to regain his breath before reporting.

“It’s beginning to get dark. We should stop soon before we can’t see more than a few feet ahead of us. Othtar doesn’t like the look of that fog either.”

Kubluk nodded. “I agree. Is there anywhere near we can stop?”

“Nothing marked on the map, it might be best to just make camp.”

Kubluk paused for a moment, then nodded. “You’re probably right. We’ll stop where we are, and pull everyone in close. I’m not feeling good about tonight.”

He wrapped his cloak even tighter around himself and shivered again. He wasn’t feeling good about that night, not even slightly.
Arch-Bishop Cirius started at the ringing of the bell, which signalled the arrival of a pilgrim with a problem to throw at him. It was always a problem. Nobody ever came to say the hymns with him... Or say happy birthday.

Welcome to Spiritwood

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 09, 2009, 04:27:40 am »

:D
This is a really good story!
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2009, 04:39:04 am »

I'm fairly certain it's got enough votes for the Hall of Legends too. I'll get right on that.

That was quick, I must say.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2009, 04:51:27 am »

Congratulations on your induction into the HALL OF LEGENDS!!!

Feel proud? I do. As seen by the triple exclamation marks.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2009, 04:53:37 am »

Want to write your own little blurb? If you don't, I will.

Shudder.

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 09, 2009, 06:45:41 am »

Gratz on the hall of legends induction, Well deserved indeed.

Servu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 09, 2009, 10:43:12 am »

Congrats from my behalf also!

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 09, 2009, 02:42:48 pm »

Congrats. Deserved it fully.  ;D
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Cirius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 09, 2009, 04:03:24 pm »

Holy crap, I'm in the Hall of Legends?!!

I really must keep track of other threads, I had absolutely no idea that was on the cards.
As for a blurb, I'll just take this part and parcel from the first post of this thread.

"After Moist Vetek, a somewhat mediocre weather god appears to Kubluk Taniden in a dream, the unlucky dwarf is thrust into an epic adventure featuring elves, demons, goblins, zombies and scattered showers.
With nothing but their wits and the somewhat suicidal dwarves of the Courageous Bolt to help them, the travellers must fight their way across the lands of the mountain home to build for their very survival."

Thanks to everyone who voted for me! 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 04:07:50 pm by Cirius »

Welcome to Spiritwood

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 09, 2009, 05:03:22 pm »

Awesome.  That sums up the premise rather nicely, methinks.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2009, 05:05:30 pm »

Head on over and check it out.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25