Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Does Armless = Useless?  (Read 7324 times)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: Does Armless = Useless?
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2009, 05:16:28 pm »

And I don't think humans and dwarves can latch on when they bite.

But they do (or humans at least)!  I've done this personally (don't remember why or how, I think one or both of my arms were broken and I had my combat preferences set to close combat) and while you've latched on, there is an option in the wrestling menu that says "Shake [body part] with mouth" that allows you to tear off chunks from your enemies.  About two battles later I discovered I still had harpy chunks in my mouth.  It was disgusting and awesome!

Edit:  Let me see if I can reproduce this and post a screenshot.  Basically your arms have to be disabled or otherwise occupied, and you have to set attack preferences to close combat, and I think that does it.

I can think of a way to disable your arms without having to get them chopped off.

Fight two enemies at a time, and grab one with both arms. Then try attacking the other one.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2009, 08:18:34 am »

I had a adventurer a while back that got his arms destroyed and went on with life goreing wolves and such with his mouth, until he got knocked down and got his head bite off and spat out...
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2009, 05:50:48 pm »

You could just grab a target with both hands, instead of fighting two.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2009, 06:07:52 pm »

Couldn't you also throw (spit?) the chunks at enemies in a sortof chunky breath attack?

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2009, 02:38:51 am »

It be a cooler mental image if you had two wolves in a headlock and were biting a third to death.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

KaziArmada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2009, 08:02:42 pm »

It be a cooler mental image if you had two wolves in a headlock and were biting a third to death.
God I wish I could draw, that would make an awesome image for the Drawing thread...

yaklin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2009, 01:13:41 pm »

i would say that grabbing a wolf with both arms then ripping it to pieces with your mouth is still pretty epic

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2009, 01:14:47 pm »

Grabbing two wolves in the face, and then latching onto a third one while it struggles!

wehll

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer stunned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2009, 07:14:33 pm »

I'm curious. Is there any way to maintain empty hands? For example: A dwarf wants his hands completely free to strangle/gouge/cripple without the restriction of stuff in his/her hands.

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2009, 08:15:18 pm »

I had a adventurer a while back that got his arms destroyed and went on with life goreing wolves and such with his mouth, until he got knocked down and got his head bite off and spat out...

Holy crap, that's really ironic in such a beautiful way...
But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2009, 11:19:00 pm »

I'm curious. Is there any way to maintain empty hands? For example: A dwarf wants his hands completely free to strangle/gouge/cripple without the restriction of stuff in his/her hands.
I dunno, I like strangling people with my slab of bear meat ration that I start with.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2009, 12:41:30 pm »

Also I thought losing your arms doesn't prevent you from throwing things (or perhaps even picking things up)

wehll

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer stunned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2009, 07:04:45 pm »

I dunno, I like strangling people with my slab of bear meat ration that I start with.
Hm. Good point. I wonder if it would be possible to mod in a feature that would allow you to wield weapons with your mouth...

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2009, 07:13:36 pm »

1. Add [GRASP] and [ATTACKFLAG_WITH] to the mouth.
2. KILL THE WORLD.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2009, 10:57:05 pm »

1. Add [GRASP] and [ATTACKFLAG_WITH] to the mouth.
2. KILL THE WORLD.
I think I'll try this but also remove arms and legs from dwarves and see how badass one can be as a result.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6