Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Does Armless = Useless?  (Read 7313 times)

Domini0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Does Armless = Useless?
« on: August 29, 2009, 11:09:40 pm »

So I just created a human adventurer and, not having spawned with a weapon, decided to steal one from a spearmaster. No worries, i got it from him and ran for the hills and after a close wolf fight later (I have no training in spear so it was a toughy) I encountered a bear. It latches but I attempt to break away and then attack. In one simultaneous action the bear latches onto my arm and rips it off as I pierce its lungs and heart. Huzzah! I killed the bear!
...then passed out instantly for god knows how long. Now I did manage to fast travel away but I have no toughness and am constantly passing out. Will my stat increase from this or is my one legged friend doomed to be wolf bait?

p.s. I regret to inform you readers that I didn't manage to retrieve my arm, so no children clubbing...

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Does Armless = Useless?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 11:36:25 pm »

You should just make a new one. You'll be passing out constantly until you're a lot tougher.

Alternatively, train throwing skill somewhere safe for a while. Then sneaking.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 11:38:17 pm »

It makes me wonder how a adamantine clad adventurer can sneak in a grey background

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 11:52:08 pm »

You should just make a new one. You'll be passing out constantly until you're a lot tougher.

Alternatively, train throwing skill somewhere safe for a while. Then sneaking.

Don't try to train swimming, though. For obvious reasons.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Domini0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 12:51:29 am »

no worries, I encountered a cougar and I passed out right in front of it. I'm just building a bridge to an island now so that a future adventurer/fort can use it

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 01:06:13 am »

Toss in legless as well, and you should be able to bite the kneecaps off of kings and knights. ;D

Meh... Just a flesh wound.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 01:10:53 am by Itnetlolor »

Mr Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 05:21:27 am »

Eh, I modded my Dwarves to do 10-10 BLUDGEON damage with their hands (After trying out both BURN and GORE damage, both boring.).

You could change the Human bite attack to do high amounts of SLASH damage maybe?

Domini0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 12:04:07 pm »

and high toughess, or improving the mouth would just make em scream/whine louder from lack of limbs.
The black knight has a superknightly toughness rating so one can imagine.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 12:41:54 pm »

Toss in legless as well, and you should be able to bite the kneecaps off of kings and knights. ;D

PG how?

Taritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 05:01:23 pm »

PG how?
Um, if an image would fit in a PG rated movie isn't anything important.  Just no bigoted language and nothing sexually explicit.  Plus, you should probably get yourself a copy of Monty Python and The Holy Grail, because if you don't recognize 'Just a flesh wound' you have some edumacatin' to do.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 05:20:43 pm »

PG how?
Um, if an image would fit in a PG rated movie isn't anything important.  Just no bigoted language and nothing sexually explicit.  Plus, you should probably get yourself a copy of Monty Python and The Holy Grail, because if you don't recognize 'Just a flesh wound' you have some edumacatin' to do.

Watched it as a little kid and I couldn't sleep for a month. I haven't really bothered to watch it again.

That's why I said it.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2009, 06:05:29 pm »

PG how?

What about the scene in the tower place? The one with the grail-shaped lightbulbs?
That's fairly sexually explicit.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2009, 09:38:48 pm »

Excuse me when I say What the hell are you all arguing about?

On topic, make a new adventurer, unless you are particularly attached to this one, or you modded him to have 50 arms.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Seraph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 12:46:35 am »

PG how?

What about the scene in the tower place? The one with the grail-shaped lightbulbs?
That's fairly sexually explicit.
IIRC other then a single two word phrase it's extreamly non-explicit. A whole lot is implied. But very little is actually outright stated.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 05:32:41 pm »

Firstly, MPATHG is actually a 15, not that it matters in any way, shape or form, since the picture posted is fine.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6