Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trade depo and item hauling  (Read 533 times)

Entropy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trade depo and item hauling
« on: May 29, 2007, 11:36:00 pm »

Whenever I have unsold items in the trade depot, they are never hauled off to a stockpile after the traders leave.

If nobody is around to trade, the goods should be returned to where they came from along with all the stuff you just bought (of course perishables like meat should get first priority - I hate losing all the meat I just got).

If items are just left at the depot, they should automatically be ready for trade rather than having to go through the listing of everything in the fortress to designate what is already in the depot.

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trade depo and item hauling
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 03:28:00 am »

They do actually get hauled back normally.  It is quite common in my fort that I bring 3 bins of stuff to the depot and that results in 3 bin being brought into my fortress from the carpenters, and a stack load of junk from the goblin deathpiles.

I would like to see the things in the depot autmatically listed though, and hide some of the crazy flashing of the item in the trade depot please.  Since I turn off all drinks from my stockpiles and routinely buy every drink brought, this may cause a few barrells to become inaccessible for a while.  I would rather it be that way, temporarily having 100 out of 3000 drinks inaccessible is less irritating then scrolling through 2000 bins.

"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.