Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57

Author Topic: Drawing other people's avatars.  (Read 37102 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Drawing other people's avatars.
« Reply #525 on: September 04, 2009, 12:13:10 pm »

So? It's my planet, and that makes it worth far more then any celestial body to me and the rest of those who inhabit it.
Alas, while ones values are not terribly important here, boasts of it's power are overrated.

Me and Mother Nature have a history going wayyyyy back. I'm sure I can have her wipe away a planet or two.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

IHateOutside

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire safety is for wimps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 04, 2009, 12:14:52 pm »

Unless its a terminator dwarf, you're out of luck on this thread.

PointZilla

• Bay Watcher
  • GWAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 04, 2009, 12:15:43 pm »

GWAR!
(Don't think so buddy. She visited the other day and left in a huff after seeing me. And to keep this on-topic, I think I had cybernetic implants at one point. I ate them :()
GWARRRRR!!!

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 04, 2009, 12:20:11 pm »

Please, mother nature is just another example of assigning anthropoid characteristics to a nonsentient complex system created by the interactions of an unbelievably massive mass of biotic and abiotic factors. Even if this is not so, what is there against mars having a similar deity?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 04, 2009, 12:21:20 pm »

Mother nature, not Mother Earth. This is a whole 'nother deity working here.

And shoot! I knew I should have left you in Texas! No god would never look there.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 04, 2009, 12:25:07 pm »

Hey, is there anyone out there who would like to make an avatar for me?  I'm looking for a dwarf with a microphone.

BAM!

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 04, 2009, 12:26:23 pm »

Same thing, same story. You see a world that you cannot understand, a myriad mess of things beyond your reach. What else could it be but alive? You give it a face, and a name, because something like that must be aware, and the only thing you know to be such is yourself. Also, Mars does not have any nature, it's just a reddish rock-a-ma-jig.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 04, 2009, 12:29:00 pm »

Yet with Bio Domes

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 04, 2009, 12:29:44 pm »

All you see is rock and dirt. This stark lifeless landscape has closed your mind to the universe, making you a slave of your sensibilities. All that matters to you is the truth of here and now, despite the number of times it has failed you. You are no better than me, imposing the idea of a lifeless universe onto a life-filled entity.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 04, 2009, 12:30:47 pm »

I believe I'm the first person to post in here without an avatar (except Rainseeker, who's getting one right now :P).  I smite you, silly avatar memes!

Seriously, though, is this where all the recent avatar silliness has been coming from?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 12:41:01 pm by Christes »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 04, 2009, 12:32:47 pm »

Someone Start A Goddamn Anti Fad, hey at least Worker Drone Ain't one.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 04, 2009, 12:37:27 pm »

The planets do not move at the whims of any deity. You could sit there availing your goddess till the dawn, and Mars would be the same tomorrow as it has been for as long as memory holds. I hold the present so dearly because I see those who spend their time wailing at the masses of the world, talking of half-truths and things that they cannot prove,but cannot be disproved. They do this, and it is but a distraction, a fleeting comfort. It makes them apathetic towards the now, where they could do so much to make a better world, they spend it in darkened halls instead. I see not only the now, but also the future, and I try to make it as good a place as I am able.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 04, 2009, 12:42:16 pm »

I try to make it as good a place as I am able.

This is quickly turning away from friendly games to a religious argument. And the above comment made me laugh.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 04, 2009, 12:44:34 pm »

Yes, I know. You must keep in mind that I am up far later then anyone should be, and on that note: How long do you thing this whole terminator avatars thing is going to last?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 04, 2009, 12:45:14 pm »

As long as the Penguins
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57