Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 47

Author Topic: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"  (Read 87599 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"
« Reply #630 on: June 20, 2014, 04:00:25 pm »

That's bullshit game design right here.
Effective AIP = AIP - reduction, and without the AIP floor, that will result in negative AIP for anyone trying to reduce it as far as possible until they start attacking the homeworlds.
The arcen forums are helpful, but also full of sneaky players who manage to pull off things that cause nerfs on an irregular basis. I think it was the same Draco here who did something silly with transports, for example. ;)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 04:03:42 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 20, 2014, 04:04:46 pm »

That's bullshit game design right here.
what are you referring to?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 04:07:38 pm by TripJack »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 19, 2014, 12:58:20 am »

Necro Time, because I'm planning on actually learning this game at last soon. Hooboy.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 19, 2014, 10:10:44 am »

Necro Time, because I'm planning on actually learning this game at last soon. Hooboy.

Pro-tip: there's a selection-context-sensitive menu hidden behind Alt-Right Click.

Select scouts: auto explore/picket
Select science labs: auto gather knowledge
Nothing: exchange resources with player
When building buildings: Line placement (good for mines)
On the galaxy map: rearrange the map
When selecting units that have modules: template options

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 19, 2014, 10:51:07 am »

With or without Core Shield Generators and bonus ship options from expansions?
With CSGs on, you do get more direction on where to go, but you also must take certain planets. With them off you do whatever sounds like a good plan.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #635 on: November 19, 2014, 11:39:12 am »

I think I had this game from when they first got the "vanilla + first 3 expansions" pack out. So that's from few years ago. Both at least one more expansion after that, maybe even 2, can't remember.

Never played it past 2 or 3 tutorial matches.

Yeah, I think I should really try to get into that game too.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 19, 2014, 12:37:40 pm »

We've still got a multiplayer thread hanging around if you guys want to do that (though that tends to be with most of the expansions enabled), but playing with only 1 home is generally easier. MP is nearly the same as one player with multiple HW.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 19, 2014, 02:03:06 pm »

I think I had this game from when they first got the "vanilla + first 3 expansions" pack out. So that's from few years ago. Both at least one more expansion after that, maybe even 2, can't remember.

I've had it since before 3.0
Because the second time I played the game (post 3.2ish) was radically different than my first game.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 19, 2014, 02:50:04 pm »

do the tutorials, read tooltips, keep the pause button handy, explore the control settings to make your life easier, & learn how to use the reference tab to find out what kills what

lots of depth for an RTS but in the grand scheme of strategy games its really not hard to learn at all, enjoy :D
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:52:08 pm by TripJack »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 19, 2014, 07:27:19 pm »

do the tutorials, read tooltips, keep the pause button handy, explore the control settings to make your life easier, & learn how to use the reference tab to find out what kills what

lots of depth for an RTS but in the grand scheme of strategy games its really not hard to learn at all, enjoy :D
Also, Copy to Disk the control settings once they're working well for you. Then you can load them any other game easily right from the start, including any modular ship designs you've saved with copy to disk.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 20, 2014, 09:06:13 am »

Also, Copy to Disk the control settings once they're working well for you. Then you can load them any other game easily right from the start, including any modular ship designs you've saved with copy to disk.
Couldn't agree more, I usually suggest new players set it to autobuilding 1 engineer, remains rebuilder and the power producing building (that doesn't cost upkeep) at every planet automatically until they know what they're doing. Also auto FRD Engineers makes them roam around the planet and help out wherever needed. Then you only need to throw in more if you feel the need to speed things up but any construction should take care of itself.

Only time I turn those settings off is if capturing more planets than engineer cap, which doesn't happen often.
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 11, 2014, 08:16:45 am »

Anyone who's interested in this should be aware that it's currently half price on gog, that's 10 bucks(ish) for; AI War: Fleet Command, and the DLC Pack consisting of: AI War: The Zenith Remnant, AI War: Children of Neinzul, AI War: Light of the Spire, AI War: Ancient Shadows, AI War: Vengeance Of The Machine, and AI War: Destroyer of Worlds.
I'm picking up a copy :)
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 11, 2014, 08:26:08 am »

Anyone who's interested in this should be aware that it's currently half price on gog, that's 10 bucks(ish) for; AI War: Fleet Command, and the DLC Pack consisting of: AI War: The Zenith Remnant, AI War: Children of Neinzul, AI War: Light of the Spire, AI War: Ancient Shadows, AI War: Vengeance Of The Machine, and AI War: Destroyer of Worlds.
I'm picking up a copy :)

Better than that, the same all-the-things collection is available on the Humble store for US$3.39, DRM-free + Steam keys...  but only for the next four hours or so.  (was featured the first day of Humble's winter sale)
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 11, 2014, 09:35:07 am »

Great, I better sign up with humblebundle now!
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 18, 2015, 09:02:42 pm »

RISE FROM THE DEAD AI WAR

So, I recently picked up the complete of this game for dirt cheap. Seeing as there is a very active thread for it, or used to be rather, I was wondering if anyone was interested in playing it again?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 47