Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 47

Author Topic: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"  (Read 87618 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"
« Reply #600 on: May 23, 2014, 02:01:00 pm »

Their railguns repel raid starships. I consider that a useful quality. :P

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 23, 2014, 02:29:36 pm »

Yes, their railguns do repel ships. It is actually a useful quality for defending irreplaceables especially from, surprise surprise, shield piercers.

Also, on the speed versus power front: Doing more damage helps turrets more because they take less return damage because more enemies are dead. This will mainly to the frontal turrets, and logistics probably would help the longer range ones more, but the point still stands. This assumes the enemy ships are pinned down, of course, but I've seen you and your silly shieldwall before Frumple.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 29, 2014, 12:18:10 pm »

Turret changes have come out in the newest beta. (Also, stat readability update, not-counting-four-homeworlds-as-eight fix, etc)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 29, 2014, 12:20:58 pm »

Turret changes have come out in the newest beta. (Also, stat readability update, not-counting-four-homeworlds-as-eight fix, etc)

Also a turret rebalance.  All Mk1-3 turrets have per-planet caps with the 4s and 5s being global.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 30, 2014, 03:50:38 am »

Anyone have an idea of the next time all the DLC is going to go on sale? I'm itching for some new content.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 30, 2014, 08:02:43 am »

Anyone have an idea of the next time all the DLC is going to go on sale? I'm itching for some new content.

I think it's Augustish.  8.0 is scheduled for then and I think the 6th expansion was close by.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 30, 2014, 08:26:01 am »

Might be earlier if they appear in another bundle or something, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 30, 2014, 10:29:50 am »

i'm sure the steam summer sale will see a nice discount on the whole package

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 30, 2014, 10:32:29 am »

i'm sure the steam summer sale will see a nice discount on the whole package

Whole bundle is already ridiculously discounted.  Base ($10) + 5 expansions ($22) is only $17.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 30, 2014, 10:49:54 am »

Bynfle stars is doing a 75% off sale for $4.25. http://www.bundlestars.com/store/aiwar-collection/

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 30, 2014, 10:58:08 am »

Bynfle stars is doing a 75% off sale for $4.25. http://www.bundlestars.com/store/aiwar-collection/

I viewed that link with 5 days, 3 hours, 3 minutes, 3 seconds to go. :p
Looks like Arcen's other titles are also on sale.  A Valley Without Wind 1&2, Shattered Haven, Skyward Collapse, and Bionic Dues.

AVWW 2 is the good one, I've heard good-weird things about Skyward Collapse, and little about Shatered Haven and Bionic Dues.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 30, 2014, 11:56:16 am »

Not really sure it matters for Valley, don't you get both anyway?

Shattered Haven is a puzzle gameish. Also adventure. Not particularly found of it. Bionic Dues as far as I've heard of it is a roguelike.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 30, 2014, 12:02:38 pm »

Not really sure it matters for Valley, don't you get both anyway?

You do get both.  I'm just saying that 2 is the good one.
For some definition of "good." (I never played either)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 30, 2014, 01:24:51 pm »

And yeah, I can note that bionic dues is pretty nice. Runs out of replayability pretty quickly -- which is kinda' hilarious for a roguelike -- but quite decent. We've got a thread for it running around here, somewhere.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 07, 2014, 10:56:17 am »

New update is a variety pack. Alt-champ redone (now works entirely off K-based XP, at intensities >=5 Lv.61 is where you'll have most modules and all other rewards, every 3 levels after will fill in the missing modules), Spire cities buffed to modern firepower levels (4x the firepower and health/shield health, somewhat less than 2x the range) and improve by 20% the salvage at that planet.
Vengeful AI type is less likely to murder you just for having CSGs and their chain-destruction except for the A-Prime set on, dyson gatlings' conditional self-attrition timing fixed, and a hacking change.

Since the change to make hacking response scale with HaP_Spent (instead of your hacking balance) has been shown to be excessively brutal (such that spending more than, say, 350 HaP total ever is largely contraindicated), it's been changed such that accumulating extra HaP once again reduces the response (once total HaP spent is over 100), but the response also rises with a moderate exponent at that point, and the minimum response still always increases with each additional hack (the math is logged, if you're curious about how it works in a particular situation).
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 47