Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 47

Author Topic: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"  (Read 87694 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"
« Reply #525 on: June 26, 2013, 10:16:30 am »

Thanks for the alert!

I put in my four cents. :)

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 26, 2013, 11:05:22 am »

I just bought the base game + all five expansions for 4,15 €. So if you have interest towards the game, now is a good time to buy.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 03, 2013, 01:23:01 pm »

Hey guys, guess what?

Hacking got much more awesome.

Basically now when the AI gains AI Progress you also gain Hacking Progress. So it gets stronger, but you get to exploit new "vulnerabilities". You can also spend more HaP than you have, but when it goes negative the AI's response to hacking gets nasty fast. For now here's what the Hacker ship can do:
- Extract knowledge from an AI planet that's in supply.
- Redirect the research at an AI-controlled ARS on an AI planet so you can pick which of the planet's three bonus types to unlock instead of just the default one.
- Reverse-engineer an AI-controlled Fabricator on an AI planet so you can build that type of ship without holding the irreplaceable.
- Reverse-engineer an AI-controlled Advanced Factory or Advanced Starship Constructor on an AI planet so you can build that kind of MkIV ship without holding the irreplaceable.

If the third line means what I think it means, it means you can hack fabs, get the basic ship types, then grab the fab and go crazy.

Also:

Another major change was actually needed for the new hacking forms, but is a pretty major utility improvement all around: Space Docks and Starship Constructors (and similar broad queue-builders) can now build the mkIV and mkV versions of the ship types available at them (and Space Docks should be able to build the experimental fab fleet ships, though that may still be a bit rough) IF you have the necessary fabricator/factory/constructor OR the necessary hacking of said. This will probably make fabricator types and whatnot more usable in general, though generally speaking the intragalactic warp gates largely took care of this in the past.
Yay! No more scattering engineers all over the place!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 03, 2013, 01:31:17 pm »

And its not done yet either~

Also, Viral shredders can be sorta hilarious as far as I've seen. I started a game to see how the new stuff worked, attack a planet with 40 of them and left with 90 of them. :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 03, 2013, 01:50:14 pm »

*Insert image of a giant, throbbing, heart, here.*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #530 on: July 03, 2013, 01:55:41 pm »

AM I DOING IT RITE?

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 03, 2013, 02:08:30 pm »

AM I DOING IT RITE?

#win

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 03, 2013, 02:25:12 pm »

If the third line means what I think it means, it means you can hack fabs, get the basic ship types, then grab the fab and go crazy.
Turns out, it doesn't mean what I think it means. You can only make MK5s. Still, sometimes ensuring you have that ship type forever might be useful. I mean, nobody likes raiders or champions charging in past your defenses and blowing up your irreplaceable fab.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 08, 2013, 05:16:19 pm »

New update, ho!
Most important thing:
The AI's base response to hacking is now based on AIP - HackingProgress, so that your early hacks are basically always easy, and having surplus HaP generally helps. Hopefully this won't make things too easy but the alternative has been fairly, um, startling to players doing their first hack of a game at 300 AIP or so :)
Theres also a new kind of hack: Design Corrupt/Design Download. Theres a new structure similar to the data center and you can either remove a bonus ship type(s) from the AI's non-Core control, or you can steal the design(s) and treat it like a hacking-only ARS.

Also relevant:
  • The HaP cost of each hacking operation is now 1.5x the previous of that kind, instead of 2x.
  • Knowledge gathering in general no longer requires supply (normal knowledge gatherers still require the absence of an AI command station), since there are now other very powerful deterrents to the "knowledge-hack the entire galaxy" approach.
  • Orbital Mass Drivers now have the health of a mkI arachnid post and the DPS of a mkIII one (with no change to rate of fire). Both changes are significant buffs.
  • Fixed a bug where the tabs for building Protector Starships or Spire Corvettes would not show up at Starship Constructors if you'd hacked the corresponding core fab (but had no other access to that bonus type).
    -This should also make hacking core turret controllers work, though that isn't something we've intentionally included in the existing fab hacking yet so it may have other issues.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 05, 2013, 09:02:22 pm »

Just dropping this here: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Everyone should have this game.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 08, 2013, 12:58:34 pm »

Been playing this due to the bundle, it's REALLY fun, and I was wondering if anyone would like to play a game? I'm still a noob, so hopefully not on too hard of a difficulty, but yeah.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 08, 2013, 01:07:50 pm »

Might want to poke the other thread, see if you can drum something up. There's also a steam group, if you've got steam access. Things have been fairly quiet for a few weeks, but there's definitely folks willing to play if someone wrangles 'em into a game.

Wouldn't be able to do anything until thursday night or so, m'self, though. Definitely be up for a game or two this next weekend.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

generalpie

• Bay Watcher
  • Um, Well, You know...
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 08, 2013, 11:01:24 pm »

I got it, and as much as I love RTS's, I still have yet to put in the time to learn this one..I will one day, and i'll join on the suicide missions bound to fai-I mean succeed.
Wise Words ; Pride is Good. Until it is bad. Then it is bad.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 09, 2013, 04:30:38 am »

Count me in. Just got this game too thanks to Humble Bundle.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #539 on: September 09, 2013, 07:56:51 am »

Wish they'd have separate keys for all the DLC - I've got the game but am missing the latest expansion.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 47